• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My personal "canon playthrough" now that I've finished up, and modified a few choices to my liking...

-Markus leads a peaceful protest, gaining the overwhelming support of the people. Didn't get a "happy" personal ending by any stretch of the imagination though, as Markus performed self-immolation in one last act of protest (turns out I just had to sing though? Oops...). Think I'm going to stick with this as my personal ending though, as the latter seems kind of cheesy and implausible, giving the circumstances. I felt like Markus and co. HAD to die so that the rest could live.

-Connor awakens the CyberLife androids, bringing the army to the streets. He was able to fight off CyberLife's attempt @ control and committed suicide, freeing the world from the potential New World Order disaster.

-In an earlier post I call out that my Kara playthrough had been my most straightforward. I knew from the beginning that protecting Alice is the only thing that matters. I abandoned this mindset only once, and it came towards the end - when the group encounters the mother who dropped her bus ticket by mistake. I just felt that, at that moment, Kara truly sympathized with the mother and didn't have it in her to steal the ticket. Fast-forwarding to the boat escape, Kara and Alice jump out and hide under the freezing water. They manage to survive though, and finally make it to the True North.

I really want to try some new things in my next playthough. I want a revolutionary Markus and an obedient Connor. I would say I want a Kara that's cold to Alice, but I don't think I have it in me to go that far lol.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. Fantastic game. Way better than Beyond: Two Souls.

- Kara, Alice and Luther all managed to get to Canada, super happy about it. Kara had the best storyline in the game imo. According to the world stats only 20% of players crossed the border. Suprising.
- Android won freedom for the movement (was happy I managed to do it), apparently only 45% players reached this ending, so the majority got the bad one (I assume)
- Connor became deviant, did not kill Markus at the end (blizzard storm after Amanda)
- Markus, North and Josh survived. John died when protecting Markus. Simon died on the roof
- I decided to kiss North when they were surrounded by the police/army, love beats hate, so I thought kissing North would be the best way to get out of it, not singing or sacrifice myself
- My anti-violent thoughts irl came true in the game too, happy I did not follow the violent actions for the Jericho people, but the peaceful one
- Hank never died and had a "father-son" scene with Connor at the very end of the game
- I kept the ticket, Alice comes first and my pacifict/peaceful choiced in Markus storyline in the game allowed me to not sacrifice anyone in order to enter Canada

Last edited:

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished the game. Fantastic game. Way better than Beyond: Two Souls.

- Kara, Alice and Luther all managed to get to Canada, super happy about it. Kara had the best storyline in the game imo. According to the world stats only 20% of players crossed the border. Suprising.
- Android won freedom for the movement (was happy I managed to do it), apparently only 45% players reached this ending, so the majority got the bad one (I assume)
- Connor became deviant, did not kill Markus at the end (blizzard storm after Amanda)
- Markus, North and Josh survived. John died when protecting Markus. Simon died on the roof
- I decided to kiss North when they were surrounded by the police/army, love beats hate, so I thought kissing North would be the best way to get out of it, not singing or sacrifice myself
- My anti-violent thoughts irl came true in the game too, happy I did not folow the violent actions for the Jericho people, but the peaceful one
- Hank never died and had a "father-son" scene with Connor at the very end of the game
- I kept the ticket, Alice comes first and my pacifict/peaceful choiced in Markus storyline in the game allowed me to no sacrifice anyone in order to enter Canada
Wonderful. Pretty much perfect ending apart from Simon which is minor. Gg dude

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful. Pretty much perfect ending apart from Simon which is minor. Gg dude

Thx. Ive seen a bunch of other endings on YT like

the boat ending, they die when escaping Jericho, the bad ending and so on

The other endings makes me so sad, "I love you mommy" :(, when Kara dies and Alice has to go on, when they both die in the both and tell each other that they love each other.

Goota delete those from my memory (should not have watced them on YT) and keep the ending I got where they are free in Canada

Seems like I did a good job.

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Playing again with another friend lol.

Question about Connor's story

She came into the game wanting to be deviant Connor. That's fine, but is there a point where you can lean so far into it that you can't find Jericho in Last Chance Connor?

I'm just thinking if I catch almost no deviants, am I screwed? If I only have Daniel from the beginning and the one from the radio station, will that be enough? I don't remember who needs what biocomponents.

