• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Looking at the diner video, it's in a place called Port Gellhorn, it has hills around so nowhere near south Florida. Also the diner is all English, in Miami there would be Spanish speakers all over lol, so for sure country side. The police car has the name of the port, interesting the police cars have real life phone numbers for Miami dade police, I assume that's a place holder cause they can't use real numbers in game. Now the police in that weird town has the Miami numbers so that's all wrong.

Another video shows a sign for US2 leading to Yorktown.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, this is a jackpot. Loads of world events listed here.

• Bonnie and Clyde Mystery - Barn Find
  • Abandoned Hovercraft
  • Swole Couple Workout Challenge
  • Lucia's Friends
  • Warehouse Torture

Pp9va5t.jpg

"Swole Couple Workout Challenge"

Maybe something that involves Jason and Lucia?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
They need to take advantage of this like Capcom did SF6. People so far are loving these leaks so that's a positive.
Nah, this is extremely beyond anything that's even been leaked at Capcom. This is like if the person who leaked the SF6 roster also leaked the entire game and it's assets, and the source code.

This will most likely delay the game to oblivion.

SpongeVizio

May 13, 2022
United States
Wow this is insane.
Rockstar has to comment on this on Monday, you can't ignore something like this. Hope it doesn't hurt development too much

Edit: And just as I post I see the 10K lines of the source code is up. Oh boy…

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This and gtaforums gonna be burning the midnight oil on this leak for months to come combing through any and everything for plot crumbs and I'm here for it.

Hope this leak doesn't delay the game tho :/

That hacker playing with fire dropping that they did the Uber thing too. Some real "Zero Cool" energy goin on there.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The leaker did post 10k lines of source code.

Paste.ee

A free, easy to use Pastebin.
gMOqoTG.png

is there a reason why this could cause a delay?
There's a precedent with this sort of thing with HL2. Game got delayed after the source code leak. I chalk that up to GabeN though. Take-Two being the multi-billion dollar publisher will still try to push this through the door imo. Plans most definitely will be moved around because of this but I don't think Take-Two and Rockstar can push this further than 2024/2025.

Last edited:

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
damn what im most looking forward to is just the new systems they'll have in place. you know its gonna be fucking detailed

Oct 25, 2017
This is the biggest leak I've seen in a long long time, maybe ever. Some poor bastards at Rockstar are having the shittiest Sunday.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing that source code leak is troubling to say the least. This will most likely have a huge impact on the release schedule, most likely causing a big delay.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Rockstar bout to unleash hell on earth legal wise if this is real to the perpetrators, oof. Things bout to get real dicey.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I want to play it it so bad.
Can't imagine how insane it will look upon release.
Really loving what i see here.

Do feel bad for Rockstar that a leak this big happened. But for me personally it's fascinating to see.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar bout to unleash hell on earth legal wise if this is real to the perpetrators, oof. Things bout to get real dicey.
If this is actually the same person who hacked Uber, Rockstar is the least of their worries

This person probably thought of the biggest possible game to get ahold of and drop online and this is definitely it

Nov 21, 2019
Seems like a dangerous precedent nonetheless. Even for a hacker leak this is huge, other companies are probably also looking with cold sweat.

Jun 25, 2022

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Contact hardened shadows and off screen reflections. Ray tracing am confirmed.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Game looks like it's in pretty good state in the recent videos. Wonder if it really could release next year/mid 2024

Eh that's what you get for treating employers poorly, a 10+ year development cycle, etc
Bad take when reports say they've been treated extremely well post RDR2, some even suggesting too well.

Either way, no one deserves to have this whole thing upended because of bad management.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
This is crazy and too fucking much, this week I was wondering if we would get an official teaser this year and here we are. This'll probably affect Rockstar's plans but I guess we'll see.

Everything I've seen is making me even more excited.

Oct 31, 2017
Will be sad if this tangibly hurts the game/Rockstar. Seeing potential source code leak is really shitty. I'm sure it's a five alarm fire in Rockstar atm, if not it will be before long.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this is extremely beyond anything that's even been leaked at Capcom. This is like if the person who leaked the SF6 roster also leaked the entire game and it's assets, and the source code.

This will most likely delay the game to oblivion.
Just saw that the leaker leaked 10k lines of source code, wow that's way more than I expected. Yeah this is crazy.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There's a precedent with this sort of thing with HL2. Game got delayed after the source code leak. I chalk that up to GabeN though. I don't know why GTA VI would get delayed, don't think that's something Take-Two and Rockstar can afford to do.

I don't think a delay will happen apart from an internal investigation that results in updated security precautions, the most of the actions required would not have a substantial enough amount of impact on the dev team to warrant taking time away from development. The game is still "unannounced" at this point with no specific release window estimated. Rockstar and Take Two have enough of a war chest to survive for years to come, they can just keep on making this game until we're all old and grey.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
The game looks impressive even in this early stage of development. This is going to be such a big and detailed open world.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Open source the whole thing and let's make GTA6 together. What a wild experience that would be.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Man, I can see this being a real special project once it's done, and I feel real bad for the devs :(