• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Detroit: Become Human |OT| Like Tears in Heavy Rain

Dec 14, 2017
Finished the game. Wow. Ending was a bit Meh (some aspects) but game was awesome. For the first time I want to play and see other endings.

Hank died (quit police and suicide)
Markus suicides after losing the war in the streets (I did not get the grenade so I couldn't defeat the machine gun. At least that's where I guess I lost...
Kara and the girl are safe in Canada
Connor suicides after becoming the leader of the Androids and realizing he was being used

I was sure Amanda/Ciberlife was the one coordinating it all

I didn't like how the war changed from "humans winning and attacking" to "we will share the world in 2 species". The Ciberlife factory supposedly had thousands of Android's and then after you rescue them they become millions.

Kara and Alice are some of the best characters ever. I did not suspect that she was an Android till the giant first asked Kara... Should I?

I want to play one time trying the peaceful revolution.

Now I will let my GF play it, we stopped together after the zlatko mansion so there is plenty of things for her to decide differently.

Game is easily the best one by David Cage, and I loved Heavy Rain (first ever game my GF played to the end). The flowcharts are awesome and incentive you to replay. But I need to finish God of War still.

Finished up yesterday. It's still fresh, but I would say that this is my favorite QD game. I'm not a huge fan of the genre but I have a soft spot for Indigo Prophecy so I try to play their new games.

The graphics, art/set design, and soundtrack are all great, as is the facial and motion capture and animation. I can't explain why, but I really connected with Kara, Alice, and Luther. Conner was great too and I made Hank my buddy. Markus sections weren't terrible but to me were the weakest and most predictable.

As for how I ended up:
- Kara, Alice, and Luther all died during the Jericho attack. This killed me, I really liked them. I went back and replayed and saved Kara and Alice but Luther still died because I didn't steal the bus tickets and thus had to take the boat. Will probably go back again and save Luther because he's my dude.
- Conner became deviant, saved Hank (and they became BFFs), and resisted the takeover by Cyberlife and thus didn't kill Markus. Found Jericho by using android parts to wake Simon back up in the evidence room. I was very sympathetic to androids the whole way through (always let them escape, never shot them) so Amanda hated me.
- As for Markus, I went the peaceful route, even though my speech at the TV station was a tad too aggressive and didn't set a peaceful tone. Simon died on the roof (should've shot that guy running away!) but North and Josh made it. Kissed North when facing death and won android freedom. Public was sympathetic.

Selina

Kaleidoscopic Mind
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
I played the demo today and thought it was impressive stuff. Connor’s voice work was really great. I am going to pick this one up soon.
I hope you enjoy it. If you thought Connor was great in the demo, you're gonna love him in the full game.

Dec 14, 2017
My GF finished the game and even though we were very similar in most decisions, the few ones that were different led to a complete different ending:

Connor didn't become a deviant at Jericho, then killed himself in the rooftop while Markus was protesting peacefully. In the end he resisted the Cyberlife takeover and didn't kill Markus during the final speech.

Markus was almost always peaceful, but would attack when in imminent danger. In the end she got the public opinion by her side and started singing to not die. Ended up becoming victorious in the mission of freedom.

Kara, Alice and Luther got the bus ticket and then in the immigration another Android (the one you saved with Luther, I think Jerry) sacrificed himself for you to cross the checkpoint.

Even though I didn't have Luther alive, crossing the river with Alice and Kara was nicer than her Border Checkpoint ending. I just wonder if there is any part I missed earlier in the game that hints that Alice is an Android, because in both our playthroughs we only suspected it when Luther started talking about it... is the magazine about kids Android's the only thing or there is something more?

She played in Easy so all confirmation basically had O or X only as options and she would still miss 1/3 of the buttons lol (but she won all confrontations). She also got detailed risk and time information to help her through decisions, which are not always available when not playing in Easy mode. Wierd thing: she played Heavy Rain in the Hard difficulty before and didn't have a problem with more buttons... Her ending was better storywise, mine was a bit off. We both enjoyed ourselves amd this is probably the game she will tell people about when they ask if she plays my PS4 (this amd overcooked)

Oct 26, 2017
I got this game because I was interested on it when I saw some video quite some time ago.

