• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

Think this may be an official plush? I was talking with some friends who say it looks similar in style to the Playstation plushies made by Stubbins.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Finished the game. Wow. Ending was a bit Meh (some aspects) but game was awesome. For the first time I want to play and see other endings.

Hank died (quit police and suicide)
Markus suicides after losing the war in the streets (I did not get the grenade so I couldn't defeat the machine gun. At least that's where I guess I lost...
Kara and the girl are safe in Canada
Connor suicides after becoming the leader of the Androids and realizing he was being used

I was sure Amanda/Ciberlife was the one coordinating it all

I didn't like how the war changed from "humans winning and attacking" to "we will share the world in 2 species". The Ciberlife factory supposedly had thousands of Android's and then after you rescue them they become millions.

Kara and Alice are some of the best characters ever. I did not suspect that she was an Android till the giant first asked Kara... Should I?

I want to play one time trying the peaceful revolution.

Now I will let my GF play it, we stopped together after the zlatko mansion so there is plenty of things for her to decide differently.

Game is easily the best one by David Cage, and I loved Heavy Rain (first ever game my GF played to the end). The flowcharts are awesome and incentive you to replay. But I need to finish God of War still.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finished up yesterday. It's still fresh, but I would say that this is my favorite QD game. I'm not a huge fan of the genre but I have a soft spot for Indigo Prophecy so I try to play their new games.

The graphics, art/set design, and soundtrack are all great, as is the facial and motion capture and animation. I can't explain why, but I really connected with Kara, Alice, and Luther. Conner was great too and I made Hank my buddy. Markus sections weren't terrible but to me were the weakest and most predictable.

As for how I ended up:
- Kara, Alice, and Luther all died during the Jericho attack. This killed me, I really liked them. I went back and replayed and saved Kara and Alice but Luther still died because I didn't steal the bus tickets and thus had to take the boat. Will probably go back again and save Luther because he's my dude.
- Conner became deviant, saved Hank (and they became BFFs), and resisted the takeover by Cyberlife and thus didn't kill Markus. Found Jericho by using android parts to wake Simon back up in the evidence room. I was very sympathetic to androids the whole way through (always let them escape, never shot them) so Amanda hated me.
- As for Markus, I went the peaceful route, even though my speech at the TV station was a tad too aggressive and didn't set a peaceful tone. Simon died on the roof (should've shot that guy running away!) but North and Josh made it. Kissed North when facing death and won android freedom. Public was sympathetic.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I played the demo today and thought it was impressive stuff. Connor's voice work was really great. I am going to pick this one up soon.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My GF finished the game and even though we were very similar in most decisions, the few ones that were different led to a complete different ending:

Connor didn't become a deviant at Jericho, then killed himself in the rooftop while Markus was protesting peacefully. In the end he resisted the Cyberlife takeover and didn't kill Markus during the final speech.

Markus was almost always peaceful, but would attack when in imminent danger. In the end she got the public opinion by her side and started singing to not die. Ended up becoming victorious in the mission of freedom.

Kara, Alice and Luther got the bus ticket and then in the immigration another Android (the one you saved with Luther, I think Jerry) sacrificed himself for you to cross the checkpoint.

Even though I didn't have Luther alive, crossing the river with Alice and Kara was nicer than her Border Checkpoint ending. I just wonder if there is any part I missed earlier in the game that hints that Alice is an Android, because in both our playthroughs we only suspected it when Luther started talking about it... is the magazine about kids Android's the only thing or there is something more?

She played in Easy so all confirmation basically had O or X only as options and she would still miss 1/3 of the buttons lol (but she won all confrontations). She also got detailed risk and time information to help her through decisions, which are not always available when not playing in Easy mode. Wierd thing: she played Heavy Rain in the Hard difficulty before and didn't have a problem with more buttons... Her ending was better storywise, mine was a bit off. We both enjoyed ourselves amd this is probably the game she will tell people about when they ask if she plays my PS4 (this amd overcooked)

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I got this game because I was interested on it when I saw some video quite some time ago.

