• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The real question is what percentage of those lines aren't god awful? I'd be shocked if it was above 10% going off of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How many ghosts, spirits, or other supernatural phenomenons though? I will be very impressed if there are no supernatural elements in this game and it is actually all technology. Maybe it'll be aliens this time around.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with Detroit, a solid release date should be public about now if they're targeting Q2? And there's no major industry event coming up to make an announcement other than E3, but that's Q3... I'm already anticipating "Unfortunately, whe had to make the difficult decision to delay the game for x or y reason"

Quantic Dream wrote on Twitter quite recently that they are still commited to a Spring 2018 release.

JoduanER2

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Roughly, but only 50 individual models, the rest is done by different clothes colors. ;)

Seriously, I kept getting confused because a face I knew was presented to me as someone completely other than the last instance.

They should have added 50 more, it makes the game much more inmersive and the work required is nothing compare to what you win

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
513 characters, does that include the NPC's because I find that number to be a bit ridiculous.
Also still waiting for that release date as well.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As much I like to shit on the writing, Quantum Dream's art department and modeling team are extremely talented, so it's good to see them continuing to push their boundaries

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't tell me much beyond a lot of work has gone into this project I suppose. Really would like to see a release date

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, there's an easy joke to be made about their QD's games being by the numbers but I feel like it'd piss some people here off.
So I'm just taking the coward's way out by saying there's an easy joke here without actually making the joke.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I've loved everything Quantic Dream so far and I've been in for this since day one. Those numbers tell me a lot of work and love has gone into it. Need a release date before I get overly excited for it though. Has to be end of 2018 surely.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder it's taking them 5 years to release the game. They could have released a game and done a large portion of another if they actually went with a reasonable scope instead of trying to outdo themselves like this.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Already turned into a guess what I hate David Cage topic.

Can't wait personally.
Got my bingo card right here.

As much as I enjoyed some of my first playthrough of Heavy Rain, there hasn't been a single other game he's made that's clicked with me any more than "Oh this is really fun to watch other people suffer through." Planning to do the same with this one.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
TWO THOUSANDS PAGES OH MY wait...

Fahrenheit
The final script is about 2000 pages and integrates absolutely everything; story, characters, gameplay, structure, branching dialogs, horrible sketches, maps and storyboards (I am terrible at drawing),

Heavy Rain
Heavy Rain writer David Cage has told the EU PS Blog in Cologne last week that the game's script is over 2,000 pages long in length.

Beyond: Two Souls
Beyond: Two Souls' Script Is Over 2,000 Pages Long

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Roughly twice as many as the number of near rape scenes.
Haven't played Omikron, but last time I checked neither Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain had any. Beyond does have an optional one, but I thought it was rather well done how the game highlights the trauma sticking with her and giving her intimacy issues years later as an adult (while letting her be more comfortable with relationships if you avoided the assault.)

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sure sounds like a lot but
A) without similar numbers from other games, it doesn't really tell us anything
B) it doesn't tell us anything about the actual game.

Sure, a lot of work went into this game, but you could say the same about say Transformers 5: The Last Knight.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Edited the harassment coment. Just saw the mod warning up there.

But you can't post about any game from this company expecting no such coments.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty impressive to have over 500 unique character models in the game (im assuming that's what it means)

Not really sure about the other stuff. Give me a release date number tho. That's a good number to have.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The game looks amazing, I prefer not to let a few headlines that fit perfectly within today's greatest controvery deter me from experiencing what looks to be one of the PS4's most defining experiences.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Because I think this style of game has immense potential if done right (such as with Life is Strange), and I would like to see Cage improve and deliver works on that level?
If all his previous games were "not worth playing", are you still genuinely looking to "see him improve", or just looking for an opportunity to say how terrible of a dev he is?

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Well those are some numbers... Lol. Can't wait to play this tho. I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls had some good parts to it. This looks really good every time they show it.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Because I think this style of game has immense potential if done right (such as with Life is Strange), and I would like to see Cage improve and deliver works on that level?

I love Life Is Strange, but let's not pretend its writing is any stronger than anything Cage puts out. Crucially, I don't think the likes of Life Is Strange would even exist without the legwork Quantic Dream's put into the genre already.

Credit where credit's due, etc.