• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I mean the thing about a serial code tattoo, ignoring the connotations of placement and all that, is like... They're not shown on the wrist that often? Other than in the processing scene for Kara and the broadcast from Markus, but I don't remember if every part has a serial number stamped on it. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that if she really wanted to have a barcode, it would have probably been better to just get a replica jacket (surely those exist?) or if she was dedicated to the tattoo, at least get it put across the back or something accurate for the placement of those codes.

Really wish for them to do Connor/Hank DLC

The game is a little too succinct with its timing and definitive with the ending to really give an option for putting DLC with those two anywhere, unfortunately. Unless they wanted to do a universe spinoff where Markus didn't happen just yet, and it was more focused on the whole "what's a deviant" angle. Maybe without so many of those deviants just straight up killing themselves this time.

Actually if someone in Quantic was willing to do a spinoff Detroit game that was just Connor/Hank solving mysteries, I might be 1000% in for that.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I mean the thing about a serial code tattoo, ignoring the connotations of placement and all that, is like... They're not shown on the wrist that often? Other than in the processing scene for Kara and the broadcast from Markus, but I don't remember if every part has a serial number stamped on it. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that if she really wanted to have a barcode, it would have probably been better to just get a replica jacket (surely those exist?) or if she was dedicated to the tattoo, at least get it put across the back or something accurate for the placement of those codes.

The game is a little too succinct with its timing and definitive with the ending to really give an option for putting DLC with those two anywhere, unfortunately. Unless they wanted to do a universe spinoff where Markus didn't happen just yet, and it was more focused on the whole "what's a deviant" angle. Maybe without so many of those deviants just straight up killing themselves this time.

Actually if someone in Quantic was willing to do a spinoff Detroit game that was just Connor/Hank solving mysteries, I might be 1000% in for that.
There isn't a single moment in the whole game where there is a serial number anywhere on a wrist or close to it. They only have them on their service jackets and under their skin at various points, but that's just a factory imprint and not an unique id I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong and the Kara camp scene shows the barcode on her wrist, but either way it's never made a point and put into focus. Hence it is an especially poor choice on that girl's part to put it where she did. I can only imagine she thought it would simply be a good spot and never learned about the real life counterpart. Don't ask me how, but many schools suck nowadays so I wouldn't even be surprised.

As for DLC, I guess if you make the good ending with Hank and Connor cannon for the DLC and turn them into private investigators it could work out

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
So i've finished a second playthrough a few days ago.
My ending was better this time (everyone died in my first playthrough),except for...Kara & Alice.I've got an ending seen by 3% of the players only...:(
In my story,Kara and Alive will never have a happy ending i guess :(.I am afraid to start an another playthrough in few months lol.

Also i've a got a sad "bug" in the game (probably something that need a little fix)
After the ending,in the menu screen ,the "new chloe" told me that she was sad that Luther was dead,and now Kara & Alice will be alone...
I was like "but...Chloe...they are dead" :(
What a way to finish my playthrough LOL

i've enjoyed the Markus part way more this time, i don't why.
Also i think North was a cool character.(I didn't like her in my first playthrough).

i think the relationship between the two was actually good and not forced.People seems to miss the "probe memory" thing.
North is an interesting character imo,she's more than just a "kill everyone" person.

Sill an amazing experience,and it was better for me the second time.
I suggest to wait a few weeks/months before replaying the game.It's the best.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I finished this recently and David Cage and Quantic Dreams speak my language. From Fahrenheit to Heavy Rain to Beyond: Two Souls to now Detroit. Every single one was amazing.

This is my game of the year thus far (yes, I enjoyed it more than God of War).

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I... have a feeling someone must be working around the clock to delete horrible replies lol. Because I'm certain people would have already started slinging trash at him.

Makes me sad. I hope he won't get discouraged!

He tweets too much and too fan centric, I have the feeling is not him, doesn't seem his style.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
I have just purchased the game, it's on its way home, maybe wednesday I'll get to play it. Let's finally fucking do this!! I'm excited! It's hard to believe I've avoided any and every information about this game after release, until now.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Bryan and Amelia finished their Red Connor playthrough yesterday. Kinda hoping they'll go back and replay certain chapters to see different outcomes.

