• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I will do, and will probably start from Chapter 6 as I am happy with everything prior to Kara's second episode.

Just finished it last night and honestly, I think I would've had the perfect ending had I not gotten Kara killed. It was pretty much the best ending I imagine.

Great game, really enjoyed it despite how much of it felt on rails. Conners levels were the best bits, loved the relationship building between him and the Lieutenant. Much improved story telling too. No regrets purchasing this at full price.
And now be amazed at the entire new 40% of content you are about to unlock :D

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Just got the platinum. Overall very happy with the game, definitely had a few laughs and some feels too. Hank was my favorite character, and Conner.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it the other day. It was great from the beginning to the end. A phenomenal expirience for myself.
Thanks QD!

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I just keep picturing Markus as Cole from Infamous. Even has a sling backpack

Finished it and got the good ending.

My Connor died twice and started as robotic and asshole, but his arc started in EDEN CLUB. Hank only became a friend at the very end. Felt like a movie.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Finished my first playthrough, and man I'm impressed. There are so many ways it could have gone down but I ended with probably the strongest anti-android ending with

Connor accomplishing his mission by killing the Chloe, finding the location of Jericho, killing Markus, then killing Hank, then killing North, and Kara dying while trying to escape Jericho

Once I saw things getting violent, it was up to Connor to put down the uprising at any cost, and he basically become the Terminator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I just keep picturing Markus as Cole from Infamous. Even has a sling backpack

Finished it and got the good ending.

My Connor died twice and started as robotic and asshole, but his arc started in EDEN CLUB. Hank only became a friend at the very end. Felt like a movie.
giphy.gif

Hydeus

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
France
Finished my first playthrough, and man I'm impressed. There are so many ways it could have gone down but I ended with probably the strongest anti-android ending with

Connor accomplishing his mission by killing the Chloe, finding the location of Jericho, killing Markus, then killing Hank, then killing North, and Kara dying while trying to escape Jericho

Once I saw things getting violent, it was up to Connor to put down the uprising at any cost, and he basically become the Terminator.

Wow. You're a monster.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. You're a monster.

I always accomplish my mission :)

I tried to be compassionate at first. My Markus was a pacifist and my Connor was very empathetic.

But I'd always play Connor's main priority to accomplish the mission. And then once

I got the opportunity to kill Chloe to gain information, it wasn't a hard decision to make, after considering how far it would put him ahead. What's one piece of plastic compared to the hundreds of lives at stake, both human and android?

I think many people's playthroughs will be influenced by their own morality and political stance, and attachment to the characters. I was pretty firmly in the camp of 'killing one to save one hundred', and when it came down to it, human lives were more important than android lives for me. And once I had what I needed to accomplish the mission and restore law and order, I carried it through to the end, and didn't let anyone stop me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Think I'm ready to start another playthrough. Anyone have patch notes for 1.03 and 1.04?
Detroit Become Human Update 1.04 Patch Notes

Introduced a new option to obtain a replacement for Chloe model.
Multiple crashes and progression fixes.
Various fixes to avoid player getting stuck.
Detroit Become Human patch 1.04 updated visual settings.
Added various stability improvements.
Detroit Become Human version 1.04 fixed a number of other minor issues.

Hydeus

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
France
I always accomplish my mission :)

I tried to be compassionate at first. My Markus was a pacifist and my Connor was very empathetic.

But I'd always play Connor's main priority to accomplish the mission. And then once

I got the opportunity to kill Chloe to gain information, it wasn't a hard decision to make, after considering how far it would put him ahead. What's one piece of plastic compared to the hundreds of lives at stake, both human and android?

I think many people's playthroughs will be influenced by their own morality and political stance, and attachment to the characters. I was pretty firmly in the camp of 'killing one to save one hundred', and when it came down to it, human lives were more important than android lives for me. And once I had what I needed to accomplish the mission and restore law and order, I carried it through to the end, and didn't let anyone stop me.

I like you.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started it. Love it! Not as much as Beyond but really close.

Both games shitting on Heavy Rain from a great height.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Time to add the photo mode next QD! And I want my steelbook... :(

I love how the full terminator approach is viable and fully accounted for and the game really doesn't even judge you for it. Glad you enjoyed your violent playthrough :D

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Did 1.04 fix the survey results or was it an earlier patch? I just updated, and players' favorite android choice is 45% Connor, 32% Kara (yay!), and 23% Marcus.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Did 1.04 fix the survey results or was it an earlier patch? I just updated, and players' favorite android choice is 45% Connor, 32% Kara (yay!), and 23% Marcus.

