• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I dunno if this has been brought up in any of the streams or if anybody has a guess at it, but do you suppose it's better to have a bunch of old mods post-Forsaken, or if it's better and/or doesn't matter if I break them all down into mod components? I don't wanna wish I had sharded them all to components after the fact but have them remove the option and just have them shard into glimmer or whatever.
Keep the mods, it'll let you know you can safely dismantle them on the 28th.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a bunch of QP this weekend and man is matchmaking bad right now. Before when it was 4v4 there weren't nearly as many blow outs and I had a much better k/d ratio. Now it seems almost every game is a complete stomp : (

What are the changes coming with Forsaken that are supposed to make it better? I don't mind losing and I'm not one of those people who leaves the match if their team is behind. I just wish that more of the matches were against people closer in skill level. Idk maybe I've just gotten worse at pvp somehow in spite of playing more (especially recently to get the two valor resets for the exotic shell)

The thing is I've really been trying to improve and to just get beaten so badly game after game it's like why am I still doing this

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a bunch of QP this weekend and man is matchmaking bad right now. Before when it was 4v4 there weren't nearly as many blow outs and I had a much better k/d ratio. Now it seems almost every game is a complete stomp : (
Matchmaking was broken a few weeks ago, and I believe it still is. It doesn't try to group anyone by skill or anything like that, so there will be many blowouts.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking is amazing right now. Some matches you get your shit pushed in, some matches you are the shit pusher

Such a difference between QP and IB right now

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking was broken a few weeks ago, and I believe it still is. It doesn't try to group anyone by skill or anything like that, so there will be many blowouts.
Do we have a definitive date for a fix? I don't remember reading anything about it in the last update but I could've skipped over it because I admittedly don't pvp a lot when I have pve stuff to chase. I would like the option to play pvp without it being an exercise in futility tho...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a definitive date for a fix? I don't remember reading anything about it in the last update but I could've skipped over it because I admittedly don't pvp a lot when I have pve stuff to chase. I would like the option to play pvp without it being an exercise in futility tho...
There is no timeline for a fix. From what I read between the lines, they seem to be entertaining the idea that whatever fix they introduce may be based around feedback and data they receive while the bug remains active. Which is to say that it might not revert straight back to "the way things used to be".

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/247350089

With the release of Update 1.2.3, we introduced 6v6 Quickplay with a bug that causes skill-matching and potentially connection-matching to fail in that playlist. This results in much faster – but lower-quality – matches than normal. Our plan for the immediate future is to take no immediate action, monitor the health of the playlist, take notes, and ready a potential fix. We will inform the community with our findings and if we make a change, you will be the first to know (just like this time).

I believe the weekly playlists don't have the same matchmaking bug, so if you want things to be more even then you may have to stick to those.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone wanting to run the Redux missions today or tomorrow? On PS4. I'm close to finishing the Scorched set, then I want to jump into Rekindled and have Resplendent before the event is over on the 28th.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ok, at this point if you have a vigilance wing catalyst or colony catalyst, I know you're cheating.

This thing WON'T....DROP...FOR ME

I think I got both. Zero interest in either.

Dont love VW (odd since I love pulses), and mostly not a fan of the full auto perk in any situation in crucible, I actively prefer my weapons to not have full auto than to have it, in most cases. Only possible exception being fastest ROF scout/pulses.

For the Colony, once I learned it wont increase how many you pick per brick in crucible, also lost all interest in that catalyst.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

• [*]Close-range kills - Melee and shotgun through an entire strike and have 1/20
    [*]Complete a Heroic Strike - Have done five and it's still not counting
The close range kills will proc much more often with a sword, but I personally still wouldn't call it reliable as it still doesn't proc sometimes. But using sword at least you can finish it.

The heroic strike completion wont work if you're running a boon and evidently also a fireteam medallion. (gg bungo). So, dont run those if you want it to count.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I got a 4th clear of EP last night with nothing but randoms but still no weapon drop. I need to find a good group that farms it regularly.

Haha 4. It was my 25th clear before I got my 1st. Admittedly the 2nd dropped the next clear or clear after IIRC. And still dont have the one I really want the shotgun. After getting two in a row, I figured it might be on the order of 100 more clears because now duplicates will be a thing for me. IE, could wait 25 MORE matches to get another weapon....and it'll be one I already have. I could see this happening over and over.

And btw if somebody else told me that my eyes would glaze over and I'd immediately not believe them. Until I experienced it I didn't understand the magnitude of how stupid low Ep drop rates are. Having said that you'll probably get all 3 within 6 clears or something.

Better find a group willing to farm the SHIT out of it...

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty dumb that double kills won't count until a certain step, elemental kills, etc. So we're not supposed to reset our rank until the final step to make sure it counts towards the 5? That's just annoying.

Kevin Yanes already confirmed on Twitter that the game will be tracking your Valor resets as you work through the quest. You do not need to wait until the final step to begin resetting your Valor.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to announce that Fibby has completed the Leviathan raid on PRESTIGE!

Fib, you are a champ. You stepped up big time tonight. We are all so proud of you. Stand tall my friend. You have now proved and displayed what truly makes a guardian, a guardian. You are now among the exalted, highest echelon of heroes of the Light!

Shout outs to my friends: caldante, Angelbabyluv, Dockronyk and UNOSEKOJ. You guys are superstars!

Congratulations and thank you everyone, especially you Fib!

