• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Looks gorgeous on the X

Do you need to play every single past DMC game to understand the story?

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
Ahahahah that's me playing, the guys at Gamersyde asked me if it was cool for me to be recorded XD
Please be kind, I'm not a big action games fan... but I had fun!

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Looks gorgeous on the X

No. This is Devil May Cry not Kingdom Hearts lol.

DMC1 is awesome. But old. I'd play it if you have the time. DMC3 is god-tier. Always will be. DMC4 is good, but it's a step back from 3. And I liked DmC as well (get the Definitive Edition).

Or just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
...Do you need to play every single past DMC game to understand the story?

If you have the time and want the full story, play every game: Even DMC2.

If you want the essential games, DMC3 and 4. It wouldn't take much longer to also play through DMC1 but it you can only play 2 of the games, 3 and 4 it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks gorgeous on the X

I have never played a DmC game before and this is the first one that has interested me. Though I know I just don't have time to go through any of the previous games.

I'm hoping some wikia reading and maybe some youtube cutscenes will get me rolling. I'm hoping I can find a good succinct summary online somewhere.

I don't even know the basic premise of the series, I just know this game looks fun.

Last edited:

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Jesus Christ, I really need to get an X. There's so many games I want to buy on ps4 pro but I think I just need to hold out until I get an X because these muliplats always look so fucking good now.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have never played a DmC game before and this is the first one that has interested me. Though I know I just don't have time to go through any of the previous games.

I'm hoping some wikia reading and maybe some youtube cutscenes will get me rolling. I'm hoping I can find a good succinct summary online somewhere.

I don't even know the basic premise of the series, I just know this game looks fun.
Yeah same here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This game looks magnificent in 4K. I wish the X weren't so cost prohibitive. I feel like I have to get all the nice looking multiplat games on PS4 Pro because my base model XB1 makes them look like crap. Fuuuuuuuuuu...