• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 12, 2017
Story heavy games will be criticized much more harshly, and seeing the themes this game deals with, it's going to be a critic bloodbath with a crap ton of divisive reviews.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
probably 75-80 which is in line for these type of games...

which is all the more confounding while games like Life Is Strange (which is of similar vein) received the critical acclaim that it did. The writing is 'neither here nor there' in LiS and the gameplay is janky as hell so i don't really understand its 85 MC.

don't think i will be there on Detroit day one as i have a giant backlog to clear but will it's definitely on my pile of 'to-buy' list.

In LiS' case, the 85 was for the whole season where it received noticably less reviews. The individual episodes received a milder response upon their release, usually in the 75-80 range you're expecting from Detroit. Whole seasons tend to get better scores because of reviewers seeing the bigger picture of the whole story, instead of playing two hours bits of the story that may or may not be satisfying as an individual piece of entertainment.

But I agree that Detroit will end up somewhere between 75-80.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm pretty sure this game will be solid 80s for the meta. It looks very interesting to say the least even if it fails here and there.

I just wonder will this sound better in French, or do they actually have a competent English cast this time? I know Beyond was okay, but this is not a game with two huge Hollywood actors either.

Heavy Rain for instance was a massively better game when played with French voice acting and English subtitles IMHO.
It is perfectly fine in English. All American cast with maybe some British extras.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still holding onto that 84 and the last couple weeks actually made me confident in my prediction. Demo was pretty amazing and preview impressions were fairly good.
In the end I'm positive this will be QDs best game yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure this game will be solid 80s for the meta. It looks very interesting to say the least even if it fails here and there.

I just wonder will this sound better in French, or do they actually have a competent English cast this time? I know Beyond was okay, but this is not a game with two huge Hollywood actors either.

Heavy Rain for instance was a massively better game when played with French voice acting and English subtitles IMHO.

It is perfectly fine in English. All American cast with maybe some British extras.
Here's the French TV spot, altough I don't know if the voices they chose for this are the same as in the game:

Mar 17, 2018
Here's the French TV spot, altough I don't know if the voices they chose for this are the same as in the game:

Thanks. Well I think the English version will at least be much better than Heavy Rain. That game to me was just not very good, but in French it was like a nice foreign film. It matched the game so much more to me. This one looks okay from what I have seen.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Played Beyond for the first time and replaying Heavy Rain so I'm all in... liked the demo and the flowchart... that said 79 MC .. just cause these games arent everyone's cup of tea...

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
I just finished the game. I am still under embargo so I can't say much about it yet sadly, but wow what a game...

By far one of the best PS4 games ever and especially one of the best and emotional stories in video game history. Can't wait to talk more about it and see what paths everyone Will take.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the game. I am still under embargo so I can't say much about it yet sadly, but wow what a game...

Nu far one of the best PS4 games ever and especially one of the best and emotional stories in video game history. Can't wait to talk more about it and see what paths everyone Will take.
Saving that for later. ;)

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York

By far one of the best PS4 games ever and especially one of the best and emotional stories in video game history. Can't wait to talk more about it and see what paths everyone Will take.

Thanks for that hype post. I'm about to go on hype mode!

Oct 27, 2017
photo-110.jpg

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Who are you reviewing it for? You only have one post lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Just want to say.. I already called 91 brehs..

No take backs for the non-believers.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Who are you reviewing it for? You only have one post lol
I was an active member on NeoGaf for more than 6 years. But only just made an account on Resetera a couple of days ago. I often rather read than discuss :)

I work for a big Belgian news website and also a gaming site. We received the review copy about five to six days ago

Jan 2, 2018

Ok wow. I did not expect that kind of reaction to the game..I honestly thought it would be a 75 game at max. Looks like I was wrong.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Thanks for your impressions.

Sounds promising :)

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i am not fan of the flowchart at the end of each chapter.
Why not at the end of the game?Or an option to remove it?

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017

Oh wow now I feeling the preorder/get it for launch hype.

UPDATE: wait since you didn't specify I'll reserve my judgement. Still, a lot of the tweets here are promising at least...

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol and everyone is taking the bait.

Cmon. Best Quantic game I can believe, but best PS4? Surely they mean graphics and not the actual game.

I'm hyped more than anyone but don't do this to yourself.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damit. I'm not done with GoW, and particularly nowhere near done with NNK2, as lately I only wanted to go through my 3rd playthrough of BB but with the expansion this time...

I was going to wait later in the summer, but if it's really that good... Dam'.
3 more days to find out...

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Just so that I don't get a ban on my first day because people think I am a troll.

Here's my review copy :)

BxRxkYi.jpg