Connor killed the Chloe in this playthrough so he never went to the evidence locker. Would have been interesting to see their reaction to using the Traci's to find Jericho.

He tweets too much and too fan centric, I have the feeling is not him, doesn't seem his style.

Lead writer, Adam Williams, promoted this account on the subreddit. I think Cage must be aware of what people think of him and is trying to keep the posts as inoffensive as possible.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game. Both Alice and Kara died trying to escape Jericho. That was like 4% people in the world that had the same outcome. I guess I missed a lot afterwards. :-/

Can I just replay that chapter to open up the missing parts? Can I select where to start from within a chapter?

Btw I think the game was awesome and the graphics were something else. Especially with the snow in the last third.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 90 minutes in but wow...this is definitely the best QD game yet. I thought Heavy Rain was good but BTS was just bad.
Detroid already has a great atmosphere, interesting characters, a great start with a really interesting story/setting and...AND it's emotional. I care for every character so far and I want to know more.
Also, decisions seem to matter even more now. I just hope that it's not as short as HR or BTW because this seems to be fantastic. What a year for Ps4 owners.

edit: Damn, these chapters are short :( I'm in chapter 8 after 2 hours :/

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
WTF is happening in this game, lol. I just completed chapter 13 with only 22 %? what the hell? there seem to be three different beginnings...I don't know what's going on here, lol...and compared to the worldwide statistics I got the rarest outcome, lmao.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
WTF is happening in this game, lol. I just completed chapter 13 with only 22 %? what the hell? there seem to be three different beginnings...I don't know what's going on here, lol...and compared to the worldwide statistics I got the rarest outcome, lmao.

It's the branchiest branching game ever lol.

Many chapters beginnings start at different spots because of actions taken in previous chapters, and then branch off of that.

As you get further in the game, sometimes there are entire flowcharts that aren't even used because of how you're playing the game.

Enjoy :D

On the Run, right? Did you get everyone hit by cars?? Lol.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the branchiest branching game ever lol.

Many chapters beginnings start at different spots because of actions taken in previous chapters, and then branch off of that.

As you get further in the game, sometimes there are entire flowcharts that aren't even used because of how you're playing the game.

Enjoy :D

On the Run, right? Did you get everyone hit by cars?? Lol.

Wait what? lol.

#teamhank btw. I like the actor ;)

Too bad Lance Henriksen's character is already dead
:(
I really liked him but made the wrong decision^^

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? lol.

Sometimes chapters will start from different points because of how you played earlier chapters. And there's so so much content that you won't even see.

Haha just keep going! The flowcharts get crazy.

#teamhank also.

Aw :(

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Wait what? lol.

Sometimes chapters will start from different points because of how you played earlier chapters. And there's so so much content that you won't even see.

Haha just keep going! The flowcharts get crazy.

#teamhank also.

Aw :(

#teamhank as well here. Not in the beginning, I thought he was a jerk initially, but he grew on me, but...

As Connor I inadvertently killed Hank from the top of a tall building where they fought. As Connor I also killed Marcus, and Kara and Alice died at Zlatko's. This one particularly hit me really hard, because of how stupid the cause to their death was. It wasn't because of one of my choices, I just ran out of time when looking for Alice (as Kara). As Marcus, I killed one or two security guards, one employee of Channel 4, and countless policemen both at Detroit Square and at the android camp.

This was my first playthrough and after all this I can still say I loved this game, ahaha. I had very rare endings.

Oct 25, 2017
My god the ending was something else. I lost some characters and that makes me really sad (I liked them all) but at the same time it wasn't a bad ending because I
saved the androids
. Man, I have to play this again. Amazing game and definitely the best QD game,

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
#teamhank as well here. Not in the beginning, I thought he was a jerk initially, but he grew on me, but...

As Connor I inadvertently killed Hank from the top of a tall building where they fought. As Connor I also killed Marcus, and Kara and Alice died at Zlatko's. This one particularly hit me really hard, because of how stupid the cause to their death was. It wasn't because of one of my choices, I just ran out of time when looking for Alice (as Kara). As Marcus, I killed one or two security guards, one employee of Channel 4, and countless policemen both at Detroit Square and at the android camp.