Edit: Hmm... I think in the end, we will have
Daniel, the interrogation Android (he self-destructed in his cell after the interrogation) and someone from the radio tower, so I think we will be okay. I think that's what I had on my first go around.

Last edited:

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it for the first time:

I think I managed to get on my first play through maybe one of the best endings?

Kara + girl + Luther made it to Canada. But I had to sacrifice that one Android that I didn't recognize. Was too afraid to lose it all at the very end.

Marcus won against the soldiers through peace and that singing scene was one of the most haunting and beautiful things I have seen in games:

Connor freed the androids at cyber life but Hank died :( But his ending dialog was beautiful so I can live with it.
Also he resisted the hacking attempt at the very end. My god my heart was pounding at that scene.

I am happy

I am not sure I even wanna play the game differently again after this cause it's only going to get much much worse :)

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Godamnit my Kara & Alice died
trying to escape the ship
:( :( :(

So I should've play dead and not run away from the police?!

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying playing this with my girlfriend - having a blast.

Is there a really good 100% guide out there yet to get the platinum? After my playthrough I'd like to go back and follow a step-by-step guide to get everything done in the shortest time possible. Seems wild with so many permutations...

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Finished the game the other day. Not only is it leagues above BTS, its easily QD's best game. The first ending I got wasn't the best, but I was happy with how it played out.

I'm really impressed that most of the story worked well. A few parts were on the nose, but nothing eye-roll worthy. I'm glad there were other writers beside Cage on this one. It showed.

Production Values and Music were great too.

Gameplay wise, Connor was my favorite. Story wise, Kara and Alice were my favorite.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just got the game today. Should i be okay in this thread? Btw the gameplay is very similar to heavy rain. Will the story branching be also similar to HR?

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Just got the game today. Should i be okay in this thread? Btw the gameplay is very similar to heavy rain. Will the story branching be also similar to HR?
No need to be afraid of spoilers here.
The gameplay is kinda similar to HR, but with far far far more branching parts and way more endings and concequences.

Hope you enjoy the game :D

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Since I enjoyed Detroit so much I'm playing Heavy Rain currently. It's pretty interesting. The controls are a little silly but I'm getting used to it.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Some more nice artworks that aren't in the gallery:

antoine-boutin-v01-detroit.jpg

antoine-boutin-4.jpg

antoine-boutin-hank-s-neighborhood.jpg

antoine-boutin-11-copie.jpg

Awesome gif showcasing how one artwork came together:

antoine-boutin-24-parking-gif.gif

antoine-boutin-alice-run.jpg

Source: https://www.artstation.com/amnes

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just started this. So far Ive met Leo, got on the bus as Kara, and finished the second crime scene with Connor.

The non-main characters have bad lip sync, and I hate the detective vision mostly because I want to move in real time while using it. It's a bit annoying going to a room and needing to pan all around it in detective mode for clues, while changing camera angles.

I also feel like Im cheating, but if its designed into the game im going to have a hard time not using it. I like reconstructing events, just not looking for clues by needing to constantly pause

The UI is slick, but a more traditional objective hud wouldnt have hurt for practicability.

Really love the graphics. Every scene feels like a small set, with some awesome character models, gorgeous settings and environments, and fantastic graphics. This is why I want more Quantic Dream games, and Id love to play more AA-AAA games in this genre. Can't believe Sony isnt pumping out more with the team that made Until Dawn.

It's impressive seeing NPCs not stuck in tiny loop animations doing nothing. NPCs here feel like they are going somewhere or invested in doing something, mostly. Hoping that continues throughout. I enjoyed being a maid as Kara oddly enough. It was like the Sims lol. Curious to see where her story goes...But I wanted to do more house chores :(

Markus so far is whatever, but his character model is cool. And Connor of course is just the best.

Love the crime scenes, and Connor is just unintentionally funny. I saw how he analyzed blood, and his line delivery is entertaining. Id love some more dark comedy with him. Seems he's become a small meme too.

My assumption with the characters is that they represent 3 moral components: Kara is totally moral, Markus turns immoral, and Connor is amoral, and just doing his job.

