• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
some better, some worse. the faces are far worse, i don't know how you can fuck that up.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Some pretty noticeable downgrades there, while other shots look the same.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Most changes seem to be for the better and/or artistic choices.
In some scenes, it also appears to be a bit blurry but that might just be down to video quality.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The detail is slightly less and the models more waxy, it's still fairly impressive in scale and scope for base PS4

More fundamentally - it's a Cage project and over the years, I've had a love / hate relationship with his games.

I appreciate the atmosphere but I need more these days

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most changes seem to be for the better and/or artistic choices.
In some scenes, it also appears to be a bit blurry but that might just be down to video quality.
You're absolutely right, on rewatching it, there doesn't seem to be any difference. Probably just some minor time of day things or video compression.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Aside from a drop in face texture quality and some weird blown out lighting on the rooftop scene it still looks pretty comparable.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh still looks good to me. I stopped thinking everything we see in videos years before release will be how the game actually comes out. Saves from getting pissy about it later on. Can't wait for 5/25.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stop posting this guys stuff. The amount of compression in his comparisons makes them completely illogical.

Here are direct feed screens from the game posted a few days ago.

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0009.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0012.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0010.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0016.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0013.jpg

Here are Direct Feed shots compared to this guys GOW downgrade video from just a few weeks ago.

WtVVV8.jpg

tYReHM.jpg

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Refer to this.

Direct feed released two days ago:

E3 2016:

image_detroit_become_human-35798-3428_0013.jpg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-god-of-war-get-downgraded.18442/page-4

Thread based on the same channel got closed last time. This is what the mods had to say

"Some games do get downgraded. When you have actual evidence of that, you can make a thread about it, but for this game the evidence is spurious so far. Heavily compressed screenshots being compared to direct feed images spins a false narrative and is heavily misleading. We can and ought to do better."

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Stop posting this guys stuff. The amount of compression in his comparisons makes them completely illogical.

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0009.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0012.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0016.jpg

image_detroit_become_human-37753-3428_0013.jpg

Here are Direct Feed shots compared to this guys GOW downgrade video from just a few weeks ago.

WtVVV8.jpg

tYReHM.jpg
Thanks for the heads up!

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
The lighting and textures are different, but it really does look like the 2018 comparison is from a more compressed or lower res video source. Especially in the wide shots it looks like the overall resolution is lower. Which I guess would also a downgrade, but this is hardly definitive.

Edit: that's what I get for finishing a post ten minutes later.

Seriously, though, hate youtube.

Oct 27, 2017
These comparison videos (meaning this guy's) should be banned on here, I mean come on. He clearly uses compressed to all hell youtube on 'auto' with a shit connection so it is only getting 360-480p, and not direct feed.

This same crap happened last time with GoW.

All they serve is 'confirmation bias' to pile on, with such fallacy of comparisons. Disingenuous. It really is Gamefaq's level of content.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Watching the the trailer, it is heavily compressed. I wouldn't draw any conclusions until there is decent quality footage.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
These comparison videos (meaning this guy's) should be banned on here, I mean come on. He clearly uses compressed to all hell youtube on 'auto' with a shit connection so it is only getting 360-480p, and not direct feed.

This same crap happened last time with GoW.

All they serve is 'confirmation bias' to pile on, with such fallacy of comparisons. Disingenuous. It really is Gamefaq's level of content.

Agreed this chanel should be banned.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017

Exactly. FAKE NEWS all over again...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
These are uncompressed 4K screenshots. Not sure if that really qualifies as "live feed", but regardless, they aren't really representative of a game running on a PS4. Let's keep that in mind.

That said, this channel has a history, it seems:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/did-god-of-war-get-downgraded.18442/page-4

Thread by the same channel got closed last time. This is what the mods had to say

"Some games do get downgraded. When you have actual evidence of that, you can make a thread about it, but for this game the evidence is spurious so far. Heavily compressed screenshots being compared to direct feed images spins a false narrative and is heavily misleading. We can and ought to do better."
Hah, I knew this post sounded familiar...

Time to lock this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.