• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Popcorn is on a loop. After you toast one time you plop back off and stand there like a dumbass tho.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Who is this monster?

jose.png

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Golden Gun feels like such a useless bullshit Super after you've spent significant time playing with Dawnblade.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ty, but I dont want to only grind now.. I want to do some nice activities and get some nice weapons if possible. Before the storm comes haha
I dont care with light level right now as well

Ah ok.

Gone through the warmind campaign? Well worth a look if you haven't, maybe add some Moments of Triumph bounties from the statue or try and go for some Warmind exotics? Sleeper Stimulant and Polaris Lance are both great exotics to have.

Maybe attempt the Whisper of the Worm challenge for the OP exotic sniper, you can only grab this from Friday-Monday (starting and ending at your local reset time) every week, you will need a fireteam to help.

I ditched the game with Osiris and came back for warmind, although that's was when warmind launched so it has been more than a few weeks for me to get levelled up and grab some stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming Forsaken will launch at reset (1:00 PM EST) on September 4 but has there been anything official said on the matter? Hoping because it's a major expansion it's playable at 12:00 AM on the 4th but not expecting it. In any case I have Labor Day-September 15 free for some Destiny playtime.

I'll probably spend most of my time at The 100 with a group but also actively searching for an Xbox clan with at minimum 20-30 active players (especially after the hype/newness of Forsaken dies down and the exodus begins anew).

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
I'm assuming Forsaken will launch at reset (1:00 PM EST) on September 4 but has there been anything official said on the matter? Hoping because it's a major expansion it's playable at 12:00 AM on the 4th but not expecting it. In any case I have Labor Day-September 15 free for some Destiny playtime.

I'll probably spend most of my time at The 100 with a group but also actively searching for an Xbox clan with at minimum 20-30 active players (especially after the hype/newness of Forsaken dies down and the exodus begins anew).

Both Rise of Iron and Taken King launch at reset so major expansions don't really mean much, though that was the old reset.

Oct 27, 2017
Both Rise of Iron and Taken King launch at reset so major expansions don't really mean much, though that was the old reset.

I remember (due to the technical issues) RoI launching at reset (4:00 or 5:00 AM? EST) but I thought TTK was a midnight or 3:00 AM release (Pacific time dictated some releases then), I could definitely be mistaken on the latter though (it's been a while).

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember (due to the technical issues) RoI launching at reset (4:00 or 5:00 AM? EST) but I thought TTK was a midnight or 3:00 AM release (Pacific time dictated some releases then), I could definitely be mistaken on the latter though (it's been a while).

Pretty sure Taken King was some time around reset time back then, I set an alarm to wake up and play.

That being said the new reset time sucks as a launch timeframe. The day is already half over. I hope the reason they haven't said anything yet is because they're trying to make midnight work. They did it with D2 launch, so why not do it for a big expansion?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I was originally going to take an extra-long weekend (I already have Monday the 3rd off for Labor Day), but if Forsaken isn't going to launch until 1pm EST on Tuesday I might switch my day off to Wednesday.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Taken King was some time around reset time back then, I set an alarm to wake up and play.

That being said the new reset time sucks as a launch timeframe. The day is already half over. I hope the reason they haven't said anything yet is because they're trying to make midnight work. They did it with D2 launch, so why not do it for a big expansion?

With my wishful thinking aside, I'm guessing the backend systems don't allow for anything new to become active at anytime other than the daily reset in an already existent game world (the D2 release was just making the world existent for the first time thus the 12:00 AM release).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes old reset was about 4am EST and I remember setting my alarm for ROI (and the hilarious launch where nobody could play)

Oct 27, 2017
I should have remembered this was said back at the release of CoO...

Curse of Osiris: Reset Changes
With the release of Curse of Osiris, Ritual Resets will no longer take place at 1 AM Pacific. Starting December 5, resets will occur at 1700 UTC.
Throughout Destiny 1's lifespan, players would frequently encounter an issue where weekly resets would not always coincide with content releases. This would prevent impacted players from earning new rewards. Countermeasures were taken by disabling activity playlists, but we were unable to prevent every scenario. Additionally, we're seeking to align the Milestone resets with event availability, such as Trials of the Nine or Iron Banner, to provide a uniform experience for players to follow each week.

