• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll fancy up the OP when I get a chance. This is mainly to have somewhere to chat about the game without clogging up the main Gacha game thread.

--

What is it?

Destiny Child is a Korean mobile gacha game. It's got a Korean, Japanese and Global server. All of which are in slightly different places content-wise with Global being the newest. It's available on both iOS and Android

What's the appeal?

For a lot the appeal is that the art is done by Kim Hyung tae or that the music is done by ESTi. Beyond that the game has a fair few things going for it. The story is fairly well written for a gacha game, it's fairly amusing and has some nice moments of pathos. In some ways its reminiscent of Persona being about demons born from the soul/emotions and their interaction with the modern world. In terms of gameplay its very much an autobattler with some very nice quality of life auto options. The game is very generous with free pulls and free currency.

Handy Links

Tier list and Wiki - http://gdestiny.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/
Destiny Child Global subreddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyChildGlobal/
Beginner's Guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XR6HP2w2ZTOYcOO7f0i4V9WwMgDk2nR05lRrnpdSKoc/preview#

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the upcoming Season 1 Ragna Break is Water favoured and the team building suggestions in the other thread was:

image0.png

I have a fair few of the units but I'm wondering how useful are uncaps e.g. is a +2 Freesia better than a +0 Miku? In terms of healers I have a 50/+5 Leda but I have enough fodder to get my 4* Erato to 50/+5 as well, or could use my +4 Snow Miku. If cleanse is needed using a hybrid seems better but outside this I can't see myself using either Snow Miku or Erato. I suppose ideally using blue units would be better for leader synergy. Poor old Thanatos even with his global buff doesnt seem to make the cut.

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Uncaps make the decisions more complicated, I can + 6 Erato (the same to Freesia), but I can't see why she is better, we will have to deal with silence? If it's only bleed Snow Miku seems good enough and it is a water unity

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Onyx cost wasnt so high I'd skill-up a few units to mix and match, but once you get to Rank 3+ skills the costs get prohibitive.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Uncaps make the decisions more complicated, I can + 6 Erato (the same to Freesia), but I can't see why she is better, we will have to deal with silence? If it's only bleed Snow Miku seems good enough and it is a water unity

Erato is a Supporter and Snow Miku is a Healer. Healers have 10 seconds cooldown and Supporters only 7. Lower cooldown after slides means you fill your drive gauge faster, which is essential in Raids.

This is also why Leda is one of the best raw healers in the game - she's technically not a Healer.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Erato is a Supporter and Snow Miku is a Healer. Healers have 10 seconds cooldown and Supporters only 7. Lower cooldown after slides means you fill your drive gauge faster, which is essential in Raids.

This is also why Leda is one of the best raw healers in the game - she's technically not a Healer.

Thanks, I wonder if Chang'e as leader can reduce the gap to the point of getting 3 fevers (my chang'e is only +1). On previous Ragna I only managed 3 fevers with Leda on the team instead of Maat , so yeah I can see why is a big deal

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
You want regular Miku as your leader here, I mean read it - it's insane.

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Miku's leader ability (+10% to water allies damage / +20% to water allies damage in Ragna) is nuts. That difference in cooldown is interesting. Vaguely regret blowing all that onyx skilling up Snow Miku now ;)

okita

Oct 25, 2017
This is really powerful , most of damage come from fever so the faster rate which gauge skills increase from chang'e as leader isn't as good as I thought it was in the long run . Myrina being even better as leader is impressive

So another question , 6* star the main attacker have a significant impact on the damage they do ? (don't have any 6 stars yet , but I can promote 2) Was planning make others child 6* but if that's the case I can change plans

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
This is really powerful , most of damage come from fever so the faster rate which gauge skills increase from chang'e as leader isn't as good as I thought it was in the long run . Myrina being even better as leader is impressive

So another question , 6* star the main attacker have a significant impact on the damage they do ? (don't have any 6 stars yet , but I can promote 2) Was planning make others child 6* but if that's the case I can change plans

Water Attacker should have highest priority for 6* right now if you care about Raid damage output, yes. It's basically a huge gain in stats from 5* level 50.

Supporters, Healers and Dana don't nearly benefit as much from stats alone.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Water Attacker should have highest priority for 6* right now if you care about Raid damage output, yes. It's basically a huge gain in stats from 5* level 50.

Supporters, Healers and Dana don't nearly benefit as much from stats alone.

Thanks, so I guess I will 6* Eve, in the long run seems the better investment. The uncaps , skills and promoting of unities need lots of gold and Onyx omg I hope this is worth

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Do we need several teams for the event or are we using one team? I have everyone on that list except for Myrina but not everyone has been leveled up.

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming it works the same as last time then one team is all you need.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Think my team should be good enough for Ragna Break? Here it is.
30wo9pe.jpg

Most of your significant damage to the Raid boss is ideally during Fever Time which is why it is strongly recommended to bring one superbuffed Attacker and no more. A Water one is highly preferable, even Danu.

Maat is going to slow you down compared to Leda or Erato, resulting in likely less Fever Time opportunities. Leda also offers more concentrated healing, while Erato can clear Bleed.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
I remember feeling like Ragna Break Season 0 lasted way too long yet here I am craving something new to do in this game after weeks and weeks of dice boards. Bring on that new Raid.

