• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Zlatko mansion chapter.
OMG, my heart almost can't handle, so mush stress.

I feel you. Really great OST too. I found the whole situation painfully obvious but it still got intense nonetheless.

Agreed haha. It's so obvious (even Alice is like CAN WE NOT??) but it's so tense.

Sometimes I just
set fire to the place so I can skip the sneaking because I feel too tense to think I'll get through the stealth haha

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Wow reading some of these endings, I guess I'm pretty satisfied with mine lol
All the mains survived. Got Hank shot at the end with the fake Connor. I had to sacrifice Jerry to save Alice and Kara. North survived and we're "lovers". The guy wanting us to protest peacefully died. Luther died :(. But overall not bad. I also got the moment between Alice and her former dad at the end and that was pretty well done, I thought. I of course knew Alice was a robot but didn't really piece together that he was his replacement because the mom left with his biological daughter.

Overall, I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. The writing was much better than I thought it would be. Still some weirdness and tropey video game stuff but overall way above average. And of course it was beautiful from beginning to end, with some great performances from the actors. Minka Kelly was even decent! Didn't mind staring at Jesse Williams for a lot of the game either. :)

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
Finished the game today, loved it.

Looking forward to seeing the alternatives for missions.

Kara, Alice and Luther crossed the border sacrificing Jerry to do so
Connor became deviant and saved Hank in the process of freeing the Cyberlife androids
Markus protested peacefully and turned the nation sympathetic by kissing North (Josh survived, Simon did not)

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Just Finished my 1st playthru yesterday, boy my ending was grim, lost Markus during the March, sacrificed him, connor got pushed off a building by hank he came back and caught up with and chose not to kill north,but the Androis lost anyway, I lost luther had to throw overboard our dinghy on way to canadian boarder, tried to cross river Alice was shot eventually died in the snow on the boarder, kara lived and was sad, she got up saw headlights of a car and it ended abruptly, essentially I feel I had open endings which could kead to a sequel

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just finish the game twice-ish.
My first ending was
all pacifist, and connor remain a machine, hank suicide, and kara,luther alice escape throw the border control
The second time i replay from the eden's club and went
mostly violent with markus, connor become deviant, saved hank, and luther died in the boat

I really enjoyed the story, way more than Beyond, i whish there was an easier way to reply the game, like skip cute scenes, or some gameplay parts that can't be changed. Most parts with Kara are really bored to reply, so little to choice o made different.

Also, what;s the deal with RA9?
if you ask that guy after shoot the android he just says that it's the first one become deviant. Did i miss something else?

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completed this tonight. Easily my favourite QD game.

The production values of this game are off the charts, which is the one thing you don't find in the lower budget choose your own adventure games.

The story in this was good as well, consistent writing all the way through even if it tips into the make believe realm. All the actors were good as was voice acting.

Shame about some of the reviews but I can see most fans of these games often saying this is the best QD game.

I wonder if that change at the end to the main menu is indeed permanent? lol

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah,only 78 on metacritic is a shame.
Until Dawn has a better score (79) wtf.

Until Dawn is a great game, sets out to to what it is trying (somewhat comical horror) and isn't ashamed.

Detroit is a better game though imo. I'd say they both deserve an average of something in the 80s. Not perfect but up there as great examples of takes on modern click and point/decision making. The flow charts in Detroit are crazy. No Telltale illusion of choice here.

I played this on a 1080p Plasma and the supersampling and art style made it look insanely good. No one details set pieces quite like QD. So much attention to detail and the clean look they have in their games is arguably up there as best in class. They're slowly removing the uncanny valley effect now as well and faces, animations and voice acting are all coming together to be more natural, rather than creepy. Irony aside saying that about a game with androids that look human.

Some pacing issues in Markus sections and "videogame writing" in places could be improved, but my god the overreactions to the writing are embarrassing now that I've played the game. It goes to show what group like herding or mentality can be like just because the name David Cage is associated with a game. If this was done by another studio you'd have some different reactions from some no doubt. Or at least less of the hysteria to blow out of proportion some overused game tropes or convenient/far out writing.

For all the criticism than can be put at QD games, especially Beyond, Detroit is undoubtedly a sizeable improvement and its a shame that can't be discussed objectively in the rush by some just to tow the line of letting everyone know they hate QD and think the writing is always trash. It's definitely their best game yet.

Here is hoping QD carry on with another project like this as it's slim pickings for games with production values like this. Games like this at all even, now with Telltale gone.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the game recognized in the Game Awards, no that I expect any win and the soundtrack should have been nominated.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Finished Detroit like an hour ago....Overall I enjoyed it,but some things I didn't like tbh.

What I liked was the graphics,the music,the setting,the acting and the possibilities of the flowchart. I don't think I'll play it again anytime soon,but I'm eager to see what happened after some choices I didn't make(or failed to succeed).

