• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I believe he says the game has more than 100m downloads and more than 60m daily active users.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Great game that only works when everyone plays their part. The illusion quickly breaks when people throw games or just constantly vote people out until they get the right one.

Had one game where the guy kept calling meetings every chance he could. We could barely move.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this will get Jack Box to open their eyes on the money their leaving on the table by their current model.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's really strange that this game has blown up so much. i feel like it barely works when playing with strangers. does everyone have 8 friends ready to go?

but it is a lot of fun if you actually do have a group.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Did streamers heavily boost these numbers or was it extremely popular already?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I swear there was a minigame in the latest Jackbox that was exactly like this game (whole impostor alien thing)

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Did streamers heavily boost these numbers or was it extremely popular already?

the game was done being updated a few months ago, they announced the sequel and then streamers picked it up and it blew up. They cancelled the sequel to focus back on the original.

Its a two years old game

Oct 25, 2017
the game was done being updated a few months ago, they announced the sequel and then streamers picked it up and it blew up. They cancelled the sequel to focus back on the original.

Its a two years old game
Was there any material of the sequel available? I wonder how it was looking. The current version has a nice 2000's era Newgrounds game feel to it, but I'd love to see it with a little more production behind it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Great game that only works when everyone plays their part. The illusion quickly breaks when people throw games or just constantly vote people out until they get the right one.

Had one game where the guy kept calling meetings every chance he could. We could barely move.

Which is why you either a) play with friends or b) create a lobby and kick these people out.

Was there any material of the sequel available? I wonder how it was looking. The current version has a nice 2000's era Newgrounds game feel to it, but I'd love to see it with a little more production behind it.

I'm also curious how the sequel would have looked, but I think the current look is perfect for the game. Its relatively simple aesthetic style also allows them to add content without spending a lot of dev time, which is a plus.

I just want them to add some alternate to the wiring task, it gets old when you have like three of them. :P

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Its a two years old game

Actually, the Sequel was announced AFTER the game blew up.

innersloth.itch.io

Among Us 2 - Among Us by Innersloth

Hi everyone! Time for a big post! First of all, thanks so much for playing and enjoying Among Us. It's been crazy to see how much more popular Among Us could be than we ever imagined. Second of all, y...

42 Days ago it was announced, then cancelled 5 days ago.

innersloth.itch.io

The Future of Among Us - Among Us by Innersloth

Hey everyone, PuffballsUnited here! It’s been a very exciting time for us the past few months! We’ve absolutely loved seeing everyone enjoying Among Us! Forte has been working hard to get the serv...

Us devs have had several long discussions about what we want to do with the game. When do we stop working on Among Us 1? What content goes into Among Us 2? The main reason we are shooting for a sequel is because the codebase of Among Us 1 is so outdated and not built to support adding so much new content. However, seeing how many people are enjoying Among Us 1 really makes us want to be able to support the game and take it to the next level. We have decided to cancel Among Us 2 and instead put all our focus into improving Among Us 1. All of the content we had planned for Among Us 2 will instead go into Among Us 1. This is probably the more difficult choice because it means going deep into the core code of the game and reworking several parts of it. We have lots of things planned and we're excited to bring new content to everyone as you continue to enjoy playing!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I swear there was a minigame in the latest Jackbox that was exactly like this game (whole impostor alien thing)
Yeah, it's Push the Button. It's a social deduction game, but the gameplay between that and Among Us are different. Push the Button has a 15 minute time limit with questions meant to weed out who the alien(s) might be. There's also only one chance to confirm a vote, and if the humans mess up, it's game over.

Among Us is more active, as players can move around, complete tasks, and the imposters can kill other players.