• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Devil May Cry 5 Collector's Edition up for pre-order on Amazon US

Oct 25, 2017
Is the DMC crew tiny or is that one huge van? The poster looks so bad compared to the disc cover, it looses the style and attitude and looks like clip art piece.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the DMC crew tiny or is that one huge van? The poster looks so bad compared to the disc cover, it looses the style and attitude and looks like clip art piece.
Yeah, that overall picture is weird. Separate ones look good tho.

Looks like nice van.

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the things they could have put for the statue/model in a Devil May Cry 5 CE, they went with the van. Not a 1:1 Scale Devil Breaker, not Rebellion, not Sparda, not a small "Devil May Cry" Neon sign. A Van. What a waste.

Rest of the CE looks great, but it's a wasted opportunity.

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Looks cheap as hell.

No wonder it's only 120 $.
is this satire? Persona 5 Limited showed that you can make a good Collectors/Limited Edition for a relatively low price. But in essence, most of those Limited/Collectors Editions are rip offs, they are composed of promotion materials sold for too much money...the press kits are of much higher quality than the Limited/Collectors Editions and just this fact alone is shady enough.

Oct 28, 2017
The Van reminds me of those large trucks I use to get at the dollar store as a kid, it looks like shit. The other stuff is standard, I would totally hang that print on my wall and the art book is always something I like. But for 60 extra bucks? That is a big no from me. Very excited for this game though, stuff like this popping up just shows it is getting closer and closer.

Oct 25, 2017
is this satire? Persona 5 Limited showed that you can make a good Collectors/Limited Edition for a relatively low price. But in essence, most of those Limited/Collectors Editions are rip offs, they are composed of promotion materials sold for too much money...the press kits are of much higher quality than the Limited/Collectors Editions and just this fact alone is shady enough.
No, but you'd often see CEs with a bit more effort into them even at a lower price. I'm not aware about the Persona 5 one.

Here you can practically see the cheap plastic the van is made from even from the screens. The game is 60$ so that leaves the rest of 60$ split in a cheap toy, a poster, artbook, a sticker and a pin and a box.

They couldn't even add the soundtrack or a steelbook which is standard.

The Van reminds me of those large trucks I use to get at the dollar store as a kid, it looks like shit
Exactly what I was thinking lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I am looking at the toy van closer and the paint job gets more gnarly the closer it gets to the back. Could just be a perspective and lighting thing but it just adds to the ass-siness of the whole thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you're going to be the fricken mobile home as the CE's "statue" you should at least make it remote controlled and light up and shit. I still wouldn't want it, tho.

Why couldn't we just get a Dante figure like the REmake 2 CE? Tho I guess it'd probably be a Nero figure.

Oct 25, 2017
That's one huge-ass van, V looks particularly tiny close to it. Also, the van replica looks lame as all hell. A figure of one of the characters would be a boring choice, but it's still better than the van.

Exactly!
Yeah, the image is fucked up. We've seen from the videos of the game that the van is normal sized.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol that trailer looks horrendous.

Publishers need to stop with these shoddy models. Put a bigger, higher quality art book in there instead.

bunkitz

Oct 28, 2017
Wish it had a replica Devil Breaker instead of the van. Or a small Devil May Cry neon sign that we can hang on the wall.

The art book and notes, though... Definitely interested in those.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this Amazon exclusive, or will it go to retail? If it goes to retail it's definitely going to become one of those $20 CE's you can get a few months after release as retailers desperately try to get their big boxes out of their space.