• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
How can i mute voice chat?
OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Can i mute voice chat?
Yes, press the PS Button to access the activity cards and you can find a voice chat one. Press square to mute. Only during the match though.

Alternatively make a PS party for yourself as that will always override any public chats.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously love the menu music so much that I just sat through the credits to find out who it is.

It's such a bop.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Huge pro tip for those that don't care for the party audio. You don't have to go to a solo party chat. Open up the ps5 menu and go to the game chat card that is created. You can mute everyone from there by click the 3 dots and choose mute party!

these cards are actually awesome. Post match you can go to the activity card and see all the stats and players.Very very cool. Actually liking this game alot

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
No report button? Ffs ridiculous in this day and age, someone was saying the n word repeatedly (literally that and nothing else on repeat throughout) but can't even report it. Toxic communities can exist regardless of tools but a least reporting gives you a chance to deal with it.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
After 4 straight wins I'm starting to think Ratu might be a tad OP

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
No report button? Ffs ridiculous in this day and age, someone was saying the n word repeatedly (literally that and nothing else on repeat throughout) but can't even report it. Toxic communities can exist regardless of tools but a least reporting gives you a chance to deal with it.

Hit them with a high frequency sound that will burst their eardrums.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Can someone explain how buying the singleplayer content works? I bought Mutual Respect and Leader of the Pack but how do I get One Small Step?
One Small Step isn't gonna release until 2 weeks from now. When the countdown stops I assume that's when we'll be able to get it. It's a shame cause I really like Genesis and I wanna unlock stuff for her now lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Is there no global report system on the PS5?

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Played with a few people. It's a shame you can't do Mayhem in a private match. At least I couldn't spot the option to. Limited to 2 multiplayer modes that are almost identical.

Ratu's vehicle breaker is OP in Carnado. Twice I managed to get 80 points with it. She's going to be my go to character if I stick with the game.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Are they trying to say something about dads with Sgt. Grumbles superpower? Like, we just go around all the time smelling like a stinking yellow cloud of sulfur?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you manage to bank 80 points all at once in Carnado

BruisedZanyCreature-small.gif

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
See my post above about reporting people. You do it through the match activity card.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Huge pro tip for those that don't care for the party audio. You don't have to go to a solo party chat. Open up the ps5 menu and go to the game chat card that is created. You can mute everyone from there by click the 3 dots and choose mute party!

these cards are actually awesome. Post match you can go to the activity card and see all the stats and players.Very very cool. Actually liking this game alot
How do you do the activity card? Nothing appears for me?

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I actually quite enjoyed the game, but I don't see myself playing this for long.

Protip: playing this game with a spotify playlist was much much better. Having no music while in a match sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
This game isn't for me clearly, and that's ok. The graphics are great and the overall presentation is fine, but man was I bored. I'm not really optimistic for this game's future, but I hope you guys appreciate it more than I did.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Was sort of enjoying the elimination game mode... except that every single match ended from some frustrating failure of the parkour system.

This game just doesn't feel fleshed out in key ways. There are nuggets of fun but it's hampered by game design that rarely comes together to form something cohesive, and ye old lag.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
My activity card was still there post match and it showed the stats. I thought it saved voice recordings too? That's why they made the party chat the way it is now
Definitely didn't pick it up, and does usually pick up voice chat when I'm in a party. Very annoying but with the way that person was imagine they won't last long

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Sometimes I forget the controller has a mic. All the hot mic conversations in this game...
It's fun as hell imo. Just an extra layer of chaos. Reminds me of the insane early Xbox Live days with just immediate trash talk and stupidity coming at me, straight out of my controller lmao

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
tutorial was buggy for me, don't want to pass judgement too early, but also micro stutters. car stuff is never really my thing but likely ill play 2-3 matches and probably call it a day.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I like the ideas within the game, but I don't think it's strong enough on foot or in a. It seems like they might have just spread a bit too thin in creating both systems where neither is really all that engaging.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Is the music Being non existent in-game a bug or something. It's so weird. Having fun otherwise

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't desperately need reiterating but having the default be 'all chat comes out of the controller all of the time' is such a bad decision.

We're no strangers to disgusting game chat at this point I'd like to imagine but, also, the people screaming racist slurs don't normally blast out of my controller speaker - they're normally at least restricted to my headphones/headset so the rest of my house doesn't have to hear them as I scrabble around to mute them/mute the chat.

It's a real fun game and I'm sure it'll be fun with younger kids like Rocket League. But I don't think they'll want 'DIE YOU FUCKING BITCH!' or some horrible homophobia screaming out of their controller speaker in their living room if they've forgotten to mute the chat that round. I'm presuming there must be parental controls that get around this being a thing for younger players. But even as a mid-30s adult it's pretty embarrassing.

Last edited:

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Is there seriously no way to mute the audio from other players in this game...? I can't find where to do it and people keep blowing up my headphones with all sorts of obnoxious shit.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I played the tutorial and the first single player... map? Challenge?

Yeah, there's a lot to like about it, I imagine with some practice it will be a crazy time but, my god, it really made me wish for a new Destruction Derby above all else.

I love the haptic feedback though, when your car is a bit wrecked and you get the "bounce" of the mental in the control, that was cool.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there seriously no way to mute the audio from other players in this game...? I can't find where to do it and people keep blowing up my headphones with all sorts of obnoxious shit.

Right in the thread title.

Or here:

Can i mute voice chat?
Yes, press the PS Button to access the activity cards and you can find a voice chat one. Press square to mute. Only during the match though.

Alternatively make a PS party for yourself as that will always override any public chats.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
So has anyone got a grasp of what I should be doing, button-wise and how, regarding takeovers and wreckovers? I get shook off every time. It's not just button mashing I gather?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone got a grasp of what I should be doing, button-wise and how, regarding takeovers and wreckovers? I get shook off every time. It's not just button mashing I gather?

No, you have to hit the right button when it shows up. It'll either be square or circle. Just watch for the prompt and hit it straight away. Don't mash!

If someone's doing it to you you have to waggle the left stick to knock them off before they can finish their QTE button presses.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I feel this game is way harder than it should be, and in an unintentional way lmao, most of my teammates AND enemies don't know what to do most of the time.