• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, they're keeping Subhuman... I guess with the news of the vocalist breaking they overlooked that everyone was hating the song as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they fix up some of the lyrics... because as LittleV pointed out, a lot of them make no sense.

THE HOURS TRAPPED IN WINDOWPAIN AS IT ALL LOCKS ME IN CHAINS

THE HEARTLESS RIDE AND HAPPY THOUGHTS OF THIS CRUMBLING WORLD

and

I'LL SLASH THROUGH AND SLICE ITS SHADOW UP

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I think if you pre-order a special edition of some kind yeah. Thank god. The music in this game is awful so far.

Really ????? I understand that DT and Subhuman are cheesy AF , but the background score of this game (whatever we've heard till now) is top notch . The tracks played during goliath and CA battles are superb .

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Really? The song is the only problem, not the fact that Hermida took advantage of a 17 year old girl? That's a far worse action to me the Subhuman being a bad song.

Whoa whoa whoa hold on there. All I was saying is that the song won't be fixed by changing the vocalist. I support Capcom's decision to not use Eddie first and foremost because of his abusive, wrong sexual behavior. Please don't misunderstand.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty based on some of the Dante demos I've watched Subhuman actually works just fine in the game.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
They've now fixed the name, but at least they're trying to communicate lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Although glad and clearly the lyrics of the song are important regarding stuff in the game just like Devil Trigger

I would have much rather wanted this still

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Good, not only was the singer a scumbag, but the vocals were so grating and bad. I liked Subhuman when he wasn't singing lol.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping they would get rid of Subhuman completely, but I'm pretty sure you get to change the battle themes anyway so not a big deal.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to hear they are keeping the song. I actually dug it. Sounded fine once you saw it with gameplay.

I unironically like Subhuman.

Agreed. I also disagree with those saying it doesn't fit Dante or that the lyrics are bad. Having played the games, the songs weren't exactly musical masterpieces and I doubt that most would listen to the tracks outside of gameplay. Ironically, Devil Trigger is the outliner when it comes to DMC music. Lyrically, the song is also just as corny as Subhuman, but when has DMC ever not been corny?

I don't think the reaction would have been as severe had we seen the gameplay trailer first. They music video didn't do it any favors. I would have liked Devil Trigger significantly less had I seen its video first too.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh God, they're keeping Subhuman... I guess with the news of the vocalist breaking they overlooked that everyone was hating the song as well.
Realistically, they couldn't have swapped out the entire song on such short notice. It was a miracle that they even changed out the vocals. And even then, the instrumental is salvageable.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping for a brand new song. I'm certain they didn't go that route due to the song already being used in-game. I'm sure there were plenty of time synced events that they weren't about to redo.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Hope they fix up some of the lyrics... because as LittleV pointed out, a lot of them make no sense.

THE HOURS TRAPPED IN WINDOWPAIN AS IT ALL LOCKS ME IN CHAINS

THE HEARTLESS RIDE AND HAPPY THOUGHTS OF THIS CRUMBLING WORLD

and

I'LL SLASH THROUGH AND SLICE ITS SHADOW UP

What game are you expecting to play ?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It good to hear they are using a new vocalist but I would have rather a new song altogether, lyrics just sound like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm glad I bought the deluxe since the first chance I get I'm switching it.

I liked Subhuman when it was playing in the background of the trailer

That's only because Dante's gameplay was just so damn good. I felt the same as you but on a second re-watch that song was just so damn bad.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool of them to do. Honestly, I'm still surprised that they responded to the controversy as quickly as they did instead of the typical PR runaround. Hopefully it ends up being a better song.

YoEssay

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The song really wasn't bad. Metal suits this game extraordinarily well. I can understand why people didn't like it though cause of the guy. That's fine. Won't argue with you.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The song is fine. You'll hardly notice when battling demons to the instrumental version anyway.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
How to make "Subhuman" more enjoyable.
  1. Change the vocals.
  2. Rewrite the lyrics.
  3. Speed up the tempo.
  4. Change the song title to something less edgy and lame.
  5. Or change the whole song.
  6. Or collab with Arc System Works be and ask Daisuke Ishiwatari to compose a new theme and hire Naoki Hashimoto to do the vocals.