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, so I hope this is just as exciting and nerve wracking. I know the story didnt make complete sense in Heavy Rain, but in the moment of playing on my first run, I never really noticed the plot holes.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just started this. So far Ive met Leo, got on the bus as Kara, and finished the second crime scene with Connor.

The non-main characters have bad lip sync, and I hate the detective vision mostly because I want to move in real time while using it. It's a bit annoying going to a room and needing to pan all around it in detective mode for clues, while changing camera angles.

I also feel like Im cheating, but if its designed into the game im going to have a hard time not using it. I like reconstructing events, just not looking for clues by needing to constantly pause

The UI is slick, but a more traditional objective hud wouldnt have hurt for practicability.

Really love the graphics. Every scene feels like a small set, with some awesome character models, gorgeous settings and environments, and fantastic graphics. This is why I want more Quantic Dream games, and Id love to play more AA-AAA games in this genre. Can't believe Sony isnt pumping out more with the team that made Until Dawn.

It's impressive seeing NPCs not stuck in tiny loop animations doing nothing. NPCs here feel like they are going somewhere or invested in doing something, mostly. Hoping that continues throughout. I enjoyed being a maid as Kara oddly enough. It was like the Sims lol. Curious to see where her story goes...But I wanted to do more house chores :(

Markus so far is whatever, but his character model is cool. And Connor of course is just the best.

Love the crime scenes, and Connor is just unintentionally funny. I saw how he analyzed blood, and his line delivery is entertaining. Id love some more dark comedy with him. Seems he's become a small meme too.

My assumption with the characters is that they represent 3 moral components: Kara is totally moral, Markus turns immoral, and Connor is amoral, and just doing his job.

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, so I hope this is just as exciting and nerve wracking. I know the story didnt make complete sense in Heavy Rain, but in the moment of playing on my first run, I never really noticed the plot holes.
I avoided using the detective vision as much as possible. I like finding stuff on my own but it is always how I play these games. I explore for a long long time. NPCs are super crazy in Detroit, they had a separate department just for them in the studio. It really shows. Sometimes you can watch them for like 5 minutes and they still do new stuff. The more open world sections feel super alive as a result. Like a mini GTA almost with traffic simulation and all of that. So much dialogue too on every corner.

Connor is intentionally awkward in some ways, Hank can even poke fun at it a few times. Hence he is the most beloved by far haha. He is an analogy to Norman Jayden, who was also stumbling around a lot. Markus is the weakest, but he gets some payoff at the end. If you do certain choices the game can have a final 2 hour stretch that matches the intensity of the best scenes in Heavy Rain. Much more branches too in Detroit.

Games like these are still decently expensive, but QD brings in the sales to justify making them. Maybe Until Dawn didn't but it is hard to say. Detroit seems to be a lot more successful tho so far sales wise.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck this game
Alice and Luther died. I'm so fucking angry and sad. Why the fuck did I choose the long way. I didn't saw the timer until it was too late...
And Hank died, killed by the other Connor, I choose poorly.
At least everyone on this side is alive...

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
LOL oh my god. Didn't know that would happen but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Had a group playthrough this weekend and the guy playing Markus kept screwing up some prompts. During the raid, he got Markus injured and when it came time to save North, he just wasn't able to go ("components badly damaged") and she was shot. Everyone was like NOOOOOOO because they had just become lovers.

Simon became Markus' best and only friend.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If I use select chapter, which save file will it be based on? The recent one or the base one?
You can select if to overwrite your base save starting at the point you jump in or disable saving entirely. If you finish replaying a chapter with saving enabled only the next chapter will be affected by the new decisions made, the rest remains like your original playthrough (at least until you also replay those). To see cross chapter impacts you need to play from the chapter where you made the choice to the chapter where it has an effect.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The twist with Kara was so stupid. Another Cage twist that was entirely stupid and un-needed.
It was barely a twist considering how foreshadowed it was throughout the game. It makes plenty of sense but I can understand not liking it. It's kinda required to make the endgame work scenario wise so it has a reason for being that way. For that matter I also liked the twist in Beyond. He really only half-assed the one in Heavy Rain.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Just ended the game. Probably got the best ending possible. Great experience overall. Major kudos to the amazing performances by all the actors, especially Clancy Brown.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beat the game. Absolutely loved it. I enjoyed Heavy Rain and disliked Beyond Two Souls, but this blew both away.

