Detective Pikachu will not gross more than 1B worldwide. Who will make an avatar bet about that?

Fuchs

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if it hits 1B as long as it box office sales and legs justify more live-action movies.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone please @ and shame these members who are too chicken to pay up and change their avatars after making the bet now that they lost.
Dood I don't visit this website everyday and there was no notification for the avatar thing. You could ping people without being an asshole about it.

Fuchs

Oct 25, 2017
Yea always weirds me out, could never get into it.
You know what, the visuals are the least of this movie's problems, and honestly they are pretty darn good.
Perfectly strike the balance between the original art and how they'd look like in real life.
Also, there's no way you can make Mr. Mime not look creepy.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
i expected DP to be a huge hit andf be the one to stop endgame from dethroning avatar byt eating it's legs, but the movie seems to have came and went

it didn't maintain interest after the dope first trailer, all other previews didn't hit the spot after

feyder

Oct 25, 2017
i expected DP to be a huge hit andf be the one to stop endgame from dethroning avatar byt eating it's legs, but the movie seems to have came and went

it didn't maintain interest after the dope first trailer, all other previews didn't hit the spot after
Tbh I was thinking about it a few days ago, and I think it's clear now that the interest and hype was only to see the Pokemon in their "realistic" forms, and the first trailer pretty much satisfied that curiosity for many people. It wasn't the movie itself people cared for.

KillstealWolf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So there was a second avatar option for people to use if they so desire now,

SweetNicole is it fair to say that that those who take the avatar bet now have the choice between the Greymon and Betsumon avatars, but those that want to "See how it plays out" past the 1st of June have to take the Betsumon Avatar afterwards? I feel they must be pretty committed in thinking Detective Pikachu would make it if they are waiting till the end of the month on it...

Phantom Thief

Oct 25, 2017

Tbh I was thinking about it a few days ago, and I think it's clear now that the interest and hype was only to see the Pokemon in their "realistic" forms, and the first trailer pretty much satisfied that curiosity for many people. It wasn't the movie itself people cared for.
It’s topped the global box office two weeks in a row. I’m pretty sure it’s doing just fine lol. The insane success Marvel sees has made a lot of people lose perspective.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
In the end the movie is doing decent and might eke out a profit in the end. It just isn't doing gangbusters.
We will never know WB's internal expectations for it, but potentially barely scraping a profit out of it was probably not what they wanted.
I doubt “struggling to top Warcraft” is what they were thinking when they supposedly preemptively green lit a sequel, no.