• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
No local multiplayer? Only online? That's a shame considering that DMC3 offered a really nice secret local coop gameplay at the end of the game.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting note about the live-action cutscenes; Apparently Capcom has filmed the actors fully decked out in their costumes for their cutscenes in the past. These weren't mere mo-cap sessions. They did this for Resident Evil 6, for example. Basically they made films of all the cutscenes. Reason? Dunno, if I had to guess it was maybe to assist the animators of the actual in-game cutscenes to get things to look right? Some of these RE6 scenes were shown off at a con once, but I've never been able to find any recordings. Now, it's entirely possible that these live action cutscenes in DMCV are just mo-cap sessions, but how cool would it be if it was instead those fully costumed sessions?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That could be a fair compromise. Is that confirmed?
It's not, there's no details on online quite yet. But I'm personally betting it's going to be not the campaign that has co-op, if only because the campaign doesn't really seem co-op friendly and more single-player geared. I think it's going to be closer to how the Resident Evil Revelations games handled online co-op, which was the story campaigns were single-player (or the first game was), then there was Raid Mode, which had online co-op. I feel the co-op hasn't been mentioned until now because it's part of an additional mode rather than part of the campaign.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing I dislike more then co-op being put in to games where it doesn't belong. It's a great way to completely change the design of the game around even for single player users.
Yeah, DMC3 was so terrible with the addition of the doppelganger style allowing for multiplayer capabilities 15 years ago. What a terrible entry in the series. It clearly completely changed the design of the game around even for single player users.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
If it's for a Raid Mode type of thing, that'd be excellent.

Something that can give truly countless hours of replay and extended value long before the campaign has been cleared several times and without changing the fundamentals of Bloody Palace (which should still be its own thing).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting note about the live-action cutscenes; Apparently Capcom has filmed the actors fully decked out in their costumes for their cutscenes in the past. These weren't mere mo-cap sessions. They did this for Resident Evil 6, for example. Basically they made films of all the cutscenes. Reason? Dunno, if I had to guess it was maybe to assist the animators of the actual in-game cutscenes to get things to look right? Some of these RE6 scenes were shown off at a con once, but I've never been able to find any recordings. Now, it's entirely possible that these live action cutscenes in DMCV are just mo-cap sessions, but how cool would it be if it was instead those fully costumed sessions?
But the face models are different from the voice actors, so how would that work?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Yeah, DMC3 was so terrible with the addition of the doppelganger style allowing for multiplayer capabilities 15 years ago. What a terrible entry in the series. It clearly completely changed the design of the game around even for single player users.

hGrUydC.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Yeah, I remember the finale being awful because you could do it multiplayer. Awful. Absolutely awful.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Live action optional?
It could be hilarious for second playthrough.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I was at one of Reuben Langdon's at a con in Dallas a few years ago, and he showed off the live action scenes from RE6. It was super interesting seeing stuff like Troy Baker cosplaying as Jake and acting out the scenes, fighting these really cheesy looking monster designs and stuff.

I always wished they'd release more of this footage for games, like the RE6 or the mocap videos from DMC3...and they're actually doing it for DMC5! This really is the dream game.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I was at one of Reuben Langdon's at a con in Dallas a few years ago, and he showed off the live action scenes from RE6. It was super interesting seeing stuff like Troy Baker cosplaying as Jake and acting out the scenes, fighting these really cheesy looking monster designs and stuff.

I always wished they'd release more of this footage for games, like the RE6 or the mocap videos from DMC3...and they're actually doing it for DMC5! This really is the dream game.
That's the one! I'm so jealous you got to see that, I always wanted to. How professional were the videos, were there full on sets and locations or just a sound stage?

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Please no multiplayer trophies. I'm going to want to platinum this game.

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing I dislike more then co-op being put in to games where it doesn't belong. It's a great way to completely change the design of the game around even for single player users.

You're bugging if you think co-op that'll likely be featured in modes outside of the main campaigns would change the game's level design.

It's not like Devil May Cry will have rooms where you have to wait for your partner to press the button at the same time to open a door. It'll likely be a lot like what Bayonetta offered.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I do wonder what the MP will be for 2-3 players maybe some kinda Invasion mechanic? Or MP only bosses/ co-op levels?

Oct 27, 2017

I honestly would fully be on board for Z-tier bitchslap tier green screen with models cosplaying and dubbed by the voice actors. It'll be hilarious.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully more like Ninja gaiden sigma 2 and less like Bayonetta 2.

Give me all the unbalanced multiple bosses Capcom. Make me rage a bit..

Oct 28, 2017
I know it isn't so, but I would absolutely love to see live action cutscenes done in a proper fashion, like tokusatsu.

Big dumb monster suits, wire work, CG effects, the lot.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh god i want to see the live action but my pre order on Amazon is at 49€

I'd ratber not cancel to go digital

Ughhhhh

Oh fuck it, you got me capcom

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the live action scenes are super cheesy and pure trash (in a so-bad-it's-good way).

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Example of the 'live action' scenes we're going to get most likely, since it says 'recorded during development.'

Yeah, seeing Langdon chew up scenery in live action is almost more fun than seeing Dante do it.
I wish they went with full-blown CG cutscenes instead of live-action but oh well.
Err, as in, intro quality CGI for the whole thing? That would be nuts. And this is just the pre-vis included as a bonus, the actual ingame cinematics are still just that, ingame :P

PrayForTabata

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Hopefully spontaneous matchmaking with randoms for those of us who lost their friends to Fortnite Zoomers Edition tbh

Oct 28, 2017
I hope co-op means LDK mode with tons of enemies so you need the second player to clear them all all out for S time at the mission summary.