I definitely laughed out loud in the final Connor chapter when:

"I'm the real Connor. No I'm the real Connor"

Clancy Brown killed it.

One of the things I enjoyed most about it was that choices really did matter. I did cheat a bit though and anytime I got a choice I really didn't like, like someone dying, I reloaded and did it again.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
sooo.... pretty much everyone died at the end of my playthrough :(
I'm so sorry. You need to fix that :(

My cuteness detector just blew up.
Right!? They are the best <3

So, is there any way to decipher the book from Nest chapter?
Yea. You need to pursue Rupert during the Nest chase so his body ends up in the evidence locker. Then check the diary, probe Rupert's memories to download the encryption key and check the diary again. It contains some thoughts from him about rA9 and other stuff. On the last page Connor finds Jericho's location

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I need help, I just started the game and literally do not know wat I am doing wrong when I try to swipe the touchpad. I feel like I should be able to do this... I try swiping slow, and swiping fast. Is there a recommended motion?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Alright I need help, I just started the game and literally do not know wat I am doing wrong when I try to swipe the touchpad. I feel like I should be able to do this... I try swiping slow, and swiping fast. Is there a recommended motion?
You only need to use the touchpad very rarely. You sure this is one of those motions? It has the checkered background of the actual touchpad in the background of the prompt if it is one. If there is a dot you just need to touch it once anywhere, a static arrow means a swipe from one end of the touchpad to the opposite end decently fast. If the arrow pulsates/goes back and forth it means constantly swiping back and forth without stopping. If it doesn't react at all there is a always a chance the touchpad might be broken which can be easily confirmed by going into some textbox on the system UI and use it to type

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
You only need to use the touchpad very rarely. You sure this is one of those motions? It has the checkered background of the actual touchpad in the background of the prompt if it is one. If there is a dot you just need to touch it once anywhere, a static arrow means a swipe from one end of the touchpad to the opposite end decently fast. If the arrow pulsates/goes back and forth it means constantly swiping back and forth without stopping. If it doesn't react at all there is a always a chance the touchpad might be broken which can be easily confirmed by going into some textbox on the system UI and use it to type
It is the tutorial one where you have the controller highlighted with the touchpad, and it says to swipe right.

The dot is left of center and the arrow goes right

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Bad choices were made

Yeah lol... I love this game and the civil rights themes worked well enough for me, with a couple eeeeeh cringey moments sprinkled in there, but this is too much lol.

And I GET that the girl is probably young, has no malicious intent behind it, and you can see it's because she loves the game, loves the community she found, etc, so I can't be mad. But...bad bad choice lol. Literally anything else from the game would have been a better choice. The little cyberlife triangle! The LED (not on your head)! A fish! Anything! I feel like even "RK800" would have been okay (maybe borderline), as it's the model number, but going into the serial number is just too much.

Ah well. Maybe one day she will regret it, or maybe not. People get barcodes and number tattoos all the time, they're usually tacky. If she ever regrets it, she can slap a barcode on there and pass it off as a generic barcode tattoo.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
yeah i've seen this tatoo days ago and i was like "heeeeey that's not a good idea at all".
i don't understand why some people want a serial number as a tatoo.It's a very very bad idea.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
CRINGE.....and yeah, that wasn't the greatest idea jeez. I guess that message of the game flew completely over her head which is worrying. Literally get a tattoo of anything else, this one doesn't even look good

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish for them to do Connor/Hank DLC.

Seeing the fandom for this has been fun. I dont care if david cage doesnt hit the mark for making a good "movie" or whatever fans criticize the games for. I enjoy it all, and hope for more, even if some lines are cringey and some of the characters are cliche. I love the douche cop, the drunk detective, etc. I know fans can be critical but this is one of those games I just enjoy like a popcorn action movie.

Its great having a choice game that isnt a $15 telltale title with little variance

I am still hoping for until dawn 2. I enjoy that game's theme better.

And while I liked the robot theme and very much love connor, I think Heavy Rain was more enjoyable (loved the mystery and murders).

If I could get more Horror/Slasher and Thriller/Mystery Narration games, Id be so happy.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Bryan Dechart needs to hook Robo-Jesus up ASAP.

I love that all three main actors are streaming the game haha. It's adorable.