• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Man, the campaigns in the Destiny franchise have been consistently boring and mindnumbing.

FTFY.

Taken King was okay, but as a package it's been pretty disappointing.

I'll prolly try the expansion since I got the season pass but seeing most of the comments I'm not in a hurry.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
So far, so good. Mars feels like the Destiny of old, the Patrol zone feels so, so much better. Better than Titan and the EDZ, and a whole lot better than Mercury. Seems Bungie are taking steps in the right direction to make Desiny 2 better, the new updates to PVP are a welcome improvement for me (i'm a sucker for PVP). Will this tide me over until the next huge update in September/October time, most likely. Story is great so far, only done about 2 or 3 main missions.

Jan 10, 2018
Aren't they the titan version of the warlocks' Winter's Guile? In which case the damage buff stacks, substantially, with further melee kills in the buff time resetting the countdown and adding to the buff. At the max of 5 you can kill orange bars in 1 or 2 punches. Coupled with an ability that gives health on melee kills and it is quite effective.

What it lacks is a good presentation. I do not feel any of the effects or the power behind the item. Much like exotic weapons the exotic amor should have their own animations and sound effects. It is the case with some of them, but mostly they are presented in a very bland manner where the buffs are almost unnoticeable. Each time there is a damage buff there needs to be some really sweet sound effect and the hands should literally be covered in fire. Such a thing would go a loooong way in making exotic armor more interesting and unique.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Pretty sure theyve been doing this since launch. It's supposed to be to make the strikes feel more like a part of the story but in reality it looks like laziness (that doesn't necessarily mean it is)
They didn't do this with any of the launch Strikes. At least with Curse of Osiris they changed them up slightly with new dialogue and had the excuse that you were running through the same simulation twice. Here it's literally just the same story mission again just a bit harder. It's just insult to injury that there is a whole new Strike it's just exclusive to PlayStation.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
The ashen wake gauntlets are so cool, fusion grenades fuck shit up big time now

Did you get those from completing story as Warlock?

Guys what is the best way to level up fast so i can zip through the story without a struggle? PE?

I finished on my hunter last night, and I think it took longer than it should have.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Did you get those from completing story as Warlock?

Guys what is the best way to level up fast so i can zip through the story without a struggle? PE?

I finished on my hunter last night, and I think it took longer than it should have.

Just do the Adventures. They're much shorter than the base game Adventures and are easy.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Despite my issues with how they handled the campaign/strikes, I do think Mars and the associated collectibles are cool. I want to dig into Escalation Protocol once I get my LL up. There are secrets to be found.

Now, is that worth $20? It will depend on the Raid Lair. If it's good, the value proposition here is better than Osiris. God, Mercury was a disappointment.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with others that Mars feels more destiny like than others.

While Mercury has a nice skybox, the actual playing field is just a clay dust bowl.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The new exotic ship I got looks like it's half destroyed with lights blinking on it. Love it cuz it feels like I'm an old vet who went through hell.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This new DLC strike system where they toss more enemies into a story mission and rebrand it as a strike is so lame. Getting the one extra strike per DLC is not worth this shit. I want new, original strikes. Will of Crota and Shadow Thief were both such phenomenal strikes that they more than made up for the fact that they were the only strikes in their respective DLCs (for Xbox anyway, Dark Below also had Undying Mind for PS4...).

Finding out that there actually is a new, original strike in this DLC, exclusive to PlayStation of course, is quite a piss taker.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Lots of pics but Warlocks need some love!
Here are some of mine :-)

PC.png

Proj.jpg

X1Xj.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
story was a joke. actually worse than Curse of Osiris.

as for levelling i got to 30/344. i'm gonna check out all the changes since i last played and see what else the expansion has added but i'll do that tomorrow.
You really think so?
No infinite forest bullshit
Valkyrie was a nice new edition
No Osiris showing up and leaving all with in two minutes
The enemies were dope from the shield and sword knights to another of Oryx's kids and the giant work

I felt imo it was better

Anyway
How do I retrieve the things I unlock from Tess with that new grid system?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Escalation Protocol is no joke. Managed to get to level 2 with four other randoms. Level 2 is a Wizard that has a dumb amount of health.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The Strikes are supposed to be additional content, not reused.

If the Strikes have to be reused, then they should at least act as Strikes in the original campaign as well. Meaning it matchmakes you with two other people if you're playing solo. That way, players understand what it is. I'm not even against the final mission of the game being a matchmade Strike.

Of course, then there's what... two story missions?

I just don't get how they can't create a full campaign. I don't need a $20 expansion to have TTK-esque content. But my god.

Dec 13, 2017
So I jumped back in and went from 308 to 338 after doing the campaign. Should I be trying to get to 345+ before opening powerul engrams? What else should I do in the meantime waiting for the new raid lair, escalation protocol is impossible this light. Is there anything I should be doing in particular, or just grind PE's and do my milestones?

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I jumped back in and went from 308 to 338 after doing the campaign. Should I be trying to get to 345+ before opening powerul engrams? What else should I do in the meantime waiting for the new raid lair, escalation protocol is impossible this light. Is there anything I should be doing in particular, or just grind PE's and do my milestones?
Turn in tokens at vendors until you have at least one gear piece for each slot that is 340 without a legendary mod or 345 with a legendary mod applied. That's the soft cap.

