• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but skipping this one since I don't love Quantic Dream games and David Cage is a gross human being.

Don't want to derail the thread into that direction, but it's interesting how yesterday's The Last Night thread got shit up immediately by concerned users condemning the game and here none of that is happening.

I enjoyed Fahrenheit (eh, Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain was interesting, so I'm curious about this game if not else, albeit I'm not entirely convinced yet. We'll see them reviews.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
DXNeIeEVQAUeVVO
yikes

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Day one

Absolutely loved Heavy Rain, loved Beyond, trailers for this look phenomenal

This is much quicker than I thought, I hope Sony is not sending it out to die :-/

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
So we got our April and May games. What on the docket for March and where are the other things going to be landing

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much earlier then I expected. Is it too late for them too announce a first print limited edition like they had for Beyond Two Souls?

Oct 27, 2017
Will be giving that a pre-order then! Huge fan of QD hammy dialogue and all. Loved Heavy rain, Beyond was mediocre but fun enough. Out of curiosity is Days Gone also this year or 2019? If so I expect that to take a summer slot and Spider-Man to take top billing in Sony's Autumn line-up.

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this. I hope it's a return to form as I didn't think Beyond was very good but thought Heavy Rain was fantastic.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably day one though honestly I know next to nothing about this game.

All I know is I liked Heavy Rain quite a bit.

HighJump

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
This will be my first "this kind of game" (what genre is this again?). I'm looking forward to it.

Will watch on YouTube day one!

You could have been less of a dick about it, but this is the type of game I could definitely see people watching Lets Plays on YouTube and Twitch alongside their favorite personalities. That's what made Until Dawn so special to me when it released even though I never physically played it. I have it in my library from ps+ and will definitely give it a go sooner or later. That's the type of 3rd party interaction that makes me want to put down $60 for Detroit day one.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
No, it wasn't that, criticism was that for the most part the plot was really stupid

Heavy Rain had its flaws in that department, but the overall experience was still enjoyable. The problem with Beyond was to me, that due to the choice of actor it was foreseeable from the beginning who the bad guy was. To my understanding, they've hired help since then, much like Guerrilla did.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to derail the thread into that direction, but it's interesting how yesterday's The Last Night thread got shit up immediately by concerned users condemning the game and here none of that is happening.

I enjoyed Fahrenheit (eh, Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain was interesting, so I'm curious about this game if not else, albeit I'm not entirely convinced yet. We'll see them reviews.

In that scenario, the game and the creator are inseparable in a lot of ways.

With this scenario, that's not really the case, or doesn't appear to be at at moment. I'll be getting this game despite feeling really icky about it because of the things that happened and that we know about. However, this is also one of those situations where by getting the game you're still supporting the people who were affected by the toxic culture at QD.

It's a hard balancing act and I can see why someone would go either or.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
This will be my first "this kind of game" (what genre is this again?). I'm looking forward to it.
Highly-branching adventure game, same as Telltale games [but QD does it with AAA production values and with more direct controll over small actions of the characters, not just narrative and item gathering] and Until Dawn.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Day one

Absolutely loved Heavy Rain, loved Beyond, trailers for this look phenomenal

This is much quicker than I thought, I hope Sony is not sending it out to die :-/

I think it is a decent release date.
Only big game around it is Dark Souls remaster which is a completely different audience.

If they meet a good quality bar, it should sell at least decently.

There is 1000000% no way this will ever be good given Cage's sordid writing history.

Cage has other writers on this project too.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Did you never step into a kingdom come deliverance thread?

It's a conspiracy!

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 6, God of War 4 and This so close together is going to be taxing LOL!!! A very nice problem to have.

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!

This was so unexpected for me!! Day one without question. Don't need reviews, don't need impressions. Will pre order and pre load this adventure.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Day 1... if it reviews well haha. not diving in head first after beyond, but I'm hopeful this one will turn out good.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
The screens are absolutely beautiful but i don't know if i'm ready for another David Cage game, i will wait for impressions here.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
A bit surprised it's launching just before E3.

Wondering where Spiderman will slot in now with May taken.

Without a doubt, Spiderman has to be a September release in my opinion. Right before the start of the fall, or better yet right at the beginning of fall.

The Ps catalogue is quite extensive now with games I want to play. Now the decision is between getting a Pro or a regular ps4. Decisions decisions.

God of war in April and Detriot in May, two interesting games.

Oct 27, 2017

It is a young thread still early East Coast US. Most on the West are not even awake yet. It will get there, sadly (though I hope not), but why invite it?

Also outrage has moved on to two other games, but it still can swing around.

It is like predicting wether fronts now!

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I hope this is one of those 'You choices matter' games where your choices actually do matter, like Heavy Rain (and Until Dawn to a lesser extent), and not like Life is Strange and every Telltale game, where your choices do not matter at all.

Anyway, I'm hyped. Even more so now that it appears Clancy Brown and Lance Henriksen are in the game too.

There is 1000000% no way this will ever be good given Cage's sordid writing history.

Thank you for your wonderful and level-headed contributions to the thread.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In that scenario, the game and the creator are inseparable in a lot of ways.

With this scenario, that's not really the case, or doesn't appear to be at at moment. I'll be getting this game despite feeling really icky about it because of the things that happened and that we know about. However, this is also one of those situations where by getting the game you're still supporting the people who were affected by the toxic culture at QD.

It's a hard balancing act and I can see why someone would go either or.

Well, as far as we know by the devs' words, the game isn't about those themes anymore, so it's possible none of the lead's shitty views are reflected. The same way it's entirely possible Cage's shitty behaviours and such are not reflected in the game, but given how women were portrayed in previous games it's questionable.

It's a complicated task in both ways because not supporting the game on moral grounds will likely not make the leads broke, but the first to pay will be the low-level workers, so there's that.

Did you never step into a kingdom come deliverance thread?

It's a conspiracy!

Actually I never did as I'm not interested in that game. Not calling for conspiracy, just noted that pointing out that I'm not interested in derailing the thread in that way. In fact I won't.