• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Portman

Nov 5, 2017
Looking forward to this one to play over the weekend. I skipped the demo to just try the full game so I'll be going in fresh.

OT gave a good overview, thanks for the thread too!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Excellent work on the OT.
Looking to pick this up on Friday.

Thanks Sunhi !

I'll add some of your first hours gifs (to avoid spoilers) to the OP when you come up with them !

I was going to make them but I noticed a lot of the preview videos got taken down for some reason... So I felt like just waiting ! There was a lot more things to work on that had priority.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Have any early impressions discussed the story? After Soma and Prey stuff like Subsurface Circular, sci-fi stories in games have been pretty good lately. I hope this doesn't descend into generic robot uprising and has more nuanced themes and scenarios
Everyone that did either said they liked or loved it. Note that this heavily depends on what choices you have made. If you post your impressions after a first playthrough that went catastrophic you certainly don't have the full picture.
Most of these people however enjoyed QD's prior output, so it might not be of great use if you look for the opinion of a prior detractor.

Everyone seems to agree though that it is a step-up in the writing and doesn't fully jump the shark

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Have any early impressions discussed the story? After Soma and Prey stuff like Subsurface Circular, sci-fi stories in games have been pretty good lately. I hope this doesn't descend into generic robot uprising and has more nuanced themes and scenarios

Robot uprising is where Marcus' ark seems to be heading. Kara's and Connors are verrry different. The detective stuff for Connor is a very good use of his abilities of an android Police unit. Kara's more on the protective and escape path.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
On my first try in this demo I...come closer to the deviant and was able to save the girl even though with a sacrifice. The game being closer to my birthday was pratically a jackspot.

I'm ready to deal with this game with no guns. Well...doesn't mean I will not choose some evil choices though.

Any impressions from those who have played?

The game seems to be for those who likes to try any kinda of choice that suits them. Sounds like a way to make different experiences for each player(which I find nice). For instance, I normally try the blame approach and stay away from guns. Gonna say I wasn't a big fan of the touch interactions. I rather prefer to use buttons instead. But the investigation was fine.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the game like a pleb on Friday during the day if Amazon doesn't shit itself like usual.

=(

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Just a 14 more hours until it unlocks, I'm so excited! Won't play at midnight though, but will definitely play sometime tomorrow.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped

giphy.gif

Oct 30, 2017
Woah... OP, NICE JOB!!!!

What a fitting OT for a game that I'm sure will capture the hearts of many many players.

This is one of the most anticipating games for me personally in this generation.... can't believe how many years has passed since that concept video of Kara and now we are almost there for the full game :-)

Bring it on, in QD and David Cage I believe and trust.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Them early impressions and hints. Hype level rising.

Game is preloading now. Also really excited for the OST, gonna be one of the best I think.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, in case you missed them, I added the short movies in the Extras in the OP.

They're cool :D .

Also, Kamski looks radically different in the launch trailer.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
If those who've played can say, how are the "action"/thriller scenes? One of the things I liked about the QD games is how they'd have real time scenarios with various contextual controls that fit the situation rather than being forced to work with a singular control scheme like a shooter or other games would. For example, the house escape in Heavy Rain's Taxidermist, or the stealth/spy stuff and motorcycle chase in Beyond

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Connor aka Bryan Dechart is a legend btw

dawwwhcpfv.gif

His entire live-stream of him touring Detroit with Quantic Dream and Sony employees was fantastic and provided a rare private look at these people e.g. David was super chill and nice.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
A little scared/worried it won't be my cup of tea since I wasn't a big Beyond fan, but also very much excited. Took the plunge and kept my preorder. Should ship at some point tomorrow! Fingers crossed I'll be having a blast this weekend :D

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Connor aka Bryan Dechart is a legend btw

dawwwhcpfv.gif

His entire live-stream of him touring Detroit with Quantic Dream and Sony employees was fantastic and provided a rare private look at these people e.g. David was super chill and nice.

He is great. It helps that he is hot too. Lol

But yeah that stream was fun, cool to see another side of these devs.