• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Trailer just hit, the free update is now out on PC and should be hitting other places really shortly.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cheesing it using super dante. Some of the early levels already make me wonder how I will beat them legit.

Yiorgos

Apr 22, 2018
Is bloody palace available after you finish the game? It does not show up for me even though i updated. I have not finished the game.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
No co-op seems like a huge wasted opportunity. The "online" competent in the main game feels almost pointless as it is. The few times you do actually play together, is awesome. Would have been a blast to do Bloody Palace with friends.

Oh well. Still going to enjoy it. I hope we end up getting Vergil and this rumored "Girl's Night Out" DLC.

Is bloody palace available after you finish the game? It does not show up for me even though i updated. I have not finished the game.

Yea, you must complete the game once before it unlocks on the title screen. I guess so you don't spoil bosses and what not.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
<clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Son of Sparda. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Dante Must Die. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Heaven or Hell. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Hell and Hell. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Bloody Palace. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Divergence. <clxi>A new mode has been unlocked: Online Bloody Palace

From datamining. Divergence and Online Bloody Palace? They even showed off some of the Divergence mode in play in one of the trailers.

Maybe these were concepts scrapped late in development but it was left in the game's files?

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
No co-op is incredibly disappointing. Maybe it will come later on though. It just felt like the co-op in the game was mainly built for Bloody Palace. Doing all that work to add co-op only for it be used in just a few missions seems like a huge waste of time on their end and doesn't make sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I thought the whole point of this was co-op.?

No. Bloody Palace is still awesome. It gets you straight into the meat and potatoes of what DMC is well after you've played through the campaign and it's various difficulty settings.

Bloody Palace is what kept DMC4 relevant for 11 years.

But considering the foundation of co-op was already there for the base game, putting it in for Bloody Palace seemed like an easy no brainer. Even couch-co op could have been easily doable since the Bloody Palace area works well with a full screen camera covering the entire play space.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
No. Bloody Palace is still awesome. It gets you straight into the meat and potatoes of what DMC is well after you've played through the campaign and it's various difficulty settings.

Bloody Palace is what kept DMC4 relevant for 11 years.

But considering the foundation of co-op was already there for the base game, putting it in for Bloody Palace seemed like an easy no brainer. Even couch-co op could have been easily doable since the Bloody Palace area works well with a full screen camera covering the entire play space.
I know the bloody legacy as it were.
I though Capcom advertised it as co-op. this time.
Like what is the point of all that 'multiplayer' shit if you can't even team up in the palace?

I'm so disappointed. I really am.

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Why are they showing some boss combats (in the original arenas) in the trailer? It's part of the Bloody Palace thing?

I dunno, I felt that the base game was basically Bloody Palace, especially the 2nd half, so I'm no that excited about an even more restricted mode.

Last edited:

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Why are they showing some boss combats (in the original arenas) in the trailer? It's part of the Bloody Palace thing?

I dunno, I felt that the base game was basically Bloody Palace, especially the 2nd half, so I'm no that excited about an even restricted mode.

Usually bosses are fought in their own stages, yes.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Why was anyone expecting Vergil to be playable in this update? For a game with so much DLC there's no way they were going to release a whole character for free.

Also, you have the ability to suspend your progress and continue the game at the floor you left off. That was always my problem with Bloody Palace because it takes so bloody long. Felt more like a battle of thinking whenever or not it's worth keeping the system on overnight than anything else.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
This thread's as good as any place to ask. What's the best way to deal with those spinning enemies (Chaos) when you're playing as Nero? As Dante I just shoot at them to lock them in place then whack them out of it, but Nero seems to struggle to do the same. Sometimes I seem to be able to snatch them out of it but can't do it consistently.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I know the bloody legacy as it were.
I though Capcom advertised it as co-op. this time.
Like what is the point of all that 'multiplayer' shit if you can't even team up in the palace?

I'm so disappointed. I really am.

Nope, Capcom has never once promised you multiplayer co-op, don't know where you got that idea from.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
No coop is so stupid. I just don't get it, they have the groundwork in the game, it's fun as hell and they just don't do anything with it. So much wasted potential.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
bringing such a mode in 2019(!) without online co op is pathetic and an absolute missed opportunity. for me this was the thing that could hold me playing this game but i have zero interest in playing bloody palace solo at all tbh.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Does it have any completion bonuses?
It has endings... kinda.

you get unique taunts.

This thread's as good as any place to ask. What's the best way to deal with those spinning enemies (Chaos) when you're playing as Nero? As Dante I just shoot at them to lock them in place then whack them out of it, but Nero seems to struggle to do the same. Sometimes I seem to be able to snatch them out of it but can't do it consistently.

Personally I just jump around until they break out of the spin, Nero has triple jumps to stay in the air for prolong periods.

Alternatively I think Tomboy's "railgun" attack should be powerful enough to knock them out of it. Helter Skelter's Breakage could work too just not the default attack.

Depending on whether you complete the game you might some some additional firepower added to your arsenal.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm somewhat new to the franchise and never played BP before. Is it similar to Onimushas Dark Realm? And if so what are the perks of completing levels besides orbs?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you have to beat Bloody Palace to unlock the online one. So folks don't get paired up with randoms who don't know what they're doing

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Is that what those were? I just saw the vid on YouTube.

If you saw the dancing ones that's not it.

BP has gives each character a unique taunt.

I'm somewhat new to the franchise and never played BP before. Is it similar to Onimushas Dark Realm? And if so what are the perks of completing levels besides orbs?

Yeah it's something like that.

Unique Taunts if you complete the challenge. Mostly it's used for players who just wants to get into the meat of the gameplay.

Maybe you have to beat Bloody Palace to unlock the online one. So folks don't get paired up with randoms who don't know what they're doing

Highly unlikely. Note that Capcom never once mentioned anything about online co-op, this is something people just got into their heads.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Highly unlikely. Note that Capcom never once mentioned anything about online co-op, this is something people just got into their heads.

This is just gonna make people wonder why BP wasn't included in the base game like with previous games in the series

Considering how haphazard the online is in the main story, I shouldn't have been surprise. Trying to play with a friend is hard enough on the one mission with Nero and V, we didn't even try to do the chapter with all 3 characters.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This is just gonna make people wonder why BP wasn't included in the base game like with previous games in the series

Considering how haphazard the online is in the main story, I shouldn't have been surprise. Trying to play with a friend is hard enough on the one mission with Nero and V, we didn't even try to do the chapter with all 3 characters.

What does it matter though? It's free content.

The most logical answer is that it's probably just not ready in time.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
IM confused, why were so many thinking this was going to be co-op?

like from the start it always sounded like this was going to be the same kinda bloody palace as the previous games.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
What does it matter though? It's free content.

The most logical answer is that it's probably just not ready in time.
It was though. People on PC that use mods to access the locked content have been playing it for at least 10 days.

The actual reason is Capcom have stated they don't want people trading in their games as soon as they beat them inside a few days so they're using this staggering content release to entice people to hold on to their games longer.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 50 then goofed and died pretty stupidly. bp still fun as hell but I wish stages were a lol longer before the load portal.

I know... 100 levels but still

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
IM confused, why were so many thinking this was going to be co-op?

like from the start it always sounded like this was going to be the same kinda bloody palace as the previous games.

Because data miners found lines that read bloody_palace and coop_bloody_palace (or something like that) as in different modes that unlock after certain conditions.

Also, simply because the game has a working system for coop play and does basically nothing with it in the base game. So it seemed kinda logical to expect them to use it for BP.