• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not disappointed with Pikachu or mad at Disney, I'm sad at myself for going overboard with the Pokémon hype. At least Godzilla will make up for the shortcomings of Pikachu.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
No one said dollars, coold be yen or Rubles or Pesos

FzGOlNW.png

For people, the avatar is waiting for you. If you think there's STILL a chance that the movie breaks 1 Billion WW at the Box Office, you'll need to show the math at how you're arriving at that conclusion. It had a 58M opening weekend.

This is the WW total for the opening weekend, and every weekend the amount a movie makes goes down a large amount.

Otherwise, say hello to your new avatar until Wednesday, June 12th. Please reply in this thread when you have put the avatar on so we can see the glorious avatar for ourselves.

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I underestimated that electric rat he solo'd 3 Psuedo legendaries. Granted that was in a different form of media but The Pokémon company hasn't been booking Pikachu strong for 20 plus years to have him fail at the box office.

With that said...

I don't care what media IP is the biggest in the world. That doesn't have a bearing on anything and even if/though (I don't care) Marvel is bigger it doesn't change what the Pokémon franchise is.

This board has a big problem of I like X so it'll cut into Detective Pikachu legs even though product X has a completely different audience then Detective Pikachu. BECAUSE ALL THE KIDS ARE TOTALLY LINING UP TO SEE JOHN WICK 3. Like Godzilla won't terrify or even bore a younger audience.

I will stand firm in my belief that Detective Pikachu will reach a billion on legs and good word of mouth.
The captain must go down with his ship.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
FzGOlNW.png

For people, the avatar is waiting for you. If you think there's STILL a chance that the movie breaks 1 Billion WW at the Box Office, you'll need to show the math at how you're arriving at that conclusion. It had a 58M opening weekend.

This is the WW total for the opening weekend, and every weekend the amount a movie makes goes down a large amount.

Otherwise, say hello to your new avatar until Wednesday, June 12th. Please reply in this thread when you have put the avatar on so we can see the glorious avatar for ourselves.

Come relish in your sweet victory, AGAINST people.
giphy.gif

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Just read though this thread and now it's amazing. Some nice new avs coming down the turnpike.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
detective pikachu will bring in more money than avatar before it's out of theatres

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed pretty obvious, but I did enjoy the movie when I saw it over the weekend

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FzGOlNW.png

FzGOlNW.png

Changed it. Thank you to whoever created the avatar for making it easy for phone only users to change.

I do have a serious question though.

What's the break even and profit point for Detective Pikachu? Does anyone know?

Edit: I'm still in the Billion for train. May as well give some of you some amusement while I stand firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.