I think I got the best ending

Everyone survived, thank god! my heart was racing sometimes on some of these choices where I had to pause a little.
Played it on easy (sorry time is not something that I have a lot of these days)
Enjoyed a lot the world and story, hopefully we have a sequel !
About the characters I liked every one, I could see clearly their agenda and flaws. Really liked the Connor & Hank buddy cop dynamics, Markus agenda and Kara adventure.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I got this game because I was interested on it when I saw some video quite some time ago.

I think I got the best ending

Everyone survived, thank god! my heart was racing sometimes on some of these choices where I had to pause a little.
Played it on easy (sorry time is not something that I have a lot of these days)
Enjoyed a lot the world and story, hopefully we have a sequel !
About the characters I liked every one, I could see clearly their agenda and flaws. Really liked the Connor & Hank buddy cop dynamics, Markus agenda and Kara adventure.
You got a way better ending than me lol

In mine Kara and Alice survived, but not Luther.
Also Connor end up killing Markus.

I0m really happy that you enjoyed it :D

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You got a way better ending than me lol

In mine Kara and Alice survived, but not Luther.
Also Connor end up killing Markus.

I0m really happy that you enjoyed it :D

I totally did, I saw rumors of a potential DLC which I would be on it day one.

These types of games I usually replay them to get the other endings and choices but after seeing this ending I was really happy.

Saw those other choices on youtube and went NOPE! Some of them are really harsh, in my mind my ending is the canon one lol

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I totally did, I saw rumors of a potential DLC which I would be on it day one.

These types of games I usually replay them to get the other endings and choices but after seeing this ending I was really happy.

Saw those other choices on youtube and went NOPE! Some of them are really harsh, in my mind my ending is the canon one lol
I doubt that with the new news about QD a DLC will happen now unfortunally. I would personaly would love a Connor and Hank DLC.
Also yeah, you were really lucky with that ending lol
The later part of the game is very stressful and I end up doing some mistakes.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game. What a goddamn ride. I need to play it over the weekend. Despite my best efforts, I made all the wrong choices with Hank lol
But damn, what a great game.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
So glad you enjoyed it. I hope you did the best choices with Kara and Alice.
That was always my main concern in the game.
The only time I decided to restart a chapter was when I BADLY messed up with Kara and Alice lol
I didn't play dead and they were captured during the attack on Jericho
. I couldn't continue knowing that I screwed them up. I really felt bad about my Hank ending though, he really grew on me over the course of the game. I will go for the platinum this weekend! Quantic Dream is going multiplat right? I hope that they keep making great games. Does Heavy Rain still hold up? I feel like playing another QD game right away lol

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The only time I decided to restart a chapter was when I BADLY messed up with Kara and Alice lol
I didn't play dead and they were captured during the attack on Jericho
. I couldn't continue knowing that I screwed them up. I really felt bad about my Hank ending though, he really grew on me over the course of the game. I will go for the platinum this weekend! Quantic Dream is going multiplat right? I hope that they keep making great games. Does Heavy Rain still hold up? I feel like playing another QD game right away lol
There is still a way for them to be saved after being captured. But is really tense.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god just ended the game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it. Cried for a couple of minutes after
"Welcome to Canada".

I got the perfect ending for Kara thankfully, but had to re-do the final chapter because I messed with
Markus' QTE during the barricade confrontation

What a beautiful game. I know why some people see problematic stuff here and there, but at least the Kara story was very representative of immigrants' struggles.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Very late to this party, but it's a great one. Question for people who've figured it all out:

If you fail to solve the case as Connor in Last Chance, what happens at the Jericho? Is it not attacked? And if not, what's the impetus for Marcus to move to the final march?

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I haven't posted in this thread as of yet, but I just wanted to say wow what a great OT. Awesome job from the OP, seriously. Not many threads make me want to buy a game but this one did it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Had to bump this thread because the chapter select in this game is confusing and I can't find an answer to my question. I want to replay the game from the point I lost my first character for 'Survivors', but I wonder if the game saves choices PRIOR to the checkpoint you choose to reload. My situation is that Simon ended up on the roof and I spared him. App. he survives this if you don't seek him out as Connor, so I could restart the Connor Tower chapter and just not go to the roof. But if you pick chapter select, does the game carry over what you chose before? And is it best to pick the 'save' option if I just want the 'Survivors' trophy?