I think I got the best ending

Everyone survived, thank god! my heart was racing sometimes on some of these choices where I had to pause a little.
Played it on easy (sorry time is not something that I have a lot of these days)
Enjoyed a lot the world and story, hopefully we have a sequel !
About the characters I liked every one, I could see clearly their agenda and flaws. Really liked the Connor & Hank buddy cop dynamics, Markus agenda and Kara adventure.

OP
OP
Angie22
Nov 20, 2017
Portugal
I got this game because I was interested on it when I saw some video quite some time ago.

I think I got the best ending

Everyone survived, thank god! my heart was racing sometimes on some of these choices where I had to pause a little.
Played it on easy (sorry time is not something that I have a lot of these days)
Enjoyed a lot the world and story, hopefully we have a sequel !
About the characters I liked every one, I could see clearly their agenda and flaws. Really liked the Connor & Hank buddy cop dynamics, Markus agenda and Kara adventure.
You got a way better ending than me lol

In mine Kara and Alice survived, but not Luther.
Also Connor end up killing Markus.

I0m really happy that you enjoyed it :D

Oct 26, 2017
You got a way better ending than me lol

In mine Kara and Alice survived, but not Luther.
Also Connor end up killing Markus.

I0m really happy that you enjoyed it :D
I totally did, I saw rumors of a potential DLC which I would be on it day one.

These types of games I usually replay them to get the other endings and choices but after seeing this ending I was really happy.

Saw those other choices on youtube and went NOPE! Some of them are really harsh, in my mind my ending is the canon one lol

OP
OP
Angie22
Nov 20, 2017
Portugal
I totally did, I saw rumors of a potential DLC which I would be on it day one.

These types of games I usually replay them to get the other endings and choices but after seeing this ending I was really happy.

Saw those other choices on youtube and went NOPE! Some of them are really harsh, in my mind my ending is the canon one lol
I doubt that with the new news about QD a DLC will happen now unfortunally. I would personaly would love a Connor and Hank DLC.
Also yeah, you were really lucky with that ending lol
The later part of the game is very stressful and I end up doing some mistakes.

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game. What a goddamn ride. I need to play it over the weekend. Despite my best efforts, I made all the wrong choices with Hank lol
But damn, what a great game.

OP
OP
Angie22
Nov 20, 2017
Portugal
Just finished the game. What a goddamn ride. I need to play it over the weekend. Despite my best efforts, I made all the wrong choices with Hank lol
But damn, what a great game.
So glad you enjoyed it. I hope you did the best choices with Kara and Alice.
That was always my main concern in the game.

Oct 26, 2017
So glad you enjoyed it. I hope you did the best choices with Kara and Alice.
That was always my main concern in the game.
The only time I decided to restart a chapter was when I BADLY messed up with Kara and Alice lol
I didn't play dead and they were captured during the attack on Jericho
. I couldn't continue knowing that I screwed them up. I really felt bad about my Hank ending though, he really grew on me over the course of the game. I will go for the platinum this weekend! Quantic Dream is going multiplat right? I hope that they keep making great games. Does Heavy Rain still hold up? I feel like playing another QD game right away lol

OP
OP
Angie22
Nov 20, 2017
Portugal
The only time I decided to restart a chapter was when I BADLY messed up with Kara and Alice lol
I didn't play dead and they were captured during the attack on Jericho
. I couldn't continue knowing that I screwed them up. I really felt bad about my Hank ending though, he really grew on me over the course of the game. I will go for the platinum this weekend! Quantic Dream is going multiplat right? I hope that they keep making great games. Does Heavy Rain still hold up? I feel like playing another QD game right away lol
There is still a way for them to be saved after being captured. But is really tense.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god just ended the game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it. Cried for a couple of minutes after
"Welcome to Canada".

I got the perfect ending for Kara thankfully, but had to re-do the final chapter because I messed with
Markus' QTE during the barricade confrontation

What a beautiful game. I know why some people see problematic stuff here and there, but at least the Kara story was very representative of immigrants' struggles.

Oct 27, 2017
Very late to this party, but it's a great one. Question for people who've figured it all out:

If you fail to solve the case as Connor in Last Chance, what happens at the Jericho? Is it not attacked? And if not, what's the impetus for Marcus to move to the final march?

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I haven't posted in this thread as of yet, but I just wanted to say wow what a great OT. Awesome job from the OP, seriously. Not many threads make me want to buy a game but this one did it.