• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
HGbRZ1n.png

Since we got info on a lot of the models and VAs from DMC5, I thought this might be a fun thread to make. Ofc, I'll update the thread as we get more info and characters announced. So lets get to it. The Instagram links are NSFW.

Nero
HGcfVKa.jpg

Model:
Carlo Baker (Instagram)
Eng VA: Johnny Yong Bosch (Link)
JP VA: Kaito Ishikawa

Nico
HGcg7Oc.jpg

Model:
Emily Bador (Instagram)
Eng VA: Emily Bader (according to IMDB)
JP VA: Lynn (Link)

Dante
HGcie6i.jpg

Model:
Adam Cowie (Instagram)
Eng VA: Reuben Langdon (Link)
JP VA: Toshiyuki Morikawa

Lady
HGckO5M.jpg

Model:
Andrea Tivadar (Instagram)
Eng VA: Kate Higgins (Link)
JP VA: Fumiko Orikasa
Fun Fact: Andrea Tivadar is also the model for Crowe Altius from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Picture)

Trish
HGcpSwB.jpg

Model:
Ariana Damant (Instagram)
Eng VA: Unknown
JP VA: Atsuko Tanaka
Fun fact: Danielle Burgio will NOT be the voice of Trish in DMC5

Morrison
HGcpFZL.jpg

Model:
Unknown
JP VA: Akio Ohtsuka
Fun Fact: Akio Ohtsuka is Snake's JP VA

V
HGcsoku.jpg

Model:
Owen Hamze
Eng VA: Lukas Il (according to IMDB)
JP VA: Kōki Uchiyama
Fun Facts: 1) This will be Lukas' first VA work 2) Kōki Uchiyama is the voice of the main villain in My Hero Academia

Hooded Figure
HGcsIun.png

Model:
Unknown (Adam Cowie???)
Eng VA: Unknown (Daniel Southworth???)
JP VA: Unknown

Kyrie
Model:
Unknown
JP VA: Saori Hayami

Like I said before, will update the thread as we get more characters and info about them.

Last edited:

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Omg real life trish.

Morrison sounds like Dave Fennoy (Rodin) to me.

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017
jtrdburb04p11.jpg

I don't know what to think man... They need to look alike... but I don't know... Vergil in photorealistic design still a mystery to imagine

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. All those models are ridiculously good looking. I like how they manage to age Dante's lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wait, Lynn as in the P5 singer? Nice get on Capcom's part.

As for Trish, I'd imagine that her old English VA is back, but I understand not wanting to assume.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Kari Wahlgren not being back as Lady is the biggest disappointment of this game.

Her voice is too distinctive and Kate Higgins sounds too generic

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the in-game character models are fairly representative of their models except for Trish. Not that in-game Trish is bad but she is not the 10/10 model that she is in real life. Might be the pale-ish skin and hair style. She looks better in some places than others.

But a damn good looking cast all around.

Hooded figure is definitely Vergil and very likely to use the same model as Dante as they are twins.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Kari Wahlgren not being back as Lady is the biggest disappointment of this game.

Her voice is too distinctive and Kate Higgins sounds too generic
I agree but I've heard that Kari Wahlgren has become quite popular with TV shows in the ten years that have past since DMC4 so she might not consider DMC big enough anymore.

She didn't come back for 4SE either and that's why they had to switch to Kate Higgins.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kari Wahlgren has done like 500+ roles including some anime movies. It's a damn shame she couldn't return for DMC5, might have had some conflicts with other projects.

I don't think DMC5 is too beneath her, she has done video games recently including FFXV and Injustice 2.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
V's Japanese VA is the voice of Shigaraki Tomura from My Hero Academia:

HGcG4fx.png

HGcG5Ok.jpg

#DefinitelyNotaVillain

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, Capcom has always been bad with keeping voices. I'm surprised that they bothered to get Reuben and Johnny back.

If this was Square, then everyone would have come back. they are really obsessed keeping the same VA's

Copy pasted from TV tropes-

One notable example of this is Steve Burton, the English voice actor of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 Ever since he first voiced Cloud in the original Kingdom Hearts back in 2002, Steve continues to reprise the role each time Square Enix makes a video game (and a movie) with Cloud and voice acting. The reason why this is so notable, is largely because Steve Burton isn't a voice actor and his outings as Cloud Strife are his only voice acting credits.

Dissidia NT boasts a 100% role reprisal rate, with voice actors from the previous Dissidia games reprising their roles, plus returning voice actors from their respective games for the newcomers (e.g. Phil Lammar reprising Ramza after ten years). This is especially significant, since Y'shtola's voice actress is British.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emily Bador is real fucking cute. Goddang those freckles with the straight bangs are a look.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dante model is a handsome man.

I really thought Trish model was the same girl who was the face of Mia in Resident Evil 7, it looked like her.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Everybody looks great, though the changes they did to Trish's face model (lighter skin and hair, less prominent lips) make her less conventionally attractive IMO.

Nero, Nico and Dante, in particular, look ridiculously good.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dante model is a handsome man.

I really thought Trish model was the same girl who was the face of Mia in Resident Evil 7, it looked like her.
You weren't the only one, many people thought that's who she looked like originally.

It wasn't until someone compared Trish's nose and ear to the model seen in the OP that people discovered her.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused. Trish's face model is good looking and has a very unique and defined face.

But Trish looks like Wal-Mart Basic brand Becky.

What happened?

Also....Emily Bador......*bites fist*

I'l say this. She knows how to pose.....

Oct 28, 2017
emily <3

been following her on Instagram for a long time but I have to say, I did not recognize her in-game. At all.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Lynn as in the P5 singer? Nice get on Capcom's part.

As for Trish, I'd imagine that her old English VA is back, but I understand not wanting to assume.
No, P5 singer is Lyn, with single n
Plus they already got lynn on one of capcom stream in TGS and she indeed was different, if you have any doubts