If anyone can help me out on this I'd appreciate it. I want to get the best ending, but I just want to minimize the amount of content I need to replay since you can't skip anything.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Had to bump this thread because the chapter select in this game is confusing and I can't find an answer to my question. I want to replay the game from the point I lost my first character for 'Survivors', but I wonder if the game saves choices PRIOR to the checkpoint you choose to reload. My situation is that Simon ended up on the roof and I spared him. App. he survives this if you don't seek him out as Connor, so I could restart the Connor Tower chapter and just not go to the roof. But if you pick chapter select, does the game carry over what you chose before? And is it best to pick the 'save' option if I just want the 'Survivors' trophy?

If anyone can help me out on this I'd appreciate it. I want to get the best ending, but I just want to minimize the amount of content I need to replay since you can't skip anything.
Yes, it does carry over what you had before. But you can not skip ahead afterwards. Each save you can load from the chapter menu, checkpoints inside chapters and chapters wholesale, basically contain your entire file progress up to that point. So loading any of them puts you exactly back to that point. If you enable save mode every further checkpoint you encounter will be overwritten with whatever choices you made in your current session as soon as you encounter said checkpoint again. Every checkpoint even further ahead will still contain your old playthrough until you get there again, nothing gets deleted or re-locked ever.

If you do no saving, your session is set to temporary, so you can still unlock the Survivors trophy, but if the game crashes or you quit before it pops, your progress is lost as it won't overwrite your old checkpoints in this mode.

Skipping ahead thus also doesn't work, as you would go to an old save. So you need to play from Public Enemies to the end in one go. Save mode is recommended for safety.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Yes, it does carry over what you had before. But you can not skip ahead afterwards. Each save you can load from the chapter menu, checkpoints inside chapters and chapters wholesale, basically contain your entire file progress up to that point. So loading any of them puts you exactly back to that point. If you enable save mode every further checkpoint you encounter will be overwritten with whatever choices you made in your current session as soon as you encounter said checkpoint again. Every checkpoint even further ahead will still contain your old playthrough until you get there again. If you do no saving, your session is set to temporary, so you can still unlock survivors, but if the game crashes or you quit your progress is lost as it won't overwrite your old checkpoints in this mode. Skipping ahead thus doesn't work, as you would go to an old save. So you need to play from Public Enemies to the end in one go.
I was just about to tag you lol
Thank you for helping him.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yes, it does carry over what you had before. But you can not skip ahead afterwards. Each save you can load from the chapter menu, checkpoints inside chapters and chapters wholesale, basically contain your entire file progress up to that point. So loading any of them puts you exactly back to that point. If you enable save mode every further checkpoint you encounter will be overwritten with whatever choices you made in your current session as soon as you encounter said checkpoint again. Every checkpoint even further ahead will still contain your old playthrough until you get there again, nothing gets deleted or re-locked ever.

If you do no saving, your session is set to temporary, so you can still unlock the Survivors trophy, but if the game crashes or you quit before it pops, your progress is lost as it won't overwrite your old checkpoints in this mode.

Skipping ahead thus also doesn't work, as you would go to an old save. So you need to play from Public Enemies to the end in one go. Save mode is recommended for safety.
Thanks a lot man, I was starting to get paranoid reading the chapter select descriptions so I suddenly wasn't sure anymore what would happen. If I only have to start from that point it should only take me a couple of hours.

I was thinking it'd be easy to plat this but I don't see myself going through the entire game again for the 'I'll be back' trophy, especially since you can't skip anything.

Is it weird that my favorite part of this entire game was Clancy Brown's performance? Most of them did a great job, but he stood out.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Thanks a lot man, I was starting to get paranoid reading the chapter select descriptions so I suddenly wasn't sure anymore what would happen. If I only have to start from that point it should only take me a couple of hours.

I was thinking it'd be easy to plat this but I don't see myself going through the entire game again for the 'I'll be back' trophy, especially since you can't skip anything.

