• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
From the eShop:

This edition includes all of the Special Edition content, including the ability to play as Vergil, and even includes extra bonus features exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

25% off if you have downloaded Devil May Cry or Devil May Cry 2 from the eShop.

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

Languages supported: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese.

File size: 5.0GB

Update:

Thanks to Jawmuncher for spotting.

[Additional functions for Nintendo Switch version]
"FREE STYLE" mode

switch-style1.jpg

"FREE STYLE" allows "style change" with one button. By switching styles freely during game play, even more exhilarating actions are possible.

___

That's all it lists. You do style switch by pressing the dpad buttons.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any actual confirmation on what the special exclusive features are? Namely - is active style switching 100% confirmed yet?
Capcom switch port file size inflation. Seriously, several Capcom ports have been huge (size wise) on the Switch, its why I wish they all got physical releases as as its kicking my SD cards ass with all these RE and DMC games with big file sizes.

Oct 29, 2017
Any actual confirmation on what the special exclusive features are? Namely - is active style switching 100% confirmed yet?

Capcom switch port file size inflation. Seriously, several Capcom ports have been huge (size wise) on the Switch, its why I wish they all got physical releases as as its kicking my SD cards ass with all these RE and DMC games with big file sizes.

RE4 is the biggest joke of all on Switch. The original Wii/GCN game is roughly 3-3.5GB, yet on Switch it's about 12GB for absolutely no good reason.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
RE4 is the biggest joke of all on Switch. The original Wii/GCN game is roughly 3GB, yet on Switch it's about 12GB for absolutely no good reason.
I wonder since its based on the more recent remaster if it bumped the file size up slightly, higher res maybe? But yeah, I doubt the PS4 version is that big yet its huge on Switch. Which is annoying. I love having it portable but don't love the file size.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

How RE4 Switch ended up with a file size dwarfing even the PS1/XB1 versions, I'll never know.

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder since its based on the more recent remaster if it bumped the file size up slightly, higher res maybe? But yeah, I doubt the PS4 version is that big yet its huge on Switch. Which is annoying. I love having it portable but don't love the file size.

The HD version (on all platforms) doesn't even have any redone assets outside of the HUD; all of the textures, vidoes and art assets were left untouched from the original GCN/Wii version. All of the HD versions have a huge, overinflated file size for no good reason whatsoever.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
How RE4 Switch ended up with a file size dwarfing even the PS1/XB1 versions, I'll never know.
It's the same with DMC1 and RE:Origins Collection I think. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're inflating the filezise so they have an excuse to not to put everything on a cart or use carts at all.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I read the title as "dmc1 and 2" and thought capcpom did it again. But no, they are actually being reasonable this time

Nov 18, 2017
Ahh nice i was planning on waiting for the 25% discount but if style switching gets confirmed, which seems likely, im there day 1.

Luckily i already picked up DMC1 so thanks capcom for the discount i planned on waiting for.

but yeah anyone who paid for DMC2 deserves a 50% discount ngl.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Capcom doing something for switch? I'm shook
Sorry but capcom isnt doing anything. They are just regurgitating old games on switch.

I wish they would make something new, at this point even capcoms output on wii is light years ahead of what they are doing on switch(and even that wasnt really impressive tbh)

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The HD version (on all platforms) doesn't even have any redone assets outside of the HUD; all of the textures, vidoes and art assets were left untouched from the original GCN/Wii version. All of the HD versions have a huge, overinflated file size for no good reason whatsoever.

im pretty sure pretty much all the game have higher res assets than the original. like 99% sure but i could be wrong

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but capcom isnt doing anything. They are just regurgitating old games on switch.

I wish they would make something new, at this point even capcoms output on wii is light years ahead of what they are doing on switch(and even that wasnt really impressive tbh)
That's just how low the bar is. I and a lot of other people expecting switch features (whatever they are) to be added to the other versions of the game

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Decent price and style switching make me consider this purchase. I liked it on PS2 but have kind of drifted away from beat em all in general. DMC3 was probably my favourite in the series though.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
That's just how low the bar is. I and a lot of other people expecting switch features (whatever they are) to be added to the other versions of the game
True, its at least some effort. But still you can say that resident evil darkside abd umbrella chronicles are sub par. But at least they give a new spin on the series andin the case of darkside it has at least a substantial new story arc. And lets not forget zack and wiki : )

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019

That's not true; they use the "HD" textures from the 2014 PC version. That instantly blows up the file size.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what?

"Extra features Switch Only"

Capcom baby what -is- you doing?

There is no way style switch will stay exclusive to the Switch version if that is what they are talking about. Capcom on the Switch . . . Lol . . . They wouldn't ever dream of pissing off people on consoles they actually care about.

Maybe there is a Link hat or something they added.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
There is no way style switch will stay exclusive to the Switch version if that is what they are talking about. Capcom on the Switch . . . Lol . . . They wouldn't ever dream of pissing off people on consoles they actually care about.

Stripper Dante running around with a Link hat.

Hm, might have to buy a Switch.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Costumes in the RE6 campaign is Switch exclusive and hasn't been back-ported. Don't get your hopes up.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
That's still something and it's not what they did with 3DS. I'd have paid more than usual $40 for DMC3 alone on 3DS. Hell, I did that exact thing with MGS3.
well on the 3ds they at least did an original resident evil outing, (re revelations). They build it from the ground up for 3ds and later got remastered for consoles years later

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Wouldn't dream of pissing people off? You know this is Capcom right?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It will be exclusive until they release them on PS5/Series X next year.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Square Enix had no problems doing exactly that with Dragon Quest XI.