This was my first playthrough and after all this I can still say I loved this game, ahaha. I had very rare endings.

Lol, how could you at all those outcomes. :D

Quick question, any news/hint about future DLC about this game ?

Nothing :(

My god the ending was something else. I lost some characters and that makes me really sad (I liked them all) but at the same time it wasn't a bad ending because I
saved the androids
. Man, I have to play this again. Amazing game and definitely the best QD game,

What types of specifics did you get in your ending? :)

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Damn so annoyed I lost Kara and Alice at the very end.

Because I didn't know I had to stay away from the guards, it asked me to focus on something but the camera hardly changed, so I walked closer, they scanned me, bang. Very unfulfilling after sacrificing everyone else to get them safe.

Though at least it made

Markus shooting all the meat bags in his glorious revolution feel more cathartic.

I don't think that was meant as canon ending though, it just kind of ended there.

Apart from slightly flubbing the end, I still think it's my GOTY so far.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
i think the relationship between the two was actually good and not forced.People seems to miss the "probe memory" thing.
North is an interesting character imo,she's more than just a "kill everyone" person.
Yeah I really enjoyed it. And there is a lot of backstory hidden in the game about her:

-Police station report about her going missing
-The Eden Club manager recounts how he lost a model a few months back which lines up

Her reasoning for hating humans is very sound when you consider that she experienced near constant "rape" every single day. She is very loyal beyond that and not really a bitch or anything. Could emphasize with her pretty well and if you take the peaceful route I feel she also learns to see Markus perspective. Loved the music cue (fittingly titled "Lost") that plays in every scene with her and Markus, very touching, same as the hand connection and memory exchange. Also felt Minka Kelly did really well in the role.

Just finished the game. Both Alice and Kara died trying to escape Jericho. That was like 4% people in the world that had the same outcome. I guess I missed a lot afterwards. :-/

Can I just replay that chapter to open up the missing parts? Can I select where to start from within a chapter?

Btw I think the game was awesome and the graphics were something else. Especially with the snow in the last third.
Yep you can replay from the Crossroads chapter and please do so to fix this ending lol. If you go inside a chapter's flowchart you can also start the chapter from certain checkpoints to avoid entire replays as well

Damn so annoyed I lost Kara and Alice at the very end.

Because I didn't know I had to stay away from the guards, it asked me to focus on something but the camera hardly changed, so I walked closer, they scanned me, bang. Very unfulfilling after sacrificing everyone else to get them safe.

Though at least it made

Markus shooting all the meat bags in his glorious revolution feel more cathartic.

I don't think that was meant as canon ending though, it just kind of ended there.

Apart from slightly flubbing the end, I still think it's my GOTY so far.
Awww. If
you have Luther with you he will comment on the soldiers saying they scan people and you better dodge them. If you get caught he can also sacrifice himself to get Kara and Alice out still. Without him it can get bad quickly

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Also jumping on the I-like-North train (or I've been on it since the start).

I like her and

am still kind of upset my friend playing Markus got her killed last play through lol.

But yeah. Sweet Jericho Princess.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, how could you at all those outcomes. :D

Nothing :(

What types of specifics did you get in your ending? :)

Luther: Died at the bus station so Kara and Alice could escape
Hank: Died at the end, killed by "fake" Connor
Alice: Died at the end because she got hit by a bullet (on the boat)
Kara: Survived (Canada)
Markus: Survived (Andoird leader, peaceful)
Connor: Survived (betrayed Amanda)
Simon: Dead (died so Markus could survive)
Carl: Dead (heart attack)
Josh: Died on the ship

BTW: Can Connor die? Because
he got killed once and was replaced by another "Connor"

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Luther: Died at the bus station so Kara and Alice could escape
Hank: Died at the end, killed by "fake" Connor
Alice: Died at the end because she got hit by a bullet (on the boat)
Kara: Survived (Canada)
Markus: Survived (Andoird leader, peaceful)
Connor: Survived (betrayed Amanda)
Simon: Dead (died so Markus could survive)
Carl: Dead (heart attack)
Josh: Died on the ship

BTW: Can Connor die? Because
he got killed once and was replaced by another "Connor"

All of your secondary characters, RIP lol.