Is it weird that my favorite part of this entire game was Clancy Brown's performance? Most of them did a great job, but he stood out.
Yeah it shouldn't take that long. I'll be back can be done relatively fast if you go evil and decide to kill of Kara and Connor simultaneously during On The Run. This shaves off quite a few hours of this playthrough while still getting all the relevant Connor deaths. Markus can be removed during Freedom March and then you unlock I'll be back during Night of the Soul while getting the final Connor death in Crossroads (opting for the machine Connor route which goes over in like 1 minute if Kara and Markus are already dead). The possible deaths in Battle for Detroit are not counted nor needed.

Platinum really isn't that time consuming, 100% every flowchart on the other hand is the most painful thing ever only few have completed lol (there was some plans to lock the Platinum behind it but it was dropped due taking way too long).

Clancy Brown is definetly fantastic in this. But I also found Kara and Alice to be quite endearing as Valorie Curry really gives a very heartfelt performance and the composer's work on her is my favourite.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Timely bump, as my roommate and I each played and finished the game in the last few days and have been talking about it non-stop.

I've already got the Platinum and played three complete playthroughs, but there really is nothing like my first.

- My heart was racing, but SOMEHOW I got everyone alive, even though I was sure I screwed up and surrendered Kara and Alice to the recycling camp.
- My roommate got super-close, but didn't keep the bus ticket and lost Luther, while Connor killed Simon on the roof.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Timely bump, as my roommate and I each played and finished the game in the last few days and have been talking about it non-stop.

I've already got the Platinum and played three complete playthroughs, but there really is nothing like my first.

- My heart was racing, but SOMEHOW I got everyone alive, even though I was sure I screwed up and surrendered Kara and Alice to the recycling camp.
- My roommate got super-close, but didn't keep the bus ticket and lost Luther, while Connor killed Simon on the roof.
Awesome game indeed!

It's pretty interesting how that Simon outcome is fairly rare, but we had 2 back to back posts now about people getting it

If you happen to love the OST as much as I do, I can link you a playlist if you want with all the unreleased music. Some truly great stuff there

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Awesome game indeed!

It's pretty interesting how that Simon outcome is fairly rare, but we had 2 back to back posts now about people getting it

If you happen to love the OST as much as I do, I can link you a playlist if you want with all the unreleased music. Some truly great stuff there
Certainly wouldn't say no. Blitzed through the game unlocking everything and all the music and art, and have started to learn Kara's theme on the piano, in fact.

Very impressed with the game. Had to thank my brother for such a surprisingly satisfying gift.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
In my ending I lost
Simon, Luther and Josh. I was kinda annoyed finding out there's no way you can save Luther if you have the boat path. After stealing something in the shop I promised myself I'd be an angel in front of Alice and that's what got Luther killed lol. But the main reason I'm replaying the end is because I regretted picking assault in the end. I thought the peaceful option had a good chance of ending up sideways and I was curious to see what the other path was. It was basically a QTE fest hah.

At the final chapter in the short replay and my public opinion is neutral before that choice... hope I can keep the others alive.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Certainly wouldn't say no. Blitzed through the game unlocking everything and all the music and art, and have started to learn Kara's theme on the piano, in fact.

Very impressed with the game. Had to thank my brother for such a surprisingly satisfying gift.
There you go: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3o7FNunOmIL1yyTmxY_dgMfisY44_OHL
The unused full Opening Credits track composed by Cage is pure beauty. So is the almost 8 minute version of Run With Me that's used in the game.

In my ending I lost
Simon, Luther and Josh. I was kinda annoyed finding out there's no way you can save Luther if you have the boat path. After stealing something in the shop I promised myself I'd be an angel in front of Alice and that's what got Luther killed lol. But the main reason I'm replaying the end is because I regretted picking assault in the end. I thought the peaceful option had a good chance of ending up sideways and I was curious to see what the other path was. It was basically a QTE fest hah.

At the final chapter in the short replay and my public opinion is neutral before that choice... hope I can keep the others alive.
Yeah you can make it still with neutral. Not any lower though.
I definetly prefer the demonstration by far, but what's impressive about assault is that it has a 5 minute one-take that never cuts even during QTEs which is pretty awesome

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

QuanticDReam on twitch, with David Cage & Adam Williams.
edit: And Brian and Clancy Brown.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
the interactivity on Twitch is really cool with this game,watching Jesse Cox playing it right now,and you can vote ?That's cool.