• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Detective Pikachu will not gross more than 1B worldwide. Who will make an avatar bet about that?

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
No one said dollars, coold be yen or Rubles or Pesos

For people, the avatar is waiting for you. If you think there's STILL a chance that the movie breaks 1 Billion WW at the Box Office, you'll need to show the math at how you're arriving at that conclusion. It had a 58M opening weekend.

This is the WW total for the opening weekend, and every weekend the amount a movie makes goes down a large amount.

Otherwise, say hello to your new avatar until Wednesday, June 12th. Please reply in this thread when you have put the avatar on so we can see the glorious avatar for ourselves.

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I underestimated that electric rat he solo’d 3 Psuedo legendaries. Granted that was in a different form of media but The Pokémon company hasn’t been booking Pikachu strong for 20 plus years to have him fail at the box office.

With that said...

I don’t care what media IP is the biggest in the world. That doesn’t have a bearing on anything and even if/though (I don’t care) Marvel is bigger it doesn’t change what the Pokémon franchise is.

This board has a big problem of I like X so it’ll cut into Detective Pikachu legs even though product X has a completely different audience then Detective Pikachu. BECAUSE ALL THE KIDS ARE TOTALLY LINING UP TO SEE JOHN WICK 3. Like Godzilla won’t terrify or even bore a younger audience.

I will stand firm in my belief that Detective Pikachu will reach a billion on legs and good word of mouth.
The captain must go down with his ship.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

For people, the avatar is waiting for you. If you think there's STILL a chance that the movie breaks 1 Billion WW at the Box Office, you'll need to show the math at how you're arriving at that conclusion. It had a 58M opening weekend.

This is the WW total for the opening weekend, and every weekend the amount a movie makes goes down a large amount.

Otherwise, say hello to your new avatar until Wednesday, June 12th. Please reply in this thread when you have put the avatar on so we can see the glorious avatar for ourselves.

Come relish in your sweet victory, AGAINST people.

Oct 28, 2017
It was more expensive and is looking to make the same or less its opening weekend.
I know the first part but it’s Godzilla and my man Michael Dougherty is behind the camera this time around. I can it feel it in my bones that this is going to be the Godzilla movie that hits it out of the park, box office and reception wise.

Oct 25, 2017
Unova

Changed it. Thank you to whoever created the avatar for making it easy for phone only users to change.

I do have a serious question though.

What’s the break even and profit point for Detective Pikachu? Does anyone know?

Edit: I’m still in the Billion for train. May as well give some of you some amusement while I stand firm.