And Connor:

yes, most definitely. Only closer to the end though. He gets replaced until he deviates, or not, basically. Once your Connor deviated at Jericho, he was toast if you let him die :P

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think the pacing and story of the game are a lot better if you let a certain character die early on in the game and never have to play their chapters.

It's Kara. Her chapters drag the whole game down

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
yes, most definitely. Only closer to the end though. He gets replaced until he deviates, or not, basically. Once your Connor deviated at Jericho, he was toast if you let him die :P
Not true.
Mine deviated, then got killed trying to save North in the Jericho escape. Then a new one got sent to kill Markus from the sniper position. Of course at that point I had fully committed to the violent rebellion to avenge Kara and Alice, so I intentionally missed all my button prompts to get thrown off the roof by Hank. At which point Connor 3 showed up once again at the final standoff with Markus. Here I was doubting whether to choose not-Connor and intentionally miss all my button prompts again, but I figured it would be more cathartic if I played as Markus kicking non-Connor's ass

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not true.
Mine deviated, then got killed trying to save North in the Jericho escape. Then a new one got sent to kill Markus from the sniper position. Of course at that point I had fully committed to the violent rebellion to avenge Kara and Alice, so I intentionally missed all my button prompts to get thrown off the roof by Hank. At which point Connor 3 showed up once again at the final standoff with Markus. Here I was doubting whether to choose not-Connor and intentionally miss all my button prompts again, but I figured it would be more cathartic if I played as Markus kicking non-Connor's ass
I mean, the version you love and know is basically toast so :P
But he can actually get decommissioned earlier on permanently if you haven't found enough clues. As a result, Jericho never gets attacked.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Not true.

Oh snap, I wasn't aware of that.

Wasn't aware Cyberlife ain't quitting that life even if Connor deviates haha. That's interesting! Would have thought they would send RK900 in that case haha.

And yes dragonbane I forgot about that one. I always worry about that one lol.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Btw: Can you prevent
Jericho from being raided
?
Yes.
Connor needs to fail to find the location or decide not to find it. This can also happen automatically if you decided throughout the game to not chase down any of the deviants you encountered meaning you won't have enough clues anyway. As punishment CyberLife will decommission him, but Jericho is never attacked meaning Lucy survives, Kara, Alice and Luther take off together and never get separated briefly. On the way to the bus station Luther will now grab the gun from the ground and not Kara. Markus does the final decision on Jericho and not from the abandoned church. No one dies at Jericho and the entire action scene is skipped. In case Markus and Kara are also dead at this point already however, then you trigger a separate ending where the androids decide to stay in hiding until the humans eventually figure out the location themselves and raid it killing them all. Hank commits suicide and Kamski re-assumes control over CyberLife as CEO giving an ambiguous interview that hints he might be the orchestrator of the deviancy virus and will probably try again after laying low for a while

Last edited:

le-seb

Oct 31, 2017
Finally found some time this afternoon to finish my first playthrough, and I really loved the experience.
I was able to save Connor, Kara and Alice, but lost almost everybody else.

I'm still a bit bitter regarding my ending for Connor and Hank.
I let the other Connor shoot Hank, and couldn't find a way to prevent Cyberlife from controlling Connor.
Not sure whether I could have saved Hank, but I wish I could have found what to do to kill myself or something.

Really nice game.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the song that plays during this scene, where Connor and Hank investigate the house during the rain, is available anywhere?

1:19:01

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Does anyone know if the song that plays during this scene, where Connor and Hank investigate the house during the rain, is available anywhere?
It's this one:

The opening track is:

Sadly the one on the official OST is a variation that is used in later investigation chapters. It lacks the great synthwavey stuff from the first investigation. I would like to have that one too as it is one of my favourites due the perfect mood it creates, but you will probably have to wait until a game file rip becomes available

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's this one:

The opening track is:

Sadly the one on the official OST is a variation that is used in later investigation chapters. It lacks the great synthwavey stuff from the first investigation. I would like to have that one too as it is one of my favourites due the perfect mood it creates, but you will probably have to wait until a game file rip becomes available

Thank you! I really like the synth part! It's a shame it isn't in the OST version, like you mentioned :(

It's the one track from the game that made my ears perk up!