...so while there are some changes to Milestones/ Challenges/Rituals, etc with Forsaken I'm guessing the above will still apply to D2's first major expansion.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following the news lately, Thinking of getting Forsaken. Is the seasonal pass worth it or should I just get the Forsaken alone?

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so if it's worth it I can get it later. Much appreciated man :)

Sort of... your only going to know what is in the next expansion that is coming out at any given time.

So you will only know what is in it right before the last expansion of y2 comes out.

Buying each expansion individually costs a lot more if they even sell them that way TBD.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why y'all are arguing over emotes when the Beyonce dance already established itself as the best. I only WISH I HAD IT. I SHOULD HAVE PUT A RING ON IT, BUNGO PLEASE MAKE IT COME BACK.

Anyway, Dawnblade is always a hit or a miss for me in PVP. Sometimes I pop it and clean house. Other times, I'm fluttering around like a clueless butterfly and barely get any kills with it. We just need a super that's on the level of Arcstrider and none of the new Warlock supers look like they'll be that.

Like seriously, what the fuck is that arc lazy beam gonna do in PVP? Get your ass shot out of the sky in a skinny minute is what it will do. The void one better have frequent teleportation otherwise it's just going to be another Stormtrance but you're more likely to die. I only hope the new healing Dawnblade one proves really useful in PVP.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Sort of... your only going to know what is in the next expansion that is coming out at any given time.

So you will only know what is in it right before the last expansion of y2 comes out.

Buying each expansion individually costs a lot more if they even sell them that way TBD.

Aren't seasonal/annual pass sold separately also?
Since we don't know what's in it and there is a chance it will suck that's like 30 dollars down the toilet. But if it's worth it and buying it separately, that's only 5 dollars loss.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not much of a hot take, its pretty much universally agreed that D2 pvp is a dumpster fire

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Sucks even more for Europe since the new reset time here is 6PM GMT/ 7PM CET. Most of the day is over.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking at the upcoming weapon slot changes and OMG I can't wait to have midnight coup, whisper / EP shotty, and Curtain Call equipped at the same time it is going to be glorious!

Excited to try out the bow too I just have a feeling it will be trash / I'll be trash at using it

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty amazing how much they screwed up Trials. It was just fine in D1.

PVP in general has been a mess.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I've been off the Destiny 2 train since about January. I purchased the two expansion packs on Sunday and finished the Osiris campaign. It feels good to be home and I'm eager to catch up.

Edit: Any hot tips I should be aware of?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got my wife into Destiny! :)

Overwatch is the first game she really was into. She probably has about 200 hours in that, but the game's support seems to be lacking compared to what it used to be and the lackluster 3rd summer event shows signs of support worsening. So she needed a new game.

I tried having her play destiny 2 before but she couldn't get a hang of ADS, sprint, and popping in n out of cover. She also hates having to explore or figure out where to go or what to do next.

I convinced her that if I beat the opening missions for her so we could play co-op that she should give it another try. Once I sat down and explained the bajillion systems and currencies, and she learned to track objectives she loved it!

She's not one to play more than 2 hours a day at most, but we beat the main story together in 3 days and she seems excited for the dlc. Funny to me that she thought the taken were the coolest thing ever and was fascinated by them. Although I think D2 does introduce them in a neat way to someone who hasnt seen them before.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
2 seconds is a big deal, I wish Golden was better because I cant play Arc or Night for shit. I only played GG in D1 as well -- it helped that the grenades were actually good... please buff incendiary

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a way to complete the challenges for the Hunter blue cape?

I have no idea what that request means

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to complete the challenges for the Hunter blue cape?

I have no idea what that request means
It's referring to the location challenges, usually three of them per location. Crucible, strikes, or any planet has unique challenges that refresh daily. Go to a planet, bring up your ghost, and you should see the challenges available.

It's usually like get headshots, or super kills, or collect planet materials. Stuff like that.