What I didn't like was that the third act feels rushed,character lose their "weight" approaching the end. Also I don't mind QTE that resemble fights etc,but needing to press a button to scratch your head or was dishes,lmao things like these were unneeded slogs imo. They could have just make you "press x" to wash the dishes and watch the cutscene go on like a movie(because a movie this game is). Adding unnecessary controller inputs to meaningless scenes doesn't make it more gamey.

Another thing I noticed was that every chapter had some kind of default dialogue and then some previous choices kicked in. In particular a character didn't like me at all depending on my past choices,but on his default dialogue for example he was pretty calm and sympathetic to me. Then once the "branching" dialogue kicks in,he just goes into annoyed mode,which felt artificial. The game has many branching possibilities,but you can see through it sometimes when pieces of scenes/dialogue are stitched together.

As I said above,the endings felt rushed and some character deaths felt anticlimactic or emotionally meaningless to me despite spending much time with them in the game.

Like Hank's Death in my playthrough,he was like boom cya,game didn't even care lol

Also a certain plot twist felt very cheesy to me

Alice being an android,I was like wtf? The guy at the mansion selling android parts didn't even react to Alice as if she was an android,the only hints I remember from the game was that she didn't eat for some days. And I don't remember any hints at her father's home aside from the flashback later,but maybe I'm wrong. That plot twist felt weak imo

Oh and the fact that Jericho was hidden somehow,although it kinda got out of hand with the amount of androids coming in was like,yeah sure...

In general,I liked the game,I would never pay full price for it though. 20€ on BF was a good deal. It has replayability potential,but getting into it again right after finishing it seems very boring,since despite the branching choices,I have the central grasp of the story now and it's just not worth playing these many hours again in the near future. Maybe after some years I'll give it another playthrough,but that's it.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
It's not really a plot twist.And it makes sense.

For the endings,well it depends.There are dozen of endings.(well actually more than that).
The deaths of characters are sometimes brutal,but hey,why not?

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Got this game for £13 on Black Friday and managed to play a bit over the weekend.
The narrative started well and showed a lot of promise with the direction, but you only really empathise with Connor. The other 2 are incredibly boring.

Then, I get up to the chapter, 'The Bridge' and

Hank shoots Connor

What a pile of shit. Won't be going back to this game.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Got this game for £13 on Black Friday and managed to play a bit over the weekend.
The narrative started well and showed a lot of promise with the direction, but you only really empathise with Connor. The other 2 are incredibly boring.

Hank shoots Connor

Well that was down to you. They BFF's in my second playthroughs

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I finished this last week and liked it so much that I then went ahead and got the platinum. I've always somewhat enjoyed Quantic Dream's games, but this one is easily their best game so far. I liked all the protagonists, I was very emotionally attached to Kara and Alice, I was always on the edge of my seat trying to keep them alive. I think Connor and Hank are the best part of the game, though, their dynamic is great. I would like to solve more crimes with them.

Also, I think this game has some of my favourite chase sequences in any game, the way Connor animates and the great soundtrack that accompanies it just make it feel awesome.

I'd say though, the ending was a bit of a let-down, the latter parts of the game I felt were much weaker than the earlier parts from a story perspective.

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed it, I'll probably do another playthrough just for fun at some point. I thought I would get tired of it going through some chapters over and over again for the platinum, but I liked the characters so much, and I think it offers so many deviating paths that I would like to check most of them out.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Hank shoots Connor

Lmao. You have to try so hard to piss of
Hank
to make that happen. But you should keep going,
Connor
is a bit more resilient than the other 2 :P

I finished this last week and liked it so much that I then went ahead and got the platinum. I've always somewhat enjoyed Quantic Dream's games, but this one is easily their best game so far. I liked all the protagonists, I was very emotionally attached to Kara and Alice, I was always on the edge of my seat trying to keep them alive. I think Connor and Hank are the best part of the game, though, their dynamic is great. I would like to solve more crimes with them.

Also, I think this game has some of my favourite chase sequences in any game, the way Connor animates and the great soundtrack that accompanies it just make it feel awesome.

I'd say though, the ending was a bit of a let-down, the latter parts of the game I felt were much weaker than the earlier parts from a story perspective.

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed it, I'll probably do another playthrough just for fun at some point. I thought I would get tired of it going through some chapters over and over again for the platinum, but I liked the characters so much, and I think it offers so many deviating paths that I would like to check most of them out.

