• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
Why the fuck are you people so desperate?

Read the fucking bet and stop fucking messaging me until the fucking terms have been fucking met.

lol god damn dude. Hey, you do you. 😉

That Endgame would beat Avatar.

The salt here is nothing compared to that thread.

Surprisingly, despite how unnervingly close it's been, virtually everyone there seems to have graciously accepted the (probable) results. Granted, the sore loser talk is rather funny so I guess it sticks out more.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if The Adder realizes he is rocking the boat here. There are far worse potential fates than the Greymon avatar. Nicole's wrath could be coming.

gsab1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If, by the end of its box office run, Detective Pikachu has grossed less than 1B worldwide, those who bet AGAINST 1B WW get to chose the collective avatar of the other side.
It's just a Avatar bet people don't need to take it that seriously.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You can fucking either pick the fucking Digimon avatar or I pick your fucking avatar right fucking now

fucking

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Pick me out a new avatar you coward.

1124.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Why did you even take this bet if all your gonna do is be combative about it?
Because I took a bet on particular terms and I didn't expect for a bunch of folks to decide to get all up in my god damn inbox before those terms were met just because other folks decided to choose to cut early.

That's their choice. It is not my choice. And the terms of the bet have not been met.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I took a bet on particular terms and I didn't expect for a bunch of folks to decide to get all up in my god damn inbox before those terms were met just because other folks decided to choose to cut early.

That's their choice. It is not my choice. And the terms of the bet have not been met.
Serious question, how the fuck do you see Pikachu getting to a billion dollars? In what way is it possible?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, how the fuck do you see Pikachu getting to a billion dollars? In what way is it possible?
It doesn't matter if it is possible, I didn't think it was likely in the first place, I did this shit for fun based on the terms of the bet and I intend to honor the bet by its terms, not by y'all trying to harass me into doing it early for some reason I don't even god damn understand.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It doesn't matter if it is possible, I didn't think it was likely in the first place, I did this shit for fun based on the terms of the bet and I intend to honor the bet by its terms, not by y'all trying to harass me into doing it early for some reason I don't even god damn understand.

Because it is mathematically impossible for it to happen now
Because 99% of the other people who lost the bet have done it
Because I told you to so do it

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because everyone knows that it's impossible for it to get to a billion. The fact that you know this yet for some reason refuse to just get it over with and put on the fucking avatar is the reason people are getting on you. Your being stubborn for literally no reason.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Because everyone knows that it's impossible for it to get to a billion. The fact that you know this yet for some reason refuse to just get it over with and put on the fucking avatar is the reason people are getting on you. Your being stubborn for literally no reason.
Because people can't whine about people not honoring the terms of a bet when the terms of the bet have not been met. I do not break bets, and that means I do not back out of them early either.

The movie is going to be in $1 theaters until Fall...TheAdder will never take the avatar.
Cheap theaters don't honor the spirit of a 'theatrical run'. They exist specifically because a film has exhausted its theatrical run and therefore can be shown with the studio taking a smaller cut.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I dunno man it ain't even my bet but it sure sounds like you're just trying to get out of it, in which case just don't take the avatar lol

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahem. As a member of the winning side, dear SweetNicole, I nominate this below as the avatar of choice when Pikachu leaves its final theater:

Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Image.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Finally watched this tonight with my daughter. When Pikachu was singing the theme song, it blew my mind. For 20 years, I always thought the line was "It's Pokemon! To understand...the power that's inside!" even though I always knew it didn't make much sense. But no...the line is "Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside!" Why did I never look up the lyrics for that all these years?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's time to motherfucking warp fucking digivolve y'all

Fuck yesh

Champions of the fucking Digital World bitches!!!!

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. Adder already proved there's no reason to believe they'll accept the bet as is. The barest of technicalities will be the excuse to keep it going, forever and ever
How you can impugn someone's integrity over an avatar bet when the terms of the bet haven't been met, I do not know. I was going to respond angrily to this because I take it personally when people say shit about my integrity. It hurts. But I'm just done. Think what you want about me, I know who I fucking am.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
Actually, there might be something strangely admirable about sporting a Greymon avatar all alone in the middle of September, just like you have to begrudgingly respect those Japanese holdouts who subsisted in caves and huts decades after the war ended, typically yielding only after their COs came to officially relieve them of duty.

japanese-holdouts-shoichi-yokoi.jpg

japanese-holdouts-hiroo-onoda.jpg

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Option B for the avatar:

Mod Edit: Removed Inappropriate Image.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Because people can't whine about people not honoring the terms of a bet when the terms of the bet have not been met. I do not break bets, and that means I do not back out of them early either.

Cheap theaters don't honor the spirit of a 'theatrical run'. They exist specifically because a film has exhausted its theatrical run and therefore can be shown with the studio taking a smaller cut.
If I intended to get out of it I'd just ignore the damn topic, which would solve the problem of the crawling into my inbox.
How you can impugn someone's integrity over an avatar bet when the terms of the bet haven't been met, I do not know. I was going to respond angrily to this because I take it personally when people say shit about my integrity. It hurts. But I'm just done. Think what you want about me, I know who I fucking am.
Case-of-the-Mondays-2.jpg

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
The Adder

You're free to ride out til the end, but there's no cute digimon avatars for people who ride it all the way out. In fact, I am sensing a mighty great need to make avatars great again.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
And yes, if we want to get technical, the spirit of the rules states that is the collective avatar for the losing side. However, by taking the L early, those who opted for that early L took that collective avatar. It was not the collective avatar for those who ride out the bet til the end since clearly the box office run hasn't ended yet, as has been frequently repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.