• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
The dedicated nameservers for "devilmaycry5.com" were configured 10 days prior to E3, on June 1. That's a pretty major detail right there. Lines up perfectly with an announcement.

maann the confirmations just stack up...
Do we still need more teases after all this?
ayne.gif

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
As someone who has never played a Devil May Cry game but still hate DmC by proxy for various reasons, I'm happy this game is happening if only to see the people who defended DmC solely to Own The Fanboys cry about how it's not DmC 2.
arguably Sonic, Classic games > long list of modern games > Mania
you can count classic Mega Man as well
eh, I think that's different because they still made Forces, a "modern" game. There's a difference between "we're making 'classic'-style games in this series again but also still making 'modern' stuff" and "we did what was intended to be a big revamp/change in direction for the main line of this series, everyone hated it, so now we're back to doing what we did before again."

Honestly, it's not a video game but the New Coke controversy may be the best parallel here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
This belly has been empty for ten long years, but it will finally know warmth and nourishment once more. Seven days. Seven measly days until WE EATIN'.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Has there ever been a case of a game being rebooted, then the reboot gets completely ignored and main series continues on?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with Capcom bringing back franchises like DMC and Mega Man back from the dead, I wonder what are the odds of a new Dino Crisis.

OP
OP
MH MD

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has never played a Devil May Cry game but still hate DmC by proxy for various reasons, I'm happy this game is happening if only to see the people who defended DmC solely to Own The Fanboys cry about how it's not DmC 2.

eh, I think that's different because they still made Forces, a "modern" game. There's a difference between "we're making 'classic'-style games in this series again but also still making 'modern' stuff" and "we did what was intended to be a big revamp/change in direction for the main line of this series, everyone hated it, so now we're back to doing what we did before again."

Honestly, it's not a video game but the New Coke controversy may be the best parallel here.
Better examples were provided like PoP etc, also Dragon Ball Super basically ignores GT existence

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Time to party.

Hope Capcom brings their A game to this one.
This time Dante should be a tubby 12 year old and he could walk by a mirror and a white wig could fall on his head and he could be like "not in a million years" and then a black wig could fall and his head and he could be like "much better I feel way cooler now" and then he could toss his head to reveal his true pink hair and be like "jackpot baby" and then he could turn to the camera and say "I might be fat but at least I've got a big dick. Suck it Vergil!"

Oh also the game wouldn't be an action game it would be a walking simulator with stealth elements.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capgod finna win E3 with this and REmake2

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so ready for this! Please be multi-platform so it can sell as much as possible and keep going! Also RE2 Remake would be cool to see. :D

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit... after being pretty down on it cause ive waited so many years with nothing now im starting to get hype.

IT BEGINS.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Capcom/GMO also registered the domains "devilmaycry6.com", "devilmaycry8.com" and "devilmaycry9.com" all on the same day: May 18.

e79943cdd6.png

3f598791a4.png

3390d95752.png

What makes the domain for DMC5 so important is that, unlike the other numbered domains, the DMC5 domain is on dedicated servers used for actual websites, while the others are on the GMO "domain acquired" servers. This is pretty big.

Capcom was unable to register "devilmaycry7.com" as a squatter owns that domain at the present time, so they most likely went with what they could openly acquire.

Do you know if the doman for "residentevil2.com" is on a dedicated server as well? It would be a little bit more reassuring if it was used for an actual website as well.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Has there ever been a case of a game being rebooted, then the reboot gets completely ignored and main series continues on?
I mean i think this case is different, for all people repeating this.

DmC isn't made by the same team as the mainline games, its more like an alternate continuity/spin off than anything else, Itsuno has been clear on this since 4SE was announced (and before, but that time was used to hype DmC)

Its like.
Timeline A Megaman Classic series
B Battle Network.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...Capcom salvaged SFV with a great re-release that got praised, recently announced Mega Man 11 which got glowing previews a few days ago, and now they have Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry V in the pipeline.

Return of Capgod?

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Capcom/GMO also registered the domains "devilmaycry6.com", "devilmaycry8.com" and "devilmaycry9.com" all on the same day: May 18.

e79943cdd6.png

3f598791a4.png

3390d95752.png

What makes the domain for DMC5 so important is that, unlike the other numbered domains, the DMC5 domain is on dedicated servers used for actual websites, while the others are on the GMO "domain acquired" servers. This is pretty big.

Capcom was unable to register "devilmaycry7.com" as a squatter owns that domain at the present time, so they most likely went with what they could openly acquire.

Welp, there you go.

Please be good.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I mean i think this case is different, for all people repeating this.

DmC isn't made by the same team as the mainline games, its more like an alternate continuity/spin off than anything else, Itsuno has been clear on this since 4SE was announced (and before, but that time was used to hype DmC)

Its like.
Timeline A Megaman Classic series
B Battle Network.
I see, thanks for clarifying. So to be clear, the same team that worked on DMC4 is expected to return for this one?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...Capcom salvaged SFV with a great re-release that got praised, recently announced Mega Man 11 which got glowing previews a few days ago, and now they have Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry V in the pipeline.

Return of Capgod?
You forgot Monster Hunter World being one of the best games this year, with no scummy loot box BS + lots of free post-launch content. But some people like to pretend they don't know just so they can keep shitposting played out memes and misinformation. Ignore function is nice.