• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 8, 2017
This GIF could be used so many times while playing Detroit: Become Human.

ZdXHhgl.gif

Ohzv81c.gif

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan's the shit. His girlfriend is awesome too. Funny to see those reactions out of the people who were actually in the damn game. lol

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Literally about to start my playthrough in a minute.

Is there a consensus atm about the difficulty? Should I go experienced or casual?

I dont mind losing a character but I dont want to get screwed over or frustrated either. This is my first Quantic game and I've heard cases for both sides in the past, lol

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Bryan and Amelia are fucking awesome. Bryan has that natural charisma and is really comfortable with the streamer persona.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

Is there a consensus atm about the difficulty? Should I go experienced or casual?

I dont mind losing a character but I dont want to get screwed over or frustrated either. This is my first Quantic game and I've heard cases for both sides in the past, lol

i've played "Experienced difficulty",i wasn't frustrated.I've lose my characters near the end,but hey that's the experience.
Basically you will need to use one or two more buttons for the QTE.If you know the ps4 controller,go for "experienced".

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can't imagine anyone here needing to play Casual. It removes all difficulty from the game. It's already a really easy game, where the gameplay consists of pressing buttons in a QTE. They give you room for error. You don't have to get every button press right to succeed.

Playing "experienced" should not be a problem. That should be do-able by nearly anyone on this forum. It's not hard at all.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Beat this last night and really enjoyed it from start to finish. I managed to have all three main characters alive at the end, but
I did lose Luther sadly :/

I really can't wait to start this again today. I don't think I could ever get myself to play Connor other than deviant though. He was my favorite character and I really loved his scenes with Hank. I do want to see what happens if you play him more as a machine though.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do they ever clarify what that string of numbers/letters (ra29 or something like that?) means? Just beat it and don't recall an explanation.

MOD EDIT: Added spoiler tags to avoid unintended viewing of spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that the update is coming soon. Should be good for the Platinum run since I'll be doing stuff she'll comment on.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Please fellow deviants,
let Chloe (every version) be free.Don't order a new model because if you do
then why did you make that choice in the first place?
Please resist :P

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I see there is a lot of negative response regarding the latest patch.
In my opinion it sure is controversial but again that's why in Detroit decisions are important in the first place.
If people choose
to order a new Chloe then it's like they're lying to themselves
and it shows something about the way they think.

How do you guys feel about this decision?
I'm very much interested in finding out what people decided to do after the patch.
I hope QD releases some stats in the long run.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For me it very much is reading too much into a fun meta element. This is just for the fans. But the stats on it might be interesting regardless lol

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It feels like when Konami brought back Queit do to popular demand.

Honestly I prefer when they stick to their original vision.

I personally think it's fine and people are looking far too deeply into stuff, plus if they make it optional
to get a new Chloe
the people will be free not to make that choice
I can see why some miss her thow, her interactions with the player where pretty cool.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The best part for me is watching other people play the game and seeing they had a similar reaction to the same sequences I had. I love how intense and relentless the final stretch can get

This is pretty much the same level of stress I felt at the border checkpoint with Kara:

You rarely see someone react like this to a game or any fiction at all and that's why QD is important.

Oct 29, 2017
Got a path on the flowchart that says 0% of people on the record had gotten, towards the ending of markus's storyline. Pretty proud of that lol

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
So my copy arrived on Saturday, managed to get some decent time into it. However, I made a very very bad choice in level 6 (Subtitle Beyond the Storm or similar) . Let's just say that based on the world stats for that level, only 2% made the same choice. Chloe also told me off when I returned to the title screen.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So my copy arrived on Saturday, managed to get some decent time into it. However, I made a very very bad choice in level 6 (Subtitle Beyond the Storm or similar) . Let's just say that based on the world stats for that level, only 2% made the same choice. Chloe also told me off when I returned to the title screen.
Damn, that sounds like it might be a very bad one lol In that case your second playthrough will be a LOT different. And hours longer :P

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I did the broadcast tower level and
executed an injured Simon so he couldn't be scanned.
I read on a PowerPyx guide that this decision locks out a bunch of future stuff. Did I screw up too much or should I just wait for my next playthrough?

I'm loving the game so far. The Nest and especially the Zlatko levels were crazy and tense.

Last edited:

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I did the broadcast tower level and
executed an injured Simon so he couldn't be scanned.
I read on a PowerPyx guide that this decision locks out a bunch of future stuff. Did I screw up too much or should I just wait for my next playthrough?

I'm loving the game so far. The Nest and especially the Zlatko levels were crazy and tense.
Nah save it for the next playthrough. I did the exact same choice. It's not noticeable at all what is added and what is cut since the game is great about it. I still got a good ending regardless and felt the choice made sense

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah save it for the next playthrough. I did the exact same choice. It's not noticeable at all what is added and what is cut since the game is great about it. I still got a good ending regardless and felt the choice made sense

Ah ok, thanks. I think reading the flowcharts at the end of each level throws me off. Beyond and Heavy Rain didn't do this, so I didn't obsess it about it too much. This game seems a lot more complicated in terms of branching.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Don't think I've seen as many trophies pop up at once as I did when I finished this game lol.

