• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same little girl being hostage demo we've seen so far right?

The same.

Got 3 different endings so far, it's a shame we have seen this demo so much that the "emotional" side of it is kinda gone (at least for me) but amazing stuff. when you go outside the apartment, is crazy tense and the graphics are amazing.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd love to download this because I'm eager to get my hands on the game but I think I'll hold off considering I'd rather not have any more of the story spoiled for me.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yesss - it's 3GB and not the whole freaking install.

I bloody hate when you have to download 36GB for a demo

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to download this because I'm eager to get my hands on the game but I think I'll hold off considering I'd rather not have any more of the story spoiled for me.

There is no spoiler assuming you have seen this demo before or at least some videos, is the first thing you play in the game (the tutorial), I think you are safe.

Oct 27, 2017
If it's the hostage demo I feel like they should have released it long ago. They've been showing it at every game event around the world

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DbeHngqX0AIUU9c.jpg:orig

Played it, liked it. Chance of buying day one increasing. I just wish the cover art wasn't that bad.

Here's my outcome:
DbeHuuqWAAA2AzH.jpg:orig

Last edited:

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Well that was short but intense. Looks incredibly clean on Pro with great HDR lighting. Might get it day one if reviews are good.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
How much time does it need for the demo to land on other stores? The next day? I hope it has PS4 Pro support.

Wow. the amount of spoken languages! :o

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
IQ is on fucking point.

Make sure to pick the right "brightness" setting in the options, it can ruin the game's look.

Ze9CNu.png

4nHVhq.png

This guy has a johnny depp kinda thing going on ! Love it.

Also they improved the eyes so much since the very first reveal they look much more believable now.

The "real time zoom" feature is also fantastic.

Also, holyyyyyy shit you can get a
perma death
on the very first chapter ?!

This is wild.

I just hope the detective stuff is a bit harder in the next missions.

It's very effective, the way the cutscenes are intertwined and how the characters react. That's a clear step above their previous titles.

Edit :

OH MY GOD I FEEL HORRIBLE

I wanted to see what happened if you didn't try to save the girl at all........... Well ..............

I'm a monster

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The same.

Got 3 different endings so far, it's a shame we have seen this demo so much that the "emotional" side of it is kinda gone (at least for me) but amazing stuff. when you go outside the apartment, is crazy tense and the graphics are amazing.
Then I guess it's good I've by coincidence been in the dark on this game (outside of a few trailers).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing hard because I have a feeling that you can "end the game" within the first 30 minutes if you play bad.

Speedruns are going to be hilarious.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IQ is on fucking point.

Make sure to pick the right "brightness" setting in the options, it can ruin the game's look.

Ze9CNu.png

4nHVhq.png

This guy has a johnny depp kinda thing going on ! Love it.

Also they improved the eyes so much since the very first reveal they look much more believable now.

The "real time zoom" feature is also fantastic.

Also, holyyyyyy shit you can get a
perma death
on the very first chapter ?!

This is wild.

I just hope the detective stuff is a bit harder in the next missions.

It's very effective, the way the cutscenes are intertwined and how the characters react. That's a clear step above their previous titles.

Edit :

OH MY GOD I FEEL HORRIBLE

I wanted to see what happened if you didn't try to save the girl at all........... Well ..............

I'm a monster

Is that on Pro? It looks absurdly good. The IQ is impecable.

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It's landed on the Australian store. Y'all in other countries will either have to make an account in a region that already has it, or wait until the 24th.

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the demo, it wasn't even remotely on my radar but now I might have to rethink that stance.

I saved the girl, but sacrificed myself in the process. The flowchart is a fantastic addition as well.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
god damn it my connor die with 79% probability.

Damn, i wasn't interested at this game, like at all previously. But the chart after finishing it, wow, I might get this.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
If someone could give the impressions about the controls it would be great. I want to know if it's more interactive and input heavy (like Heavy Rain) or you barely touch the controls (like Beyond).

It controls more like Heavy Rain and some doors you open with the motion controls, like a ship door for example. This is not all the time with the motion controls mind you. Connor has certain abilities for detecting things.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Too bad it is only the Hostage situation some later stuff with Kara is good and creepy. Connor's stuff is great I love the dynamic between him and Clancy Brown.

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished my first run through of the demo. Have to put a plug in it since it's past 1am but I really enjoyed that, and there was some neat new stuff that wasn't shown in gameplay videos.

I ended up saving the girl but falling over the side with Daniel. Really can't wait to have a go and see if I can get things right next time. I wonder how this will be handled in the main game. WIll Connor be left dead, something I really doubt, and if not would his software just be downloaded from the cloud into another android?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished my first run through of the demo. Have to put a plug in it since it's past 1am but I really enjoyed that, and there was some neat new stuff that wasn't shown in gameplay videos.

I ended up saving the girl but falling over the side with Daniel. Really can't wait to have a go and see if I can get things right next time. I wonder how this will be handled in the main game. WIll Connor be left dead, something I really doubt, and if not would his software just be downloaded from the cloud into another android?
Apparently characters really stay dead permanently which is absurd considering that means you can probably kill 2/3 of them in under 1 hour. Maybe even end the whole game in under 2. That would be a very ballsy move and a clear step above Heavy Rain. I hope it is the case

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently characters really stay dead permanently which is absurd considering that means you can probably kill 2/3 of them in under 1 hour. Maybe even end the whole game in under 2. That would be a very ballsy move and a clear step above Heavy Rain. I hope it is the case
I get that, but I suspect that the first time might be that kind of fake out. Of course, they would then have to write their way out of Connor always being downloaded to a new police droid with a new product identification code...

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I get that, but I suspect that the first time might be that kind of fake out. Of course, they would then have to write their way out of Connor always being downloaded to a new police droid with a new product identification code...
This is honestly the approach I expected they would take. But apparently there are no fakeouts lol. But of course the first time might be different cause its supposed to be a tutorial. We will find out soon I suppose

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Demo is legit. Genuinely tense. The outcome I got was certainly not the one I desired. Was doing really well, or so I thought, but I picked a bad dialogue choice right at the end ('Rational') and the rogue cyborg was having none of it. He leapt off the building and Connor saved the girl while going down with him.

And now I'm fucking pissed cos I got the awesome detective character killed in the demo. Boy, that really bodes well for my full playthrough!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Considering they're all androids I feel like it's going to be like Heavy Rain where no one can actually DIE die until later in the game.

Love most of his games, but never underestimate David Cage and his ability to write himself in a hole lol