Patch 1.03 fixed it after we brought it up to the devs! They had a default 100% weight placed on the last choice of the final 3 questions which screwed up the percentages originally

rocketpunch

Dec 19, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough. I loved it! A truly great game by QD that I can recommend without reservation (unlike their previous games). I will definitely give it a second playthrough at some point. Great job, QD, this is going in my 2018 top ten list for sure.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Time to add the photo mode next QD! And I want my steelbook... :(

I love how the full terminator approach is viable and fully accounted for and the game really doesn't even judge you for it. Glad you enjoyed your violent playthrough :D

I liked that too. It was a bloodbath but it felt like a Shakespearean tragedy in all the best ways.

I was really satisfied with the part where
Connor infiltrates Jericho and confronts Markus. Markus tries to convince Connor to join him, but when he was given his final choice, my Connor's choice to go deviant was locked - I hadn't done enough over the course of the game to go against my programming.

It made perfect sense to me for how I'd played Connor up to that point. Giving him the choice at that point wouldn't have made sense and it was great to see that my previous choices had been taken into account.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Restarted and got about half way through and lost interest. Good for the first run, but Markus is not a solid lead to hold a story for a 2nd run.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it and pretty sure I got one of the worst endings possible, but it was intentional.

Screw androids and they have no right to be free ;)

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Restarted and got about half way through and lost interest. Good for the first run, but Markus is not a solid lead to hold a story for a 2nd run.
I agree his parts drag the most, but if you know what to do you can at least get through them quicker. I also liked how a lot of his chapters are cut short if you play him fully incompetent lol

Finished it and pretty sure I got one of the worst endings possible, but it was intentional.

Screw androids and they have no right to be free ;)
What's good and bad is fully in the eye of the beholder ;)

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
This game was downright emotionally manipulative at times and I groaned a few times about the parallels to African American oppression but it is indeed very well made! Great sense of direction (even if a lot of shots are a bit clichéd), by far the most impact player choices on the story. I thought Markus sequences were a bit boring. Kara's story is emotionally manipulative as fuck but the actress sells it really well, and she has some of the best chapters. Connor was awesome, both the character and the CSI crime analysis bits.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished last night. What a total shit show that third act was for me. I made some bad decisions and ended up with a terrible ending. I then compared notes with a friend and wow was his ending vastly different from mine.

Talking about the differences we encountered made me want to restart it immediately, but I've also got Yakuza 0 to play so maybe I'll let his one sit for a while.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Hm replaying with my mom (lol) and question about Connor's whole story.

I saw the picture of Hank's child but didn't bring Cole up during the bridge scene. Have I kind of lost the ability to tell Hank about his son during the "which one is the real Connor" scenario near the end?

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Hm replaying with my mom (lol) and question about Connor's whole story.

I saw the picture of Hank's child but didn't bring Cole up during the bridge scene. Have I kind of lost the ability to tell Hank about his son during the "which one is the real Connor" scenario near the end?
The Cole option still appears for answer, but not with the Unlock option. It will be like guessing.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
The Cole option still appears for answer, but not with the Unlock option. It will be like guessing.
oh good, so I'm still able to pick it. Phew.

Though I don't know if Connor will go deviant yet lol. My mom is doing most of the choices and she's all over the place. "Catch that guy, don't save Hank! Why is Connor being so evil? Spare the Tracis, be cold to Hank! Oh he has a dead son, maybe be nice to him, why is he being so mean!" Haha.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
oh good, so I'm still able to pick it. Phew.

Though I don't know if Connor will go deviant yet lol. My mom is doing most of the choices and she's all over the place. "Catch that guy, don't save Hank! Why is Connor being so evil? Spare the Tracis, be cold to Hank! Oh he has a dead son, maybe be nice to him, why is he being so mean!" Haha.
LOL
This types of games are absolutely perfect to play with someone else. I'm happy you twoare having a blast :)

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
LOL
This types of games are absolutely perfect to play with someone else. I'm happy you twoare having a blast :)

Haha yeah, it's fun. And I guess she must be enjoying it—we played for like 7 hours today lol.

My sister and I already have a plan to play with a couple of her friends to play and swap the controller around for the characters. It's a great game for that. Especially because they can change each other's stories.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Haha yeah, it's fun. And I guess she must be enjoying it—we played for like 7 hours today lol.

