• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yes, it is.

It's not the streamers fault that BioWare's QA department has been asleep for the past five years, BioWare shipped the game with the exploit, it's their fucking fault and they should own up to it and patch the game like Bungie did with the Destiny exploit.

Last edited:

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the zone in zone out glitch in Destiny 1. Correct answer is to do a better job developing your game IMHO, not permabanning players who learn how to farm efficiently and use in game exploits that the developers put in the game.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is

And it should be a discretionary decision anyways. They should have had a discussion about it and made lemonade out of the lemon

Instead they permabanned a player that spend time and money spotlighting their broken ass game.

But keep towing that TOS line by all means

Keep towing the 'it doesnt hurt anyone so its okay" line. I hear that can be used all sorts of legal defenses.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugggggggh so many boyscouts over Videogame
Rules

If only people with such rigid morals would apply them to real world issues or VG compaines doing things that they shouldn't the world would be a better place

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Keep towing the 'it doesnt hurt anyone so its okay" line. I hear that can be used all sorts of legal defenses.

Did you read my post?

The impact should be reasonably looked at on a case by case basis. Thats what discretion means

Make a decision that deals with the issue in a positive direction or go to war with the player base

Im sorry but we already have better examples to point to and they are going the Bethesda route

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if people would defend Anthem frying people's consoles if it was in the TOS.

You still excepted it. If you are worried about that kind of thing then read it first. Dont like what it says then dont agree. Its really that easy. Dont want to chance catching a ban or having your rig fried for cheating then either dont play the game or dont cheat. Really not hard.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is exactly what we all feared when games started going always online (remember Diablo 3?), you're at the whim of asshole developers that can lock you out of their game whenever you want. You accept the tos and you're fucked basically.
So the problem is the devs.
You don't see Bungie doing this. People hit up the loot cave and then threw a new voice over in there as a Easter egg.

If BioWare truly wants to enter this genre they need to calm the fuck down and realize this is the type of stuff people will do. At least they are playing your game.

There was a gun in destiny 2 that was broken, Prometheus Lens. It was a loser gun that melted people in 2 seconds. They couldn't get a fix out right away. So what did they do? They rolled with it and made it available for everyone that weekend.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
You still excepted it. If you are worried about that kind of thing then read it first. Dont like what it says then dont agree. Its really that easy. Dont want to chance catching a ban or having your rig fried for cheating then either dont play the game or dont cheat. Really not hard.
This message was brought to you by corporations for life.

Deleted member 24021

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

It's not cheating if it was shipped with the game. There were no modifications or code injections done to cause that exploit, it's BioWare's fault that the game was shipped with that exploit.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This message was brought to you by corporations for life.

Im not saying its "fair" but the info in there and they arent hiding anything.

Its how a lot of regular people get in trouble. They dont read the fine print. Unfortunatly its on you to take responsiblity to protect yourself, because the company only cares about the company. If you except any more than that, then i dont know what to tell you.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Im not saying its "fair" but the info in there and they arent hiding anything.

Its how a lot of regular people get in trouble. They dont read the fine print. Unfortunatly its on you to take responsiblity to protect yourself, because the company only cares about the company. If you except any more than that, then i dont know what to tell you.
We have all the right to complain about unfair ToS.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Regardless of the EULA, regardless how Bioware feels about exploits in their PvE only game and regardless of what you think of Gladd (I personally don't care) this is just stupid.

You just launched a mess, already have everybody's eyes on you because of the state of your game.
You know these bans will give you bad press and you still go ahead?
Reminds me of Bethesda post F76 launch, what are they thinking?
Nobody at Bioware thought that maybe, even if they wanted to ban people for something like Gladd did, it was not the right time?
Before doing controversial moves like banning people for abusing their system (not cheating) maybe wait until you have a game in a decent state? It's called being smart.

I personally think it's ridiculous to ban somebody in a PvE only game for exploiting something you didn't notice. Just patch it and move on.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not cheating if it was shipped with the game. There was no modifications or code injections done to cause that exploit, it's BioWare's fault that the game was shipped with that exploit.

