• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Looks like PlayStation and QD are pretty happy with each other. Fantastic to see that, can't wait for their next game. Being it on!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Not so much… Maybe that's why that game was only for £13.99 on Black Week/Black Friday offers in the UK.
God of War could be had for under £20 too. Must have sold bad also.

Doubt they'd be trumpeting these if it was bad for the game. It's their fastest selling game. It's done really well.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Congrats QD. I want to see games like this thrive so as to prove that not everything story-oriented in the AAA space has to be open world and 40+ hours to succeed. Detroit's linear environments yet hugely branching narrative was more impressive to me than any open world I've encountered this gen.

Anyway, I enjoyed the game immensely. Hell, I liked it more than God of War and RDR2! I know he typically doesn't do sequels, but I wonder if Cage is at least tempted to do a stand-alone Connor game.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
This figure includes only development budget, you need to add marketing as well.

Yeah of course, but implicitly we talked about development cost only

To complete, in the article, they talked about Beyond Two Souls :
- Development cost : 24,7M €
- Development + marketing : 44,8M €

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though the premise of consumer goods wanting human rights is really dumb, it's QD's best game. The Connor route at least, is pretty well written and Bryan Dechart's performance as Connor is the best this year imo.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
are these number till 24th of October, 2018 as Detroit launched on 25th May and its 5 Months complete in October, so sales of Holiday season i.e. November and December should not be part of the 2 million sales figure

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to know if 2 million copies sold is good of bad for a narrative cinematic game like this, just compare with similar titles. Ask Telltale Games for ex... oh, right.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! The game is awesome really glad they are seeing success. I hope they make more like this that are a bit more grounded than the supernatural stuff they tried with Beyond Two Souls.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I got it as a gift and really enjoyed it. Plan on getting the platinum this week. Easily their best title. They more or less dropped the things that didn't work and focused on what did when it comes to their studio. If you liked stuff like until dawn. This one is definitely worth checking out.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I still need to get this, should have bought it on Black Friday when a bunch of Sony games were discounted in Europe, damn.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I hope this means Sony wants to keep supporting them. I don't mind if they go multi-platform as long as they have freedom to do whatever they want though.

Oct 27, 2017
are these number till 24th of October, 2018 as Detroit launched on 25th May and its 5 Months complete in October, so sales of Holiday season i.e. November and December should not be part of the 2 million sales figure

Either this or they counted months wrongly and they meant "7 months" instead of "5 months". I don't know why they would only announce the milestone now, but who knows.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a good result overall. The game wasn't discounted for quite some time so more purchases than usual should be 40-60$ ones.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah November/December sales are not included, that's why QD precised in 5 months as you pointed

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a good result overall. The game wasn't discounted for quite some time so more purchases than usual should be 40-60$ ones.

Yup. This past week you could find the game for 30€ and sometimes even 20€ in Europe (hello again Amazon) because of the crazy holidays sales, but before that the value remained stiff for a while and they sold their first million copies only two weeks after launch.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
That's 3 hits in a row now for QD right? Heavy Rain, Beyond, and now Detroit have all done well commercially. They've proven themselves as a reliable, quality developer. Maybe it's time Sony bring them into the first party fold unless QD really want to stay independent.

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
That's 3 hits in a row now for QD right? Heavy Rain, Beyond, and now Detroit have all done well commercially. They've proven themselves as a reliable, quality developer. Maybe it's time Sony bring them into the first party fold unless QD really want to stay independent.

Heavy Rain over 5mil
Beyond 2.8mil
Detroit over 2mil(and going)

Considering what sort of games they are you have to say QD have done very well with all 3 of them.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good to hear it sold 2m by now, but I was hoping for a bit more to be honest. Hope the game is profitable. One of my favorite games this generation.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
If that's the case those £13.99 BF sales would be on top of this and the vast majority of sales will be practically full price. So those "concerned" over the sales can rest easy ;)

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear it. The game was just great. It really did feel like an interactive movie and I actually cared about the characters. Well deserved

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear it. I'd love to see the Sony and Quantic Dream continue their collaboration because I have always really enjoyed their games, some silliness aside. Hoping to see something new from them a few years from now.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad it's a success. Usually don't like these type of games but I had a lot of fun playing this with my SO.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Great results. My favorite Quantic Dream game and in my top 10 for GotY as well. Here's hoping we get another game from them soon.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I watched my roommate play through this game. Seemed really neat and that's coming from someone that didn't like Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is an awesome game

I love watch other people playing too to see what they choose. The branching aspect is surreal.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My favorite quantic dream and my GOTY. Such a beautiful and touching journey .

Can't wait for what he has next . Hopefully he will be at ps5 launch with his new tech demo for his new engine .

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well that settles an argument about this game that I had with a user about this game being well over 3 million by now. Can't say I'm surprised that I was right, It was a wild claim based on virtualy nothing. Not that it matters since they made a show of putting me on ignore lol.

More to the point I'm definitely going to add to this in the near future because I've been putting it off for too long really.