My sister and I already have a plan to play with a couple of her friends to play and swap the controller around for the characters. It's a great game for that. Especially because they can change each other's stories.
Have you play Until Dawn with someone else?
I played with my sister and and 50% of us scared and screaming 50% laughing.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Have you play Until Dawn with someone else?
I played with my sister and and 50% of us scared and screaming 50% laughing.

Oh yeah. A few times haha. My sister and two of my friends once, two of my other friends, and then I even got a playthrough with some buddies at work on a projector at work, which was fun :D That one is a LOT of fun with others.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

Did the track from this trailer ever make it into the full game? Don't remember hearing it.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished the game. It was my first Quantic Dream game and while I had some issues with the story I overall enjoyed it.

I got the good ending with everyone surviving by the end. Will do a run as an asshole and going for no pacifism at all with my friends in a few weeks. That will surely be fun.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

I kinda love this.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my fucking god you're a monster.

Could have at least saved Kara.

Oct 27, 2017
OK, finally finished my first playthrough. Kara and Marcus were alive at the end, but not Connor.

My playthrough was long, I felt, but the flowcharts have so many locked sections on them still. You could not necessarily guess where your choices would lead, or if they were the right ones, or good/evil ones like a RPG with good/evil morality - this game wasn't like that at all. One time I reached a path with only had a 3% worldwide stat, and it was something that impacted across multiple chapters. Impressive.

I sensed near the beginning that you might be able to play through as making "android-type" decisions, or as making "protect-humans-type" decisions, and I will do these in future playthroughs. But for this one, I decided to go with a mix of whatever came up, and was that way with Connor until the end. With Markus and Kara, at some point I had to suspend disbelief and just pick a direction for these characters and try to follow it through to the end to see where they ended up. That was fun in its own way.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
One disappointment with the game in term of moral complexity:
is it ever not the right choice to go back for someone injured? Or to sacrifice yourself ? The only cases that come close is to protect hank from the shooting Android or return the tickets to the family. Other than that everytime someone was injured it felt like the optimal choice to go back for them

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
One disappointment with the game in term of moral complexity:
is it ever not the right choice to go back for someone injured? Or to sacrifice yourself ? The only cases that come close is to protect hank from the shooting Android or return the tickets to the family. Other than that everytime someone was injured it felt like the optimal choice to go back for them
If you sacrifice yourself in the Freedom March without having the android from the Spare Parts mission or Simon as a friend you die, which is arguably not a good outcome, at least not for Markus. And as you mentioned keeping the bus tickets kills off Luther for good and increases the chance of dying a lot as Kara. There are a few minor choices as well where the nice path isn't necessarily good either for your character (e.g. sparing the broadcast operator leads to Simon getting shot in the leg, saving Luther means you can't take the detour and are forced to go through the security checkpoint). Overall the nice choices certainly are very viable, but so are a lot of the bad ones e.g. you can lead a violent revolution as Markus and still get a good ending. Usually going back for someone adds QTEs and while they are not hard, failing them would kill off your character. So that's the added challenge in a sense.

I would like a few more morally ambiguous choices in their next game, but I understand they didn't want to make it too frustrating. As it stands it is still a lot harder to get the perfect ending in Detroit than in most other games of this nature so I still give them credit for not making it super obvious/morally simple.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI

Wow. This certainly is the darkest timeline. And that's what I love about this game. When you get to the end, all the choices you made didn't lead you to a red/green/blue ending. Instead, the entire story is unique to each player. After I finished my game, I compared my trophies to my brother's list and we started out every similarly, but by the end, he was getting all different outcomes/trophies from mine. I cannot wait to go back and play this in an all-new way.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. This certainly is the darkest timeline. And that's what I love about this game. When you get to the end, all the choices you made didn't lead you to a red/green/blue ending. Instead, the entire story is unique to each player. After I finished my game, I compared my trophies to my brother's list and we started out every similarly, but by the end, he was getting all different outcomes/trophies from mine. I cannot wait to go back and play this in an all-new way.

What's great is that I didn't feel it was the 'bad ending'. It was a satisfying conclusion to how I was playing Connor throughout the game - that he had doubts about his mission but ultimately resolved to complete it at any cost.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way I can keep two games going at once? Would having two accounts on the same PS4 work?

I'm likely going to have two playthroughs with two different groups overlapping...