• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
DngWh5-U8AUyFb5.jpg%3Alarge

Pointed out by Jett on the DMC Discord, "Network Players 2-3". It was newly added to the PS4 DMCV store page. Wonder what it is?

UPDATE: Also listed on the Xbox Store now.

My personal bet is it'll be something like the Resident Evil Revelations games, the main campaign will be single player only, but there will be an additional mode that has online co-op, like maybe Bloody Palace mode will be expanded in DMCV? Just my bets.

Also updating the thread with the live-action cutscene mention, as yes that is interesting. Further details on live-action cutscenes:

unknown.png

UPDATE 2:

Steam page confirms online co-op

dNJi44k.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/601150/Devil_May_Cry_5/

Last edited by a moderator:

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
These descriptions have been wrong before. If it's true, I hope it doesn't negatively affect the SP.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's not surprising. Probably co op like in Bayo 2 and Ninja Gaiden.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Doppelganger style in DMC3 proved that multiplayer in DMC is 125% stylish, badass, great fun.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it will be like Bayonetta's where you fight enemies but also competent against each other for points.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my Lord, that is going to be so chaotic & I'm going to love every minute of it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm assuming that this is for Bloody Palace. It'd be nuts if we could do the campaign with co-op though.

Either way, DMC5 is shaping up to be a legitimate GotY 2019 contender.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
No thanks. Was on the fence but probably won't get it now.

what. What about the inclusion of co-op/multiplayer would cast doubt in the negative direction based on everything we've seen? It's obviously going to be an utterly kickass single player game regardless.

Also, I'm predicting this to be restricted to Bloody Palace or in a Tag Climax-style mode, but having any kind of campaign co-op would be sick as hell too. Either way, I won't complain. I'm guessing it goes up to 3 players because of Nero, Dante, and V all being playable, but I'll absolutely pay for Trish and Lady as post-launch DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm open to whatever this might be. RE6-like co-op? Bloody palace co-op? Raids? I'd love to see Agent Hunt brought over from RE6.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what. What about the inclusion of co-op/multiplayer would cast doubt in the negative direction based on everything we've seen? It's obviously going to be an utterly kickass single player game regardless.

There's nothing I dislike more then co-op being put in to games where it doesn't belong. It's a great way to completely change the design of the game around even for single player users.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait let's go back to the Live Action Cutscenes.

Cause wat? They're adding Live Action Cutscenes like the old Jedi Knight games?!

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I'm unironically excited for the live action cutscenes. Genuinely hope they're overacted and corny.