Yet, its considered an exploit and they tell you not to use exploits. Being in the code or not doesnt matter. You know what it is. Dont justify cheating.

Its like no one has ever heard of "rules as intended" .

Mistakes happen, even in coding a video game, doesnt mean you get to freely use the exploit. "Because its there" is just an excuse to justify your wrong doing. You know it wrong, just dont cheat.

Its like I tell people when playing D&D, yeah you can cheat and tell me you rolled a hit instead of a miss or tell me more damage than you actually rolled, but really you are just hurting yourself by cheating

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's not cheating if it was shipped with the game. There were no modifications or code injections done to cause that exploit, it's BioWare's fault that the game was shipped with that exploit.
But BioWare has to realize this won't be the only exploit, as much more patches and content come out, the chance of more exploits being found will happen. They going to keep banning people? Then your game will fail. It's that simple, they are setting themselves up for failure. This is the ultimate
tAgBSSo.jpg

BioWare needs to get with the times or stick to single player games.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Dude, there is literally no impact. There is no economy, no trading, no pvp. It effects zero other people.

And people can quit comparing Anthem to MMOs, it's barely a looter shooter.

It's like absurd as banning someone for quick scoping, bunny hopping, using negative edge or dolphin diving. If you don't want players to farm the way he does than it's on devs to fix the problem.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fine to argue that it's in the TOS so responsibility should lie with the player.

At the same time, it's just as fair to argue that it's a very poor approach to the genre, and that this is undoubtedly going to lead to more negative PR that EA and BioWare just can not afford for this half-baked POS to have right now. It works both ways, and I can't see any way the devs don't come out of this worse than the streamer in question.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
I wonder if anyone of his defenders will admit he was cheating and they just want him given a pass?
Why should we care that he was cheating in a PvE game?
EDIT: I understand the outrage if there was PvP and he was affecting other players. But there isn't. If anything, he is only ruining the experience for himself but he chooses how he wants to play so I don't understand why that should matter to us.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I understand the outrage if there was PvP and he was affecting other players. But there isn't. If anything, he is only ruining the experience for himself but he chooses how he wants to play so I don't understand why that should matter to us.

But but but the TOS!

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The response with banning him is the entire point.

Plenty of "possible cheaters" do develop video games, which is why we have devs like Bungie and Massive who know how to handle this sort of thing.
Remember when the Prometheus Lens was bugged and was doing way too much damage too quickly. Bungie acknowledged it was a bug and the fix would be out the next Tuesday. In the meantime, they purposefully had Xur sell the gun as basically said "have fun this weekend.".

Also, exploits aren't just shown on streams, they are "promoted" or learned about on message boards, chat rooms and gaming sites. It's 2019, information spreads quickly without a stream, so banning him is stupid. Also, what if someone discovers this by accident and hasn't looked seen it online, and they start taking advantage of it, should they be banned too?

No, this whole saga didn't need to happen. GG Bioware.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Did he group up with other non-cheating players? If so then him having cheated to enxhance himself takes away from the other non-cheating players gameplay experience.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if anyone of his defenders will admit he was cheating and they just want him given a pass?
You really seem to be struggling to grasp the issue.

People are not trying to claim he wasn't doing something unintended. The issue is the devs response.

By focusing on whether or not he was cheating, you've completely missed the entire point of the discussion.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Cheating?!!! Lmao
He was farming.....farming....it's what you do in these games. This is all on BioWare for letting this exploit into the wild. When exploits happen in these type of games this gif represents the communities excitement to exploit and Mattrick is representing BioWare right now.
h53A2BBD5

Deleted member 24021

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yet, its considered an exploit and they tell you not to use exploits. Being in the code or not doesnt matter. You know what it is. Dont justify cheating.

Its like no one has ever heard of "rules as intended" .

