• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
513 characters? Is he counting NPCs on the street?
What does The Witcher 3 have then, 5000?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn can´t wait for this game, loved Heavy Rain what a masterpiece, played with my girlfriend she was crying by the end.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5.1 million lines of code, oh noez

Anyway, these numbers mean nothing, hopefully the actual game is worth playing this time (not something I have been able to say for Cage's previous work).

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
But how many creepy shower scenes and underwater chinese ghost bases

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Lol these stats remind me of the early Xbox One stat lists MS showed at conferences when the power gap was a big deal

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Gaming hero:
Tekken's Paul Phoenix. "He survived 20 years in this industry with the same haircut, which says a lot."

1c0.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm not a dev, I'm don't know if that is good or not. But it must be good for being highlighted on the article.
For me a better number would be the release date.
That would make me excited.

JoduanER2

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
Id prefer statistics like:

-The amount of sexual assault allegations during the development
-how many lawsuits during the development
-how much government funding was lost

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Factual as they may be, none of this information is irrelevant in whether or not Detroit is actually a fun game or has a well-written story and characters. No one is going to care that the script is 2,000 pages long if all of the writing is bad.
I really liked the stuff they showed already. I'm down if its 2000 pages of that type of content.

Let's hope the writing is actually good and the 'choices' are believable. I really don't want to get multiple choices with the same outcome.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I find Cage's remarks so fucking juvenile... or at least the way he is portrayed in most articles. The argument about videogames being "fun" was edgy back in 1995. Games should move you? Trouble you? Are we 14 years old?

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
As far as I know most developers are happy when they reduce the amount of code instead of adding to it..

Anyway, cannot wait to see the game, should be something special.

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
David Cage said:
Some people are shocked when a game evokes real-world issues, but this platform is about becoming the characters, not just seeing them from the outside like in a film.
I really like David's insight and so far have enjoyed his games for how interactive and enjoyable (while being very much unlike most games) their stories use to be. Great interview, looking forward to the game!
I find Cage's remarks so fucking juvenile... or at least the way he is portrayed in most articles. The argument about videogames being "fun" was edgy back in 1995. Games should move you? Trouble you? Are we 14 years old?
Are you arguing games shouldn't present moving or troubling narratives?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Damn when Detroit arrives its gonna a bloodbath caused by Cage haters.
I hope mods keep an eye on this because its getting boring to see every Detroit thread getting deraild by them.

@On Topic : cool numbers but the most 6 important numbers still missing : xx/xx/xx !
C'mon Quantic Dream give us a release date please !

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
how many counts of harassment though?

Id prefer statistics like:

-The amount of sexual assault allegations during the development
-how many lawsuits during the development
-how much government funding was lost
Knock it off. If you want to have a thread discussing the allegations against Quantum Dreams and David Cage, then use one of the existing threads or start another one. This isn't a wholesale ban of discussing these allegations in Detroit threads, but it is a ban against driving into a thread, taking a potshot at the game and driving on out. For example, if you can tie the allegations into an on-topic (for that thread) discussion of Detroit's themes, then by all means go for it.

But don't do this.

Mathezar

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with Detroit, a solid release date should be public about now if they're targeting Q2? And there's no major industry event coming up to make an announcement other than E3, but that's Q3... I'm already anticipating "Unfortunately, whe had to make the difficult decision to delay the game for x or y reason"

Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with Detroit, a solid release date should be public about now if they're targeting Q2? And there's no major industry event coming up to make an announcement other than E3, but that's Q3... I'm already anticipating "Unfortunately, whe had to make the difficult decision to delay the game for x or y reason"
God of wars date and trailer came out without a big show although it was backed by game informer coverage.

Expecting a random day and a random blog post