• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Why is that something worth sharing with the public? Is the idea that more money must meant a better game?

It seems odd when it's a game that will live or die by its writing, not how much was spent making it.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Why is that something worth sharing with the public? Is the idea that more money must meant a better game?

It seems odd when it's a game that will live or die by its writing, not how much was spent making it.
Because we get a look behind on how much some games cost? We get very little of that in this industry, whereas a lot of it in the movie industry. Also, stop thread whining.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
$37 million sounds about what I'd have expected, if a little on the lower side given the game is being made in France and has been in development for over 4 years.

AbbaZabba

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It's always important to know the context in which something was made. Shakespeare is Shakespeare, but the local Little Theater Hamlet is going to be different from Kenneth Branaugh's Hamlet, and if you were comparing the two side by side and expecting parity that wouldn't make sense. Hence, why knowing the budget of the game is interesting and even useful information.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The money is being spent on hundreds of people not just one person and it's an interesting project and I'm not sure you realize that but you are currently engaging in trolling.

I apologize if that's how I came off there, I just don't really see overly much artistic value in games by David Cage - that's just my opinion on the matter.

That opinion, of course, does not extend to all the hardworking people who make massive projects like this a reality - their work is always appreciated.

My viewpoint essentially boils down to me not appreciating the director's work, style, etc, that's all.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can someone who reads French just confirm if the title should be euros or USD?

Thanks.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait wait.

Are there really people who think any of the games made by David Cage have good writing or direction?

Jason?

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That's a whole lot of Jasons...

Do not see this scoring or selling well.
What are people basing this on? Heavy Rain LTD is over 5 million. Beyond was a million seller in its release year.

Given PS4's install base, its positioning in the year and its more interesting and accessible subject matter it'd be a massive upset for this to not do at least a couple million.

Status
Not open for further replies.