• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to David Cage and the entire team over at Quantic Dream, I had issues with some of the poorly implemented civil rights themes, but it takes nothing away from the hard work the team poured over years to bring this game to the PlayStation faithful. Congratulations, and well deserved, to many million more sold.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Can somebody do the math to see if 1 million sold already pays for their budget?
About 50 million dollar budget including marketing. Revenue before retail cut 60 million dollar. If all copies are retail take away 30% for retail.
42 million revenue. So nearly there especially considering digital sales.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
HOLY SHIT. Heavy Rain needed close to 1.5 months to reach this milestone. Beyond 2.5 months. Huge congrats to Quantic Dream!!!
Very well deserved since it is their best game BY FAR. Combined with the increased digital revenue that didn't exist when Heavy Rain came out this game is making bank already

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_p5r2kxu80F1qfinneo1_r3_500.gif

Perfect :D

ArsGoetia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a great game, hope this game does well for them.. I really enjoy these type of games and would hate to see them not sell well!

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still plan on buying it, had a blast watching streamers play it and making terrible decisions (looking at you Aris). lol

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Good, it's a great game - I feel like the metacritic score is not really reflective, and it seems like critics were really ready to criticize its problems - which definitely exist - while not really highlighting its stengths.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
About 50 million dollar budget including marketing. Revenue before retail cut 60 million dollar. If all copies are retail take away 30% for retail.
42 million revenue. So nearly there especially considering digital sales.

Sony will take 100% with digital too, so I guess it is safe to say it is probably already profitable! Should have some great legs too, considering Heavy Rain went to sell 5+ million!

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
More proof that there's a big market for these kind of games and anyone who doesn't like them just has to deal with it.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
Well deserved, still at the start but some scenes are mindblowing on the pro with hdr.

I even shed a tear with kara storyline.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Can see them selling 2.5m by the end of the year. 4m by the end of the gen. Then we'll have to see if it gets any sort or re-release on PS5 to match Heavy Rain's 5.5m total.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Deserved. It's a great game and easily the best QD has ever made. This means it reached a million in a third of the time it took Heavy Rain, so much for those UK sales denoting doom and gloom. Pretty solid for a strictly linear SP game with no open world elements and a fair amount of vocal minority backlash.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
This is so nice to see.

The game is so underrated it's not even funny. Clearly QDs best game to date and one of the best games of the year.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The game has had good word of mouth from players and the demo with Connor helped as well I am sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't own a playstation console but watching people play this game on Twitch and YouTube has been fun. Probably one of my favourite story-based games this generation. Hope the sales continue to climb.