Mistakes happen, even in coding a video game, doesnt mean you get to freely use the exploit. "Because its there" is just an excuse to justify your wrong doing. You know it wrong, just dont cheat.

Its like I tell people when playing D&D, yeah you can cheat and tell me you rolled a hit instead of a miss or tell me more damage than you actually rolled, but really you are just hurting yourself by cheating

Adding this to the ToS:

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Is EA admitting that they launch broken shit games filled with exploits, that they try to do everything they can to nickel and dime their customers, and they use that as an excuse to not take responsibility for not having proper quality assurance for their games. Any other developer worth their salt would patch the game and move on, because they would realize it's their fault the exploit is in the game to begin with.

Punishing a player that paid $60 for the game, that actually likes the game and plays it in front of an audience, for exploiting something that is in the game due to the developer's ineptitude is all kinds of wrong.

And yeah, you're right, mistakes do happen. Which is why they should admit fault for the exploit being in the game, and not punish players that abuse the exploit. If there's an exploit in a game, it's not the player's fault, it's on the developer. Exploiting and taking advantage of a video game's flawed mechanics is not the same as cheating. Cheating is when someone modifies the code of a game (adding tons of EXP or rare items), or injects code into the game to modify how it behaves (wall hacks, aimbots). Comparing an exploit in a video game to cheating at a board game is also one of the funniest things I've read all day.

Using an exploit to farm items in a game, AKA: taking advantage of the game's mechanics, is not cheating, period. He's playing the game as it was launched.

They fucked up hard when they're making Destiny look good by comparison.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between playing with someone who got their loot legitimately and those who got theirs slightly faster by exploiting?

To use a D&D reference, whats the difference if I give myself +3 gear while everyone who plays legitimately has +1? We are all going to get to the same place eventually right?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
he was doing the exploit with a group, that's what I'm saying. if he plays with randos, who gives a shit.

He actually was farming it with randoms by getting a mission checkpoint from someone.

The only reason he got banned and not the hundreds of other players doing the same farm (yes, FARM. not a cheat, not an exploit, a farm) is that they were not streaming it for a 1000 viewers.

They previously banned StreamerHouse for disconnecting at a boss, and re-connecting to farm loot very fast. And less than a day later, unbanned them.

Even if Bioware unbans Gladd, the damage has already been done. Like this game needed any more bad press. SMH.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
To use a D&D reference, whats the difference if I give myself +3 gear while everyone who plays legitimately has +1? We are all going to get to the same place eventually right?

He didn't hack in the loot lmao. The actual comparison is if you are playing D&D and there is a chest that keeps respawning for god knows what reason the DM comes up with and you take advantage of that. You got your loot cause the person running the game allowed it. If the DM got mad about that afterwards and banned you from playing that is a good comparison to this situation.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bad analogy because a +3 weapon can completely ruin the balance of encounters. A player that has a +3 weapon can completely trivialize an encounter that's balanced around other players having a +1 weapon.

Or maybe a good analogy because a player with significantly better gear than everyone else in a group can ruin the challenge of an encounter. Not ban-worthy though lol.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Inflammatory posting.
Lmao what!? GG Bioware, But you guys don't know how to make games anymore.

Read through this whole thread and couldn't believe people defending this. I almost spit out my coffee in some of the defending replies... just made me laugh.

I mean are you guys a fan of this game or being paid by Ea? Really pathetic to defend.

So happy I didn't buy this pos game. I hope after Anthem, BioWare is dead and buried.

Deleted member 24021

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User warned: Antagonising other members, accusations of shilling

Read through this whole thread and couldn't believe people defending this. I almost spit out my coffee in some of the defending replies... just made me laugh.

I mean are you guys a fan of this game or being paid by Ea? Really pathetic to defend.

So happy I didn't buy this pos game. I hope after Anthem you guys are dead and buried.

I'm starting to believe the people defending it are BioWare interns or some shit.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

So happy I didn't buy this pos game. I hope after Anthem, BioWare is dead and buried.
Alright, don't be a dick.