• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
New footage (not very spoilery)

The atmosphere is incredible man.

qepysC4.gif

8yDOe3a.gif

Looks stunning.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's spoilery, is probably the first scene of that character. Anyway, it looks amazing indeed. But i'm not surprised though, Beyond is the most impressive game graphicly wise on the last gen imo.
Based on other preview material and thinking about what Cage said about the character in said video...I don't think so tbh.

But let's not dive in too much.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Contrary to the vocal hate, Heavy Rain still got an 87, so I can see this game getting in the 85-90 range.

This is coming after UC 4 GOW Zelda 5years of Telltale Until Dawn etc...+ a fresh controversy about the studio and a 10 years old hate boner for Cage...

If this is anywhere near 80% it's a victory tbh.

So no Indian space demons then? Ah poo.

No but if you actively opt for the absolute worst actions and choices in the game, you can experience the classic "Cage" feel.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Wow it looks incredible. I never played these type of games before, so I think I'll wait for reviews.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
There's still bad dialogue in this game, don't worry.

Like Connor saying "you can't kill me, I'm not alive"
What?

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What?
What what?

He negotiates with a killer and that statement is not really wrong per se. Unlike the other characters Connor actually seems very cold-hearted to me, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of him saying that.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

What?
The problems people have with this optional line of dialog is funny to me. It's obviously dry humour poking at the fact that Connor is completely mechanical without any developed sense of personality yet at this point so it's very much sensible he would point out the logic error of the other Android threatening to "kill" him.

Why is there a giraffe in the middle of the room? lol
Cause it's his cyborg pet obviously

Probably because the owner of the apartment is an artist and this might be a part of some kind of project. Also fits in well with general Cyberpunk weirdness

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The problems people have with this optional line of dialog is funny to me. It's obviously dry humour poking at the fact that Connor is completely mechanical without any developed sense of personality yet at this point so it's very much sensible he would point out the logic error of the other Android threatening to "kill" him.

It's also a fast way to make it clear that he's an android to Daniel. I don't get the problem with this line.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If is scores 85+ there will be meltdowns. I think it will do a solid 80 at worst.

I think at this point it will depend on how long your average playthrough is.

"20-25 hours to see everything" , but if you beat it in 4 hours that's going to be a bit short, despite the branching.

That's the price of branching sadly. Hopefully they managed a decent "main story" and then added to it.

You can also get all characters killed within the first hour, but I assume this isn't "average" :p .

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Cause it's his cyborg pet obviously

Probably because the owner of the apartment is an artist and this might be a part of some kind of project. Also fits in well with general Cyberpunk weirdness

Oh, it's the room of the artists that it's the owner of Markus?

The Last of Us easter egg.

First thought, but then I was like "nah". Too obvious (yet possible)

Are you saying that you do not have an giraffe in the middle of your living room? :O

Well, not yet! :P

Oct 27, 2017
I get that, but how is dry humour supposed to help in a hostage crisis negociation? Seems like it would piss Daniel off, if anything

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but how is dry humour supposed to help in a hostage crisis negociation? Seems like it would piss Daniel off, if anything
Dry humor for us, not dry humor for Daniel.

For Daniel it's Connor pointing out that he's an android and that because he has something in common with Daniel, he should hear him out.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Choosing this path (saying this line and helping the cop) does drop his trust meter so needless to say it did piss him off, even though it probably triggers more as disobedience then dry humour to him. The latter is more a wink for the audience. But you can simply choose to comply with his demands and this line will never be uttered

Oct 27, 2017
Choosing this path (saying this line and helping the cop) does drop his trust meter so needless to say it did piss him off, even though it probably triggers more as disobedience then dry humour to him. The latter is more a wink for the audience. But you can simply choose to comply with his demands and this line will never be uttered
Makes sense

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good! We are so spoiled by the visual fidelity we're getting this gen. Took a bit of a risk preordering this so early with Target's B2G3 deal last year, but those worries have quickly faded away.