• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ain't no sore winners in here. Just people that can do some basic math.

This is basically everyone not accepting the truth:
tumblr_my6q41tuOe1ss9fgwo4_250.gif

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if it hits 1B as long as it box office sales and legs justify more live-action movies.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone please @ and shame these members who are too chicken to pay up and change their avatars after making the bet now that they lost.

Dood I don't visit this website everyday and there was no notification for the avatar thing. You could ping people without being an asshole about it.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea always weirds me out, could never get into it.

You know what, the visuals are the least of this movie's problems, and honestly they are pretty darn good.
Perfectly strike the balance between the original art and how they'd look like in real life.
Also, there's no way you can make Mr. Mime not look creepy.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
i expected DP to be a huge hit andf be the one to stop endgame from dethroning avatar byt eating it's legs, but the movie seems to have came and went

it didn't maintain interest after the dope first trailer, all other previews didn't hit the spot after

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i expected DP to be a huge hit andf be the one to stop endgame from dethroning avatar byt eating it's legs, but the movie seems to have came and went

it didn't maintain interest after the dope first trailer, all other previews didn't hit the spot after
Tbh I was thinking about it a few days ago, and I think it's clear now that the interest and hype was only to see the Pokemon in their "realistic" forms, and the first trailer pretty much satisfied that curiosity for many people. It wasn't the movie itself people cared for.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So there was a second avatar option for people to use if they so desire now,

31doe1.jpg

SweetNicole is it fair to say that that those who take the avatar bet now have the choice between the Greymon and Betsumon avatars, but those that want to "See how it plays out" past the 1st of June have to take the Betsumon Avatar afterwards? I feel they must be pretty committed in thinking Detective Pikachu would make it if they are waiting till the end of the month on it...

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tbh I was thinking about it a few days ago, and I think it's clear now that the interest and hype was only to see the Pokemon in their "realistic" forms, and the first trailer pretty much satisfied that curiosity for many people. It wasn't the movie itself people cared for.
It's topped the global box office two weeks in a row. I'm pretty sure it's doing just fine lol. The insane success Marvel sees has made a lot of people lose perspective.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
In the end the movie is doing decent and might eke out a profit in the end. It just isn't doing gangbusters.
We will never know WB's internal expectations for it, but potentially barely scraping a profit out of it was probably not what they wanted.
I doubt "struggling to top Warcraft" is what they were thinking when they supposedly preemptively green lit a sequel, no.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
So there was a second avatar option for people to use if they so desire now,

31doe1.jpg

SweetNicole is it fair to say that that those who take the avatar bet now have the choice between the Greymon and Betsumon avatars, but those that want to "See how it plays out" past the 1st of June have to take the Betsumon Avatar afterwards? I feel they must be pretty committed in thinking Detective Pikachu would make it if they are waiting till the end of the month on it...

I will say for the sites next avatar bet, in terms of practicality it would be good to give all the losers seperate avatars with a theme. Cus as it is I have people thinking other posters are me and getting confused.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
It's tough to say. The games still sell well, Pokemon Go was a huge hit showing there is a 90s nostalgia for it and it does look funny. I just don't know if that will translate to butts in seats for $1 bill. I'm gonna vote under but only barely, probably leaves around $700-800 mill WW
Dang well my prediction is half right so far, currently at $356.9 million WW. Don't think it'll get quite close to $700 though. Probably $400 $450 by the time it's out of theaters worldwide.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will say for the sites next avatar bet, in terms of practicality it would be good to give all the losers seperate avatars with a theme. Cus as it is I have people thinking other posters are me and getting confused.

Forward this to PhoncibleBone for his Avatar VS Endgame thread then, since the outcome of that is going to be 3 months long, compared to this one which we are halfway through.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Even if you added the first Avengers entire domestic gross right now to DP it still wouldn't be at 1 billion WW

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
You are, flat out, just being kind of an asshole over some dumb fun. You realize that, yeah?
I definitely don't get where people think antagonizing others is all in good fun.

It's one think to poke fun when someone is on the same level, but we got people responding to every post that they think they could get a rise out of people by being a prick and think this gives them a license to troll because they "aren't serious".

These avatar bet threads are creating a real toxic atmosphere around here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As we are about to enter June and most of us are Halfway through, we still have a few "For" that haven't change their avatar.

Those are:

AllThingsPurple
LordofPwn
Ex-Actarus
The Adder
jman0625
Valiant
Keio
BGBW
Kegels
sdp
anurian
speedybluedude
darkmagician
pandashake

Now, Kegels has a Daenyris Avatar, which makes me think that relates to a Game of Thrones avatar bet, and BGBW has said they thought it was Yen.

What about the rest of you though? You still think it will make it? Should they now have to use this Avatar that Icemonk and Gridlock have been gladfully demonstrating?

31doe1.jpg

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What day can I change my avatar to something else? Is it a specific time of the time also? First time doing a avatar bet so I want to make sure I honor my end of it.

I change my avatar the first day it was available for me to change it. One of the first ones along with some of you.

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
What day can I change my avatar to something else? Is it a specific time of the time also? First time doing a avatar bet so I want to make sure I honor my end of it.

I change my avatar the first day it was available for me to change it. One of the first ones along with some of you.
One month after you put it in on and post about doing so.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Should be Wednesday the 12th if you did in the first day (go back to Page 14 to see the post announcing your avatar change)

Here are the posts of everyone who posted FOR and haven't changed their Avatar's yet, that should alert them into this thread and tell them to either change their avatar, or give them the chance to explain why they haven't changed their avatar yet.

I'm team 1 billion. Kids will watch the same damn movie over and over again.

FOR.
this is tough. if it doesn't hit $800M it'll be seen as a fail. $1B if Endgame wasn't already emptying people wallets would probably be fine. Pokemon is a huge IP and has a big star attached to it and the trailers have looked good. should kill in international. I think it's getting a release in China iirc, think Zhuge was talking about it...

This is tough but what the hell why not. Put me down for $1B

it'll probably hit around $900M
I think the movie will easily make 1 billion.
I don't think it'll make it.

But I think it has a shot. And I choose hope.

FOR
FOR!!!!!!!

The Summer Movie right here.

giphy.gif
I want to believe. OVER 1 billion. So FOR.
I can easily see it besting one billion yen, so I'm FOR.
its the biggest IP in the world.

I bet for it.
The rational side of me says 650m. But I think it might have crazy legs if it's good, so let's do this.

1B
It'll make over 1 billion. Easily.

FOR.
FOR

It's riskier bet, but let's do it pika

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Should be Wednesday the 12th if you did in the first day (go back to Page 14 to see the post announcing your avatar change)

Here are the posts of everyone who posted FOR and haven't changed their Avatar's yet, that should alert them into this thread and tell them to either change their avatar, or give them the chance to explain why they haven't changed their avatar yet.

I was horribly wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.