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could certainly live with no more dice boards for a while. Maybe I missed it on the last one but having the costume hidden behind the Devil Pass paywall feels a little shitty. Emphasis on the little though as its purely cosmetic.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I still need a good healer so I'm excited to finally see Maat km a banner

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a +6 Leda who seems to do the job but I've been wanting Maat purely from a "I want all the top tier" characters perspective and Myrina looks pretty good as well. I've ~48K gems and I'm planning to blow them all. Looking forward to getting only Dana dupes ;)

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
The banner honestly doesn't seem that interesting to me since I'll just use Chang'e in Myrinas spot, have Dana+2, don't really feel like I need more than +0 Pantheon anytime soon and haven't seen PvE content that necessitates Maat.

I would've pulled if Eve was on it but that's not the case so I guess I'm saving.

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, got Maat on my first 10 pull. Might just leave it there (I did not leave it there, ended up doing 60 pulls, got Myrina and a dupe Dana wondering if Pantheon is worth blowing some more on)

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, got Maat on my first 10 pull. Might just leave it there (I did not leave it there, ended up doing 60 pulls, got Myrina and a dupe Dana wondering if Pantheon is worth blowing some more on)
Same here, got Maat on my first pull, and was gonna stop but I have so many crystals I decided to do one more, and got shit lol

okita

Oct 25, 2017

People say Pantheon is a beast on higher uncaps, I didn't use him yet, but with only him left the chances to get burned are higher. 0.75 chance to get him , you will depend hugely on luck here

Edit: Did 10 10x and only got Maat lol , fail :/

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to increase the rate at which the raid spawns. I can't remember the last Ragna event taking this long to have them appear. I can go through 20+ runs of 1-2-1 with not a single appearance.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time takes a long time for it to spawn here, I will try 1-1 and see

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I sure wish I could get an Eve like that..

My team is too potato to do the level 40 raid without a tank, so I guess I have to abandon Freesia...

I tried a few times the lvl 40 from my friend list and she was melting my team too, I will have to make changes to survive, put Dana or Mars in there I guess, drop Freesia ... I'm thinking to do some tests with Leda and Erato to have a fast team and see if I can survive

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Dana works great for me. Been finishing rank 1 on most of the lv 40 I've done. Also helps that I finished leveling Eve to 60 yesterday.

Really enjoying the raid so far. Glad I have an excuse for playing the game once I'm done with the dailies. Seems like getting everything from the shop will be a grind but at least it's a fun one for me.

However what's the point of the item that resets the raid in the shop? Why would I want to reset it? Is there any benefit in doing it?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
First time I'm addicted to a gacha game, but Hyun Tae Kim was my first digital art crush 15 years ago so I had no choice ! Eve, Chang'e and Syrinx 6 stars already, Olga next !

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
With Dana I don't die but only do like 960k damage...not having Eve, uncaps above +1 on Elysion or Chang'e really hurts and there isn't much I can do...

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm running Eve(52)/Chang'e(60)/Miku(50)/Snow Miku+3(50)/Dana+1(60) and hitting ~960K. Might try switching Snow Miku for Leda and then try out Myrnia and Erato when I get them levelled up. That is on Bluestacks though, I find the DPS is higher on my phone which presumably runs it smoother.

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Did some tests (main team pieces being Chang'e +1 , Miku + 1 and Eve +0) , on the last two spots I tried: Leda + 4 and Erato +5 (bothe 5*), I can survive without much trouble , damage is not great but I can pull 3 FTs, Freesia and Leda , nope, get melted by bleeding , guess there is no way to use my Freesia , maybe if I level her a bit more (she is 5* and lvl 41 +5 , but I don't think it will change anything) or use snow miku +1, other possibility is using Metis +0 , instead of Erato and see if I can survive , but she is tricky to use and might slow me down. Using Tanks probably will yield the same results as using Leda and Erato, guess there isn't much I can do.

Edit : Tested Metis + Leda , managed to survive and did ok damage (1030000) , managed to get 3FTs (last one didn't used Metis before FT though to not lose time), but it can get messed up depending what the boss does, but I guess I will roll with this. Thinking a bit more I will try snowmiku + freesia , maybe she can get everyone alive in the end without a tank ...

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
My Leda is only +3 and Erato +4 so I don't think I have any chance unless I 6* Erato (planned) and Miku (really not keen on doing that as she's useless after this).

OP
OP
Uthred

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried swapping out my Snow Miku for Leda and lost about 200K damage. I really dont want to 6* either Miku as they dont seem to have any use after this Ragna Season (well presumably until a blue flavoured one comes back around)

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I just pulled Myrina on one roll. I heard she's a beast on raid.

Wow at the skills list, they weren't kidding about her:

nkvtZ8N.png

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled her too. Her swipe seems really strong. Even her leader skill is good. Now to level her.

Playing the raid really makes me wish they would put speed x3 everywhere.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Myrina's Leader skill and Drive have been nerfed on EN so I've seen the tier list author write in the Discord that she needs more uncaps to be worth replacing Chang'e.

This discourages me even more from pulling the banner...

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Got Myrina from the new banner as well as another Leda who's now+5. At this point I'm not even sure it's worth chasing Syrinx or Maat anymore at that many uncaps

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the uncaps on my Leda I still use Maat for pve because of her raise and Syrinx in pvp for her invincibility buff.