• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This looks more like a commercial than a trailer, especially considering the length.

Either way, I'm liking the new footage.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The more I see of this movie, the more I realise I really want to see it. Even if the plot doesn't turn out that great, the dedication to the world building is way bigger than I even expected to be.

If you pause any scene in the city, you can see so many Pokemon. Not just tailored to Gen 1 too, there's birds from every Gen flying around, mice, everything! The sheer dedication to the references and easter eggs is what's pushing me to see it more.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they let the PokƩmon say their names. I personally don't think they will since we would've heard it by now, but who knows.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon IS set on Earth. A lot of locations are just renamed really. Black/White was in New York, X/Y was in France and Red/Blue, Gold/Silver were in Japan. Of course I don't need to say where Sun/Moon was set.
But those aren't the same places. Unova is based on NYC/the US, kalos is based on France. They aren't literally the same.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pretty surprised if they don't have some sort of Switch game to launch around the time this releases. Even just a port of Detective Pikachu.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I think this movie might make a few dollars. Is pokemon popular with the youth?

My six year old bonded with other kids in Jui-Jitsu class over Pokemon. They all were playing and pretending to be the different Pokemon before class started. I was surprised at the reach Pokemon still has over young children.

Aaron

Iā€™m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The more I see of this movie, the more I realise I really want to see it. Even if the plot doesn't turn out that great, the dedication to the world building is way bigger than I even expected to be.

If you pause any scene in the city, you can see so many Pokemon. Not just tailored to Gen 1 too, there's birds from every Gen flying around, mice, everything! The sheer dedication to the references and easter eggs is what's pushing me to see it more.
This is what I like about this movie compared to other adaptations, it fully embraces that it's a Pokemon movie.

Like, that has no bearing on whether it'll actually be good or not, but at least it's not like the Dragon Ball movie where I can just picture some suit being like "Hmm, you know, would this be more relatable if Goku was a nerd in high school?"

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
But those aren't the same places. Unova is based on NYC/the US, kalos is based on France. They aren't literally the same.
Some of them are the same, the first game references the Amazon for example. Some twisting has occurred, but with a little disbelief you can still see that it's Earth, or at least some approximation of it.

CatSoul

Nov 7, 2018
I always say I have to see movies and then I don't, but I seriously have to see this one.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what I like about this movie compared to other adaptations, it fully embraces that it's a Pokemon movie.

Like, that has no bearing on whether it'll actually be good or not, but at least it's not like the Dragon Ball movie where I can just picture some suit being like "Hmm, you know, would this be more relatable if Goku was a nerd in high school?"

That Dragon Ball movie was aggressively offensively bad and I'm not even a fan of the anime or the manga.