• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
They are expanding quite fast.
Already posted I guess?

0yHy66N.png

www.linkedin.com

Deviation Games on LinkedIn: We walk our own line .

Deviation Games is THRILLED to announce Deviation Games Canada!! We’ve been working on this initiative for several months now (and keeping it super quiet BTW),…

They are growing at an insane rate.

26 open positions: https://www.linkedin.com/careersite...rk=ccp-home_pagination-link#jump-id-jobs-list

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Good for them. Really hope we see some banger MP games coming out of Sony this gen. Hopefully on PC as well.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Ubisoft Montreal is bleeding employees and Haven Studios (Jade Raymond) has took advantage of that so makes total sense for others to do the same.

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Expect more of this. Once US-based studios set up the tax and payroll infrastructure to hire Canadians, they're set up to recruit in a pretty rich environment, talent-wise.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's great to see that Sony is investing heavily in the studio, can't be cheap to operate from 2 locations. Really curious about the game's story, loved the batshit insane things Blundell did with Treyarch Zombies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
... They realize that Canada covers almost 10 millions square kilometers right? Maybe it would be nice for them to actually say where the studio is?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it won't be too long before we hear about what their project is, but given that they're only literally just getting started development wise I won't hold my breath on it being anytime soon. (Will eat crow if wrong though!)

They're obviously getting good financial support in order to do this without having released a game yet.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I do like this method of expansion that Sony's been doing with Deviation, Haven and Firewalk. Help fund a brand new team of industry vets from the ground up to build new IP. I wonder how many more of these partnerships may be in the works.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it won't be too long before we hear about what their project is, but given that they're only literally just getting started development wise I won't hold my breath on it being anytime soon. (Will eat crow if wrong though!)

They're obviously getting good financial support in order to do this without having released a game yet.
I think we'll find out something this year.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sonys going all in lol.

No seriously though hope stuff is going well for them and they drop a bomb ass game, if it's a live service game it explains the 2nd studio, the manpower to keep those games fresh with new content can be nuts.

Oct 27, 2017
I missed this first time around. Things must be going well for them if they're expanding this quickly - I wonder if this is being funded by their money from Sony or if they have investment from elsewhere.

Ubisoft Montreal is bleeding employees and Haven Studios (Jade Raymond) has took advantage of that so makes total sense for others to do the same.

Yeah, I especially think Haven will be growing really fast too. Will be interesting to see what they're working on when they're finally ready to reveal it.

A reminder that one of their executives was tasked with getting "hot chicks" for developers at BlizzCon.

When a couple of people have pointed out your error, the least you could do is remove the wrong information?

How many employees does Deviation Games currently have?

It says they have 116 employees on LinkedIn and I can't see any more up-to-date information on their website. They had ~110 employees when they announced the Sony partnership last year though so I wouldn't be surprised if that's inaccurate and the actual number is a fair bit higher.

I do like this method of expansion that Sony's been doing with Deviation, Haven and Firewalk. Help fund a brand new team of industry vets from the ground up to build new IP. I wonder how many more of these partnerships may be in the works.

Yeah, it seems to be a smart move jumping on new studios with loads of talent like this. It's also encouraging to see new AAA teams forming and still being able to (presumably) put out good products on their first attempt.