• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

Price: $19.99 (If bought, DMC 1 and DMC 2 become 50% off)
Release Date: 2/20/2020
File Size: 5.1 GB
Store Page: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/devil-may-cry-3-special-edition-switch/

Story
Set before the events of the original Devil May Cry, this action classic sees Dante facing off against his twin brother, Vergil, who has designs on unlocking a gate to the demonic realm, to which Dante himself holds the key... Featuring selectable combat styles such as Swordmaster and Gunslinger, Devil May Cry 3 brings an extra level of strategy to the series' renowned stylish gameplay.

This edition includes all of the Special Edition content, including the ability to play as Vergil, and even includes extra bonus features exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

Switch Exclusive Features:
  • Style Switching (All gcombat styles can now be changed mid-gameplay)
  • Local Co-op Bloody palace (One player is Dante & the other Vergil)*
  • All Weapon Switching (All weapons can be switched to in-game)
*The introductory mission must be completed before you can access this feature

Screenshots

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
This party's getting crazy!

Can't wait to tackle this game again, and maybe continue on checking out DMC. XD

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Is the price discount ($14.99 if you own either DMC1 or DMC2 on switch) correct? I thought that was originally reported, but then debunked.
Also, the game size is 5.1 GB, FYI.

On topic, got my copy preloaded and ready to go. Never played DMC3, so hoping it's great.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Ready to rock!

Although I'm not looking forward to hunting down secret missions in the insipid grayness that is Temen-ni-gru.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I wonder if doing BP runs automatically maxes the characters out in terms of abilities and weapons. Or players have to unlock them by going through the game.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
I am so glad people have an official and hassle-free way to play style-switching DMC3.

In my opinion the mod used to be by far the best way to play this great game and it was a shame how people had to jump through hoops and compromises to play it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk, I was going to get Vanquish on PS4 (already did my part and bought the PS3 and later the Steam releases), but then I remembered that this game was coming out tomorrow. With style switching. And all weapons. And Bloody Palace Co-Op (god I wish DMC5 had proper co-op).

Nah, totally getting this instead. It's been years since I've played DMC3, time to go to this curazhee party

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Style switching is going to take some time getting used to. I've already died against cerberus like 6 times lol. I used to wipe the floor with him but now it's the other way around. Looks like I'm going to have to learn the game all over again and boy I sure am looking forward to it!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Okay, I picked gold anyway, so good ha ha.

2 missions in, and it's good to be back to this series. Opening just freaking rocks, and style switching is looking to be quite interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Another tip for newcomers (or people who haven't played this in awhile). In Mission 5, make sure you actually read the descriptions of the key items you pick up. Otherwise you won't know what to do.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Middle school me would laugh in my fucking face at how much I suck now. I played this so much on ps2 and need to regain my skill, I remember unlocking everything back then.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The perfect version of the perfect video game. Itsuno da gawd returns to make his masterpiece even masterpiecer. Video games are done.

Actually, just to be sure, there aren't any obvious issues with this port, right? Framerate is all good?

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It´s been almost 10 years since I played this and now I can´t wait to get home and launch it!! Let´s rock!!!

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Hey Jawmuncher, you got the file size of the game flipped. It's 5.1GB.

I'm sitting here watching the game download sooo slowly, wondering what the hell is going on. 1.5 shouldn't feel this way, I figured. And sure enough.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who only played the original non-DE version ever and only followed Swordmaster/Gunslinger paths, this is going to be a whole new experience. The fact that you don't have to replay the entire level after dying at the boss is going to be revelatory on its own.

Feb 12, 2019
Is it bad that the addition of style switching and bloody palace co-op is almost enough to make me consider purchasing DMC 3 for the 5th time? I'm even someone who will argue that DMC 3's lack of style switching is nice, because it forces you to emphasize a certain playstyle instead of having every tool at once like DMC 5 Dante (I tried to get good with Royal Guard! I really did!)

On the other hand, I'm very excited to see all the dumb videos that are going to come out from this. SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKGUNSLINGER

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
O...M...G this should be illegal!. Capcom you crazy motherfuckers. You did it!!!

This is too good, this is perfection... and it's just normal ass Mission 1!

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad that the addition of style switching and bloody palace co-op is almost enough to make me consider purchasing DMC 3 for the 5th time? I'm even someone who will argue that DMC 3's lack of style switching is nice, because it forces you to emphasize a certain playstyle instead of having every tool at once like DMC 5 Dante (I tried to get good with Royal Guard! I really did!)

On the other hand, I'm very excited to see all the dumb videos that are going to come out from this. SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKGUNSLINGER

This will actually be my sixth DMC3 purchase. Original PS2, PS2 Special Edition, PS3 HD Trilogy, PS4 HD Trilogy, PC Trilogy, and now Switch.

Bayonetta, RE4 and DMC3 all vying for that coveted "Most rebought game" title :P