Once you hit soft cap, raid, trials, and do milestones for Luminous Engrams which will increase your level more. Or work on exotic quests or vendor leveling. Up to you.

Dec 13, 2017
Turn in tokens at vendors until you have at least one gear piece for each slot that is 340 without a legendary mod or 345 with a legendary mod applied. That's the soft cap.

Once you hit soft cap, raid, trials, and do milestones for Luminous Engrams which will increase your level more. Or work on exotic quests or vendor leveling. Up to you.

Vendors have individual levels again? I never noticed this before. I'm guessing the quest Ana gives you after the campaign starts an exotic quest, so I'll work on that. Thank you!

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
If i buy Warmind, does it come with Curse of Osiris?
No, but you don't need to buy CoO to buy or play Warmind. You'll just miss out on the CoO planet, strikes, and raid lair mainly.

There's an expansion pass which contains both for a slight discount.

PvP maps are now free regardless of DLC purchase.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want this to be a bitchfest but I do think it's something that needs to be brought up. It's been 5 months since CoO. Obviously this was worked on before CoO. Who knows how long Warmind has been in development. I haven't finished the full content of Warmind yet but what takes so long to pump all of this out? When I see content being reused, uninspired exotics, uninspired progression, etc I can only imagine that it really shouldn't take this long to create such a small amount of content. It just seems so bizarre when I see other companies developing so much more quickly, and charges less. There's a stark contrast in the content delivery, the quality of content, and the speed of content being delivered.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still annoyed that the vanguard and crucible vendors have don't sell there individual armour pieces anymore. It seems pretty stupid of Bungle to remove that feature but leave the rest of the planet vendors with the ability to buy there individual armour pieces.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want this to be a bitchfest but I do think it's something that needs to be brought up. It's been 5 months since CoO. Obviously this was worked on before CoO. Who knows how long Warmind has been in development. I haven't finished the full content of Warmind yet but what takes so long to pump all of this out? When I see content being reused, uninspired exotics, uninspired progression, etc I can only imagine that it really shouldn't take this long to create such a small amount of content. It just seems so bizarre when I see other companies developing so much more quickly, and charges less. There's a stark contrast in the content delivery, the quality of content, and the speed of content being delivered.
Well, in this DLC's case, this was Vicarious Visions' first stab at making Destiny content, so I imagine they were just threw into it while the core Destiny team worked on Destiny 2 Taken King DLC. That be my guess

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Holy fuck heroic strikes are a nightmare with randoms. Recommended level is 350. People are 340 trying this. I advise not to. Enemues have A LOT of health. Plus the modifiers are a bitch. Even at 360+, it's tough.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Competitive Crucible as a solo player is not particularly fun. Constantly against stacked teams, where my own seem to constantly be full of people who gaze into the heavy ammo box twenty seconds before it's due to appear.

Very frustrating. Matchmaking is not good. I wish I had friends :(

Oct 29, 2017
Tempted to jump back into this since I have the season pass, but I think I'd enjoy my time even more if I wait until Septemberish, when their other game changes are implemented and even more content is available.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't the two new strikes the last two missions of the game? Those were both pretty cool levels in the campaign, especially the urban environment of the final level. At the very least, it's cool to get those levels into a rotation you can play, rather than them being lost in campaign no one plays anymore.

I'm thinking about getting the season pass and playing through both DLC. Kind of lost my will to get angry at Destiny and video games in general. If I feel like playing something, I'm just going to play it. And I feel like playing Destiny. Playing both DLC back to back ought to be a good amount of content.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the two new strikes the last two missions of the game? Those were both pretty cool levels in the campaign, especially the ur an environment of the final level. At the very least, it's cool to get those levels into a rotation you can play, rather than them being lost in campaign no one plays anymore.

I'm thinking about getting the season pass and playing through both DLC. Kind of lost my will to get angry at Destiny and video games in general. If I feel like playing something, I'm just going to play it. And I feel like playing Destiny.

Yeah im actually quite happy ill get to play these again at a higher difficulty

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the campaign. I think I enjoyed it more than I did the vanilla and Curse of Osiris campaign. The tone and narrative felt right, but it was too short. I'd have like to see another 3 or 4 missions to flesh out Xol as an antagonist.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
The worst thing about the whole strike-mission fiasco is that they didn't even make some excuses for them to be used again. In CoO they used Infinite Forest as a excuse since everything is simulation so at least it checks out.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Heroic Strikes having a 350 LL requirement but only dropping 340 loot is bullshit.

Aren't the two new strikes the last two missions of the game? Those were both pretty cool levels in the campaign, especially the urban environment of the final level. At the very least, it's cool to get those levels into a rotation you can play, rather than them being lost in campaign no one plays anymore.

The two new strikes are the last two missions of the DLC's campaign, not the main game.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
yo is the fps kinda fucked for anyone else. it just feels like it's 5-10 fps lower than what i feel it should be. or this could be because im playing a lot of overwatch and still acclimating to 30, but i dont think so....

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
They changed the sound effect of Wardcliff Coil for some reason. Same thing with Graviton Lance. Preferred sounds they first used, tbh.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yo is the fps kinda fucked for anyone else. it just feels like it's 5-10 fps lower than what i feel it should be. or this could be because im playing a lot of overwatch and still acclimating to 30, but i dont think so....
Something is definitely broken, because it's not just happening on the new content. It's game-wide.