Overall really enjoyed my experience, and felt pretty satisfied with the ending I got. Sometimes I wasn't sure about certain choices and what direction they'd take the story (I feel some of the dialog choices didn't match up with what I expected the character to say, but fortunately this was pretty rare), though I'd like to think I made the choices that seemed natural in the moment, and it was fascinating to see how it all culminated in the end.

Also really liked the world building. There's a chapter early on with Markus where you're just walking down a street. You see the androids being advertised in the store windows, the fancy posters for movies, an android serving hot dogs, and in the moment, I felt like I was actually taking a stroll down a street in the future (or at least one vision of it). I really like moments like that, where a game is able to sweep you up in the atmosphere they create and immerse you in their world. And beyond making choices and building character relationships, I really liked how the game is built out of a lot of these smaller moments. They allow you step into the lives of these characters, to learn about their personality, and figure out how you'd react to a certain situation being in their shoes. It really made me enjoy the game.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I went back to the start of the thread to read some people's early experiences, this was one of the first I had stumbled on....
So Conner
Just got hit with a car when chasing Kara over the highway but I got no skull in the timeline so im gonna push on because I definitely dont want to continue without him. It was super cool playing both of the characters pretty much at the same time and actions you did as conner could affect Kara and her story.
..... which I found interesting because I didn't experience any Conner and Kara sections due to..

.. doing as Todd said after he hit Alice and she ran upstairs. Todd said I had to stay there, then he hit the Red Ice, took off his belt and went upstairs. Alice was screaming for her dad not to hurt her but still I stayed put. Then the screen faded out and faded back with Kara entering the room. Alice was in Todd's arms, she was lifeless as he had killed her. Then he blamed Kara, said it was all her fault, he approached her and the level ended. Alice and Kara died. It was a very powerful and emotional scene as my partner went through similar abise with her ex husband.

I felt bad with the decision I made so after Chloe telling me off on the title screen I restarted that level and managed to change the course of events. However, I felt guilty I didn't follow my original instinct so replayed if again and followed my original path so I've had no levels with Kara since her second appearance.

Last edited:

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ah ok, thanks. I think reading the flowcharts at the end of each level throws me off. Beyond and Heavy Rain didn't do this, so I didn't obsess it about it too much. This game seems a lot more complicated in terms of branching.
I actually skipped the charts while closing my eyes for my first playthrough haha

I went back to the start of the thread to read some people's early experiences, this was one of the first I had stumbled on....
..... which I found interesting because I didn't experience any Conner and Kara sections due to..

.. doing as Todd said after he hit Alice and she ran upstairs. Todd said I had to stay there, then he hit the Red Ice, took off his belt and went upstairs. Alice was screaming for her dad not to hurt her but still I stayed put. Then the screen faded out and faded back with Kara entering the room. Alice was in Todd's arms, she was lifeless as he had killed her. Then he blamed Kara, said it was all her fault, he approached her and the level ended. Alice and Kara died. It was a very powerful and emotional scene as my partner went through similar abise with her ex husband.

I felt bad with the decision I made so after Chloe telling me off on the title screen I restarted that level and managed to change the course of events. However, I felt guilty I didn't follow my original instinct so replayed if again and followed my original path so I've had no levels with Kara since her second appearance.
Birdseye went through the same experience. As much as it sucks it makes the second playthrough super rewarding and almost necessary.

Nov 8, 2017

I love it. Both from the sense that the game even allows something like this to happen and that you went to all the effort to end up back where you started. You definitely have to play through again though.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Question about one of the end scenarios:

How do you escape as Connor to prevent him shooting Markus ?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Question about one of the end scenarios:

How do you escape as Connor to prevent him shooting Markus ?
Where exactly? At Jericho? He needs to become a deviant. Even if you stay a machine Markus can kill Connor avoiding his death. Connor will come back and try again, but you don't have to shoot Markus if you make the right choices

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Where exactly? At Jericho? He needs to become a deviant. Even if you stay a machine Markus can kill Connor avoiding his death. Connor will come back and try again, but you don't have to shoot Markus if you make the right choices

Right at the end, when Amanda takes control and Connors stuck in their meeting spot.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Right at the end, when Amanda takes control and Connors stuck in their meeting spot.
Ohhh.
You need to find the blue switch which is the emergency exit Kamski was referring to. If you inspected it earlier in the game or walked around the garden and memorized the layout somewhat you find it easily. Hint: it's to your right after you gain control in the snowstorm. Normally when you appear in the garden it is always on your left

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh.
You need to find the blue switch which is the emergency exit Kamski was referring to. If you inspected it earlier in the game or walked around the garden and memorized the layout somewhat you find it easily. Hint: it's to your right after you gain control in the snowstorm. Normally when you appear in the garden it is always on your left

Yeah, I figured that was it. I was literally right ontop of it but got stuck on the raised floor and couldn't move so just watched helplessly as time ran out. Thank you.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I love it. Both from the sense that the game even allows something like this to happen and that you went to all the effort to end up back where you started. You definitely have to play through again though.

I will do, and will probably start from Chapter 6 as I am happy with everything prior to Kara's second episode.

Just finished it last night and honestly, I think I would've had the perfect ending had I not gotten Kara killed. It was pretty much the best ending I imagine.

Great game, really enjoyed it despite how much of it felt on rails. Conners levels were the best bits, loved the relationship building between him and the Lieutenant. Much improved story telling too. No regrets purchasing this at full price.