Also, Fib is currently working on epic new story inspired by tonight's raid. In the mean time, if you haven't already, visit my thread on Reddit, where you can learn all about this incredible gentleman and his fantastic adventures.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ale_of_an_81_year_old_guardian_and_his_first/

p2KPTf6.jpg

DaGD99e.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I was thinking it would be cool if Destiny did a guardian sized, well animated boss...I've always thought that.

Doubt it will happen but with Uldrin, the chance seems ripe.

We dont need another barely animated, tower sized boss that just stands there.

Imagine a well animated, human sized, but still of course extremely powerful, boss that roams the arena.

It must be extremely difficult to code and balance, I assume as reason why they haven't really done it yet.

The guy on that strike they removed from rotation comes to mind a little bit...lets hope it's nothing like that. He is still I dunno, seemingly 2X guardian size. And he's an ugly fallen. Make it a pretty enemy. Think, Devil May Cry-ish. Destiny has fantastic style, they could really make it cool.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I would love to go for 400 but missed out on Sagiras shell so chance of that happening

It's useless anyway. almost no fanfare, you get an emblem that probably noone even knows what it means. You cant even get the ship top prize from the related vendor (gotta do 3 armor sets) so it's basically bungo saying screw you, grind even more.

In the interest of combining posts, I meant to reply but cant find the post now, someone was talking about rapid fire shotgunning the pools lamps??

How? Shotguns dont have that kind of range. I tried Acrius which I assume has the most range of any shotgun and it does not reach...

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
It's useless anyway. almost no fanfare, you get an emblem that probably noone even knows what it means. You cant even get the ship top prize from the related vendor (gotta do 3 armor sets) so it's basically bungo saying screw you, grind even more.

In the interest of combining posts, I meant to reply but cant find the post now, someone was talking about rapid fire shotgunning the pools lamps??

How? Shotguns dont have that kind of range. I tried Acrius which I assume has the most range of any shotgun and it does not reach...
Lunafaction empowered rift doubles weapon range.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my 3 Legendary sets tonight and got the ship. That was a big task list! I wasn't expecting to be involved in the event for that long, but after finishing that I definitely feel like I have "celebrated" Year 1. Bring on Year 2!

Now in order to get to 400 Triumph Points I need to clear Spire of Stars.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Finally managed to have time on a weekend to go for whisper. Found a group of 2 others who had never done it and we got it on our 3rd try with 2 seconds to spare. That was intense.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Second spire down, still didn't get toast. But at least I got Popcorn from my contender shell.

Love me some popcorn.

Popcorn >>>> Toast.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Reading some of the new spoilers on reddit today and I wish I hadn't.

The scale/scope of Destiny is about to get crazy. The raid armor has some potential to be incredible.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, stopped to play before Osiris..
What best way to prepare to forsaken? Quests, weapons, activities?
Ty

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Haha 4. It was my 25th clear before I got my 1st. Admittedly the 2nd dropped the next clear or clear after IIRC. And still dont have the one I really want the shotgun. After getting two in a row, I figured it might be on the order of 100 more clears because now duplicates will be a thing for me. IE, could wait 25 MORE matches to get another weapon....and it'll be one I already have. I could see this happening over and over.

And btw if somebody else told me that my eyes would glaze over and I'd immediately not believe them. Until I experienced it I didn't understand the magnitude of how stupid low Ep drop rates are. Having said that you'll probably get all 3 within 6 clears or something.

Better find a group willing to farm the SHIT out of it...

Yeah I've realized since I posted that that it could take many, many runs before something drops which sucks. It's not like it's easy to get a good group together and especially one that knows how to farm it.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey guys, stopped to play before Osiris..
What best way to prepare to forsaken? Quests, weapons, activities?
Ty

I would say goto the statue at the tower and grab the solstice armour and level it up, after going through the grind (it's such a grind) it's probably the quickest way to 400/405 armour, after that weapons should drop higher for you.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
I would say goto the statue at the tower and grab the solstice armour and level it up, after going through the grind (it's such a grind) it's probably the quickest way to 400/405 armour, after that weapons should drop higher for you.

Ty, but I dont want to only grind now.. I want to do some nice activities and get some nice weapons if possible. Before the storm comes haha
I dont care with light level right now as well

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
LOL I just saw the quest for the Broadsword. I guess I'm skipping that one too since I don't feel like playing 20 hours of PVP a week for a stupid gun.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Ty, but I dont want to only grind now.. I want to do some nice activities and get some nice weapons if possible. Before the storm comes haha
I dont care with light level right now as well

I would do the sleeper and Polaris lance quests - they are solo-able (or lfg-able), the good type of grindy, and you will end up with two good guns heading into forsaken. And a lot of the quest steps overlap.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
So I've bought some three of coins, am collecting completed bounties, bought a bunch of fireteam medallions, am collecting tons of planetary materials, spent loads of glimmer on blue—>purple mods, saved a bunch of vavguard and Crucible tokens, got the guns I want locked in with the elements I want...what else am I missing to prep for Forsaken??

(Most important thing to save would be time because Dragon Quest XI comes out on the 4th too! Fantastic but awful at the same time.)

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
I sure this has been answered a couple of times, so I'm sorry I couldn't find it with the search, but here is my question:

I got Destiny 2 with the humblebundle monthly and I'm now level 20 and finished the main campaign. Do I need the season pass for the DLC to reach 30 or how does it work?