The chase scene in The Nest was bloody amazing. Probably the best in its genre, other games like Until Dawn (which I liked very much) are way more restricted in that regard. Also the final 2 hours keeping Kara, Luther and Alice alive are exhausting because the game is so relentless. One of the biggest challenges I ever had and I'm quite proud I got them all 3 to survival on my first playthrough

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The chase scene in The Nest was bloody amazing. Probably the best in its genre, other games like Until Dawn (which I liked very much) are way more restricted in that regard. Also the final 2 hours keeping Kara, Luther and Alice alive are exhausting because the game is so relentless. One of the biggest challenges I ever had and I'm quite proud I got them all 3 to survival on my first playthrough
Yeah, I was emotionally exhausted by the end. I seriously cared about the characters and couldn't let any of them die.
In the end only Luther and Simon died on my playthrough, I was really bummed out when I found that Luther has to die if you choose to not steal the tickets and take the boat instead.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I just finished my first playthrough. I got a pretty much perfect ending for Connor and Marcus, but seemingly fucked up right at the end with Kara. And now I'm quietly devastated!
I made some bad decisions on the boat I guess, because Luther and Alice ended up dying. Argh, I'm pissed off!

Think I'll play through the last chapter again and see if I can make things right this time.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished my first playthrough. I got a pretty much perfect ending for Connor and Marcus, but seemingly fucked up right at the end with Kara. And now I'm quietly devastated!
I made some bad decisions on the boat I guess, because Luther and Alice ended up dying. Argh, I'm pissed off!

Think I'll play through the last chapter again and see if I can make things right this time.
It's impossible for all 3 to survive by going by boat. You'll have to go back to a previous checkpoint and steal the bus ticket instead.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Damnit dude, you got so close! I fucked up bad with Markus on my first playthrough and got him and North shot point blank which in turn sorta messed Connor up, but I was extremely selfish as Kara and got everyone out alive out of that group at least haha. Then I saw all the flowcharts and saw that the whole final chapter can even start out quite differently

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Damnit dude, you got so close! I fucked up bad with Markus on my first playthrough and got him and North shot point blank which in turn sorta messed Connor up, but I was extremely selfish as Kara and got everyone out alive out of that group at least haha. Then I saw all the flowcharts and saw that the whole final chapter can even start out quite differently

Makes my head spin looking at the flowcharts and how much the narrative can diverge. I was browsing Youtube last night partly out of curiosity and also for some directions on how to get the Survivors trophy, and it quickly became apparent that there's some really dark shit in this game that I totally bypassed. Part of me really wants to go for the Platinum and seek out all the different routes, but at the same time it seems so overwhelming to see it all.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Makes my head spin looking at the flowcharts and how much the narrative can diverge. I was browsing Youtube last night partly out of curiosity and also for some directions on how to get the Survivors trophy, and it quickly became apparent that there's some really dark shit in this game that I totally bypassed. Part of me really wants to go for the Platinum and seek out all the different routes, but at the same time it seems so overwhelming to see it all.
It really isnt. Was the easiest to platinum. As you can go back to certain checkpoints etc. I did 2 full playthroughs and a few checkpoint restarts for the magazines.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The Platinum isn't bad actually. Originally they had you get every ending for it, like in Heavy Rain, but in testing they found out it would take wayyyy too long since they are so many. So every trophy can be gotten if you just explore some specific paths. Some crazy souls have actually 100%ed the game, aka unlocked all flowcharts to 100%, but that takes hundreds of hours I would guess.

Feb 4, 2018
Wow I am botching everything with Connor so bad. I wanted to do the whole buddy cop thing with Hank but somehow everything I say just makes him hate me more? lol I got to the bridge and
he shot me!!!!

I'm trying to turn things around though, got our relationship back to neutral. This game is also a lot darker than I expected, but I really really like it. Can't wait to finish it so I can go back and try other choices.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow I am botching everything with Connor so bad. I wanted to do the whole buddy cop thing with Hank but somehow everything I say just makes him hate me more? lol I got to the bridge and
he shot me!!!!

I'm trying to turn things around though, got our relationship back to neutral. This game is also a lot darker than I expected, but I really really like it. Can't wait to finish it so I can go back and try other choices.
Good luck :D

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
he shot me!!!!

Looool aw. :D

Feb 4, 2018
I did it!!! Just at the very end we became friends. :)

I managed to get all 3 characters to the end and I'm really happy with how everyone's stories played out, although I did lose some minor characters along the way. It's funny, I was trying to play a really good Kara, no stealing or anything, but once I got to the train station I stole a ticket from the poor family with the newborn baby. I also sacrificed Gerry because I couldn't remember who he was lmao. It's nuts how the high stakes caused me to completely alter my decision-making. Cage messed with my brain!!

