• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They just typed the wrong name guys lol

Cody tweeted just a few days ago about being excited to hear the work of his co-workers on TGA with the DT performance. Capcom isn't that stupid to fire the composer instead of the vocalist.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Should have hired Little V Mills or do another song entirely. But I will wait and see how the new vocalist sounds like.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the instrumentals were fine so new vocalist will definitely help.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cody Matthew Johnson is a freelance artist, Capcom can't fire him, even by mistake.

Vocals are a big improvement but if the song and lyrics are the same its still trash

Maybe if you're highly familiar with scream metal, but personally I can't detect a single difference.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Just in case anyone forgot, the music video Capcom took down was truly a gift from the gods.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shitty song but super kudos to Capcom for doing this.

They aren't going to let anything tarnish DMC5.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I unironically like Subhuman.

It's mix and implementation in the game is a lot better yes. But the idea here is that the singer had sexual misconduct allegations (after Capcom hired him), since he was involved with a 17 year old. He then claimed he thought she was 18.

Capcom and the band got rid of him, and found a new guy to re-record the vocals.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Guys nobody cares about what you think about the song. This is about firing an asshole that thinks it's okay to be in a relationship with a 17 yr old. Who was a fan of his.

Good on Capcom and Suicide Silence for parting ways. It's only a distant bonus that Micheal Barr happens to be a better singer.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018
This guy was with Volumes? Not my favorite metal band but they have some solid stuff, way better than Suicide Silence.

lumenflower

Jan 8, 2018
NY
Guys nobody cares about what you think about the song. This is about firing an asshole that thinks it's okay to be in a relationship with a 17 yr old. Who was a fan of his.

Good on Capcom and Suicide Silence for parting ways. It's only a distant bonus that Micheal Barr happens to be a better singer.
Yep. It's awesome that they actually did something about it... I wasn't expecting this at all.

Great news.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The edited the post finally. That's one hell of a screw up lol.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Should have hired Little V Mills or do another song entirely. But I will wait and see how the new vocalist sounds like.

I'm sure that he could it do it, but they needed to stick with union workers/more established individuals. It gets into weird legal issues when larger companies try working with online content creators who are on their own.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Eddie Hermida:

"You cannot kill me....."

oreally.jpg

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that he could it do it, but they needed to stick with union workers/more established individuals. It gets into weird legal issues when larger companies try working with online content creators who are on their own.

Or have whoever composed the Cavaliere Angelo boss theme to make Dante's new theme

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had some thoughts about this song for a while and this is as good a time as any.

Capcom really fucked up the release of this song thinking that it would see the same success as Devil Trigger, but no one seemed to understand that context creates the emotions and attachments we have with music. They should've released the trailer first, like Devil Trigger, and then the cringey ass music video especially when the Devil Trigger video was just as cringey, but we had the backdrop of the trailer to take the edge off the cringe. This is not to say that Subhuman isn't shit, because it is. The arrangement is fine, but the lyrics, vocals, and mix are pretty terrible. It's the arrangement that saves it from the trash bin, which is also why I don't think Little V's cover works at all.

Truth be told, I think Cody confused DMC for DmC with this song, but Devil Trigger isn't a masterpiece either.

It's a really huge fuck up to mix up the names, the guy could sue them for defamation if he wants to.

Edit:

The lyrics themselves suck along with the instrumentals, I fully agree with you, but it was what it is, this whole thing happened because the fans didn't want a sexual predator singing Dante's theme, not because the song itself sucked and the fans decided to use the fact that the lead singer was a rapist to get it out.

Haha...if you say so.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Hermida is a better vocalist than Barr imo but really it's just the song that's the problem, not the performance. "Subhuman" is terrible compared to "Devil Trigger."

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Would have preferred they just use Little V's cover. It was an all around improvement. The original song was pretty awful regardless fo who was singing the vocals.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
Too bad Hermida was an asshole, he has an incredible voice range (mostly in all shall perish)
I don't know the new singer, I hope it's still a good Deathcore one.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Why not just release a new cover of 'devil never cry' for Dante and call it a day instead.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hermida is a better vocalist than Barr imo but really it's just the song that's the problem, not the performance. "Subhuman" is terrible compared to "Devil Trigger."
Really? The song is the only problem, not the fact that Hermida took advantage of a 17 year old girl? That's a far worse action to me the Subhuman being a bad song.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Really people are complaining about the lyrics in this DMC song. If its cheesy and sounds good that all it needs to be. To me "YOU CANNOT KILL ME" is as cheesy and DMC as "The time has come and so have I". Doesn't need to be Shakespeare.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be really curious to hear this updated version. The genre this song lives in isn't really my shtick, so the new guy's name means almost nothing to me. But at least the dude that groomed and took advantage of an underaged girl won't be signing it.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up listening to the genre of music this song is in and honestly the niche is small enough to turn off a ton of people. I can't even stand it anymore, and the original was complete trash.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Please remix the song at the very least. A new vocalist is only going to make it go from trash to bad.