• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't see a thread on this. bury me in an avalanche if old

Hey @RJISAGAMER! We are wholly dedicated to supporting the live game, and made the decision to stop Steep development on the Nintendo Switch platform to focus on bringing new live content and challenges to Steep players instead. We'll have more exciting news to share soon.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Not surprised. Seems like AAA games have a lot of trouble running on Switch. Hell, some indie titles are having performance problems on the platform.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
How much time has it been since it was revealed, two years?
Not surprising in the least.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably bit off more than they can chew trying to port the game with limited resources and audience. Seemed inevitable.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This news doesn't shock me. Despite Ubisoft probably being the best third-party developer to actively support the Switch, none of their AAA titles have made the Switch.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How well did it perform on the other consoles ?
I still think it would have been a nice addition to the Switch library...bummer that they could realize it.

Maybe we get a new 1080 next year *believe*
This was always a head-scratcher, even at the announcement.
Well it was no Saints Row 3DS.... xD

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Yeah no surprise. Thought it was well known since months, weird that they waited this long to confirm it in a reply on twitter.

Edit:
How the FUCK did your brain come up with that obviously well thought out and thorough analysis?
Post history... When you jump on the first post just to post that, it's pretty obvious why and how.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Now that this game has been officially cancelled, I can state that no one was looking forward to it anyway and the lack of Steep on the Switch is no great loss. I can say this now that it isn't coming anymore.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Never got why this of all games was chosen for a Switch port. They should've done Sout Park instead, that even runs on the same engine as Mario + Rabbids.

Not surprised. Seems like AAA games have a lot of trouble running on Switch. Hell, some indie titles are having performance problems on the platform.

Snake Pass had iffy performance on PS4, what gives?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Not surprised, but BOOOOO !

I was really ready to pay full price for such a game on Switch. I loved the Beta and hold onto downloading the game on PC in favor of the announced Switch version. Well it's 70% off on Steam.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Shame, not that I was still expecting it but I was mildly interested in this when it was announced.
Never got why this of all games was chosen for a Switch port. They should've done Sout Park instead, that even runs on the same engine as Mario + Rabbids.
South Park is already on the Switch I think?
And this was probably just Ubisoft testing the waters, trying to see what genres of games would appeal to the Switch crowd. Can't blame them considering how tricky this question has been for third party publishers on Nintendo platforms in the past.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel so out of the loop when it comes to gaming anymore.

"You guys looking forward to Twanger Eternal Pro? Can't wait to see what the folks over at Spitting Spoon have come up with this time."

What? Who? I have no idea what Steep is (was?).

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
South Park is already on the Switch I think?
And this was probably just Ubisoft testing the waters, trying to see what genres of game would appeal to the Switch crowd. Can't blame them considering how tricky this question has been for third party publishers on Nintendo platforms in the past.

Yeah, it is. Could've been on the platform earlier though if Ubi would've chosen this title instead of Steep as a port, imo. If they wanted to test the waters, there's other stuff where a test might be more rational.

This is now nothing but a waste of their own resources, sadly.

It is coming/has come you know :p

Vern on point once more, next on the line : GTAV !

Yeah i know that it's on the system and Stick of Truth coming, but as i said above, it's more that they might've done a more timely release for both games if not wasting resources on Steep. ^^

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now that this game has been officially cancelled, I can state that no one was looking forward to it anyway and the lack of Steep on the Switch is no great loss. I can say this now that it isn't coming anymore.

Also it's cheap and easy to port to switch so this game getting canned had everything to do with Ubisoft not having enough funds to port it and nothing to do whats so ever difficulty of getting it to run on Switch hardware.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
IT was a strange announcement from the start, an always online game on a hybrid console, and said game was never particularly popular or well received.
Now if it was World of the Division that would have been exciting, imagine chibified agents slaughtering chibified rioters, deranged firemen and pmcs

Oct 27, 2017
Can you stop being so defensive about your favorite console? Are you not aware of the power difference between the switch and the other two? Its a perfectly reasonable hypothesis to have, and it doesnt mean people are attacking the switch just to be mean.

The Switch isn't my favorite console. All these damn assumptions, hahahahahahahaha. Yes, I am aware of the power difference, no shit, but the person's initial post was utterly full of shit and he got called out for it. It's pretty obvious.