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

I managed to get all 3 characters to the end and I'm really happy with how everyone's stories played out, although I did lose some minor characters along the way. It's funny, I was trying to play a really good Kara, no stealing or anything, but once I got to the train station I stole a ticket from the poor family with the newborn baby. I also sacrificed Gerry because I couldn't remember who he was lmao. It's nuts how the high stakes caused me to completely alter my decision-making. Cage messed with my brain!!
You are not alone lmao. I was good Kara all the way until Crossroads. When the time came to escape I went full selfish mode, didn't open the door for anyone, sacrificed Jerry too and also stole the ticket. I didn't wanna loose Kara so badly lmao. Turns out these decisions aren't so bad cause in most other routes you are definetly gonna loose someone important. I guess going all in fits a mother quite well after all

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

You did it!

I remained altruistic with Kara. I did take those tickets (they were humans, it was fine), but I chose to sacrifice no one at the border and it was the tensest thing ever haha. My hands were shaking during the last bits with all three characters.

Also, seems like Cage is celebrating 2m sold (fastest QD game to 2m apparently), so woop! 🙌

Feb 4, 2018
You are not alone lmao. I was good Kara all the way until Crossroads. When the time came to escape I went full selfish mode, didn't open the door for anyone, sacrificed Jerry too and also stole the ticket. I didn't wanna loose Kara so badly lmao. Turns out these decisions aren't so bad cause in most other routes you are definetly gonna loose someone important. I guess going all in fits a mother quite well after all

Honestly yeah!!! I really got into the same mindset as Kara, at a certain point I would do anything to get us all across the border.

You did it!

I remained altruistic with Kara. I did take those tickets (they were humans, it was fine), but I chose to sacrifice no one at the border and it was the tensest thing ever haha. My hands were shaking during the last bits with all three characters.

Also, seems like Cage is celebrating 2m sold (fastest QD game to 2m apparently), so woop! 🙌

Oh my goshhhh I can't even imagine sacrificing no one at the border, so tense. I didn't even try it because I turned off Alice's temperature sensitivity and couldn't turn it back on. Biggest "oh crap" moment I ever had in a game, the blood drained from my face lol.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly yeah!!! I really got into the same mindset as Kara, at a certain point I would do anything to get us all across the border.

Oh my goshhhh I can't even imagine sacrificing no one at the border, so tense. I didn't even try it because I turned off Alice's temperature sensitivity and couldn't turn it back on. Biggest "oh crap" moment I ever had in a game, the blood drained from my face lol.

It can be done!

Just have to be careful. I didn't want to sacrifice anyone. But my hands were shaking lol.

Feb 4, 2018
It can be done!

Just have to be careful. I didn't want to sacrifice anyone. But my hands were shaking lol.
I read afterward that if your public opinion is really supportive you can sacrifice no one and save everyone. I totally could have done it since I played pacifist Markus, but I was way too scared lol! My hands would have been shaking too ahhhh

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I read afterward that if your public opinion is really supportive you can sacrifice no one and save everyone. I totally could have done it since I played pacifist Markus, but I was way too scared lol! My hands would have been shaking too ahhhh

Yeah, if Markus is doing a pacifist run, you don't need to sacrifice anyone. It's mortifying when you first try it though haha.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed my first play through over the last day, what a fun experience! I should have changed to the easy difficulty for my first play through as
I fucked up the QTE for Kara crossing the highway and missed most her story LMAO!
Will definitely play some more, glad it's a fairly quick play through, lends itself well for replays. I really haven't played a game like this before hence my hesitation of paying full price, instead opting for a sale. Worth full price IMO. Feels like a "Choose your own Adventure" game amped up to a thousand.

Damn good looker too, the eyes were freaking great! Mouths were a bit hit or miss but not too distracting. Music was good, sound design nice. Loved Conner's cadence and that strut! Voice acting was really well done, great cast. While many of the gameplay elements were basic and repeating it never felt stale and didn't over stay it's welcome. I look forward to completing a couple/few more plays and delving into this thread. Good times!

Edit: Almsot forgot... Awesome OT!

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just completed my first play through over the last day, what a fun experience! I should have changed to the easy difficulty for my first play through as
I fucked up the QTE for Kara crossing the highway and missed most her story LMAO!
Will definitely play some more, glad it's a fairly quick play through, lends itself well for replays. I really haven't played a game like this before hence my hesitation of paying full price, instead opting for a sale. Worth full price IMO. Feels like a "Choose your own Adventure" game amped up to a thousand.

Damn good looker too, the eyes were freaking great! Mouths were a bit hit or miss but not too distracting. Music was good, sound design nice. Loved Conner's cadence and that strut! Voice acting was really well done, great cast. While many of the gameplay elements were basic and repeating it never felt stale and didn't over stay it's welcome. I look forward to completing a couple/few more plays and delving into this thread. Good times!

Edit: Almsot forgot... Awesome OT!
Awesome and enjoy literally an additional 3 hours worth of content or so lol