• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom has been making the PC a priority platform for its business, and the results seem to be paying off. Devil May Cry 5, which launched March 8, has already beaten the new Resident Evil 2 in concurrent players on Steam, making it Capcom's second-biggest PC launch ever, after last year's Monster Hunter: World.

Resident Evil 2, which launched January 25, hit an all-time concurrent player peak of just over 74,000on Steam. In less than 48 hours, Devil May Cry has seen a peak of 88,735 concurrent players, as Twisted Voxel reports.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/devil-may-cry-5/devil-may-cry-5-player-count

On top of that game has over 7800 reviews on Steam and around 53% of those are from copies bought outside of Steam. Game has 92% positive reviews out of 3600+ reviews too (percentage is only calculated from purchases done directly on Steam).

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom is killing it on the PC.

If you told me they would be getting these numbers on the eve of adding rootkits to Street Fighter 5 years ago, I would've laughed at your face.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I saw the review numbers and yeah, they're really high for this type of game.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
That's great. Hope they keep supporting PC. I also hope they get better at it. While Devil May Cry 5 runs like a dream on my 1070, the lack of ultrawide support really stings.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
As of right now, DMC5 seems to be a good example that HD collection sales aren't a complete reflection of IP interest. DMC HD collection did well on PS3/360 but didn't seem to do much on PS4/X1/PC. However, DMC5 seems poised to probably break any expectations capcom had for it. Very interested to see what else might go through such a phase. Onimusha could fit the bill as well.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Well deserved. PC port, HDR included, all works really well. 1080Ti and 6700K and couldn't be more pleased.

Helps that the game itself fuckin shreds also I suppose =)

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ya but i am betting a lot of ppl refunded cause of the issues. i was about to for the ultrawide bullshit. but i chose not too. 88k peak, and a saturday afternoon not surpassing the initial peak says that either the playerbase beat the game or a few have refunded.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this can help convince them to release MH content simultaneously on PC. :|

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Keeping launching day and date and I'll keep buying their games on PC. Shame about the lack of 21:9 support in DMC, but it's solid otherwise.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It could have gone either way.

Resident Evil is the bigger franchise, but Action games are more popular than horror games.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
As of right now, DMC5 seems to be a good example that HD collection sales aren't a complete reflection of IP interest. DMC HD collection did well on PS3/360 but didn't seem to do much on PS4/X1/PC. However, DMC5 seems poised to probably break any expectations capcom had for it. Very interested to see what else might go through such a phase. Onimusha could fit the bill as well.
Well those were way old games, the HD collections on PS4 are mostly the same as PS3 and just released as marketing for 5.
Better way to gather interest is in DmC DE and DMC 4 SE

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Capcom has come far from the old days of RE4 and DMC3 PC ports which were abysmal.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved, I wish the others would learn how to optimize their games.. Man, the game is running quietly on my laptop while everything on max on 1080p with stable 60 fps, all that using only one GPU!

Oct 28, 2017
Devil May Cry 5 is the first truly great action game of the generation that's multiplat. Yea PS4 got Bloodborne and God of War but the rest of us have been waiting for a game like this for a long time. Not surprised that it's shaping up to be a huge success.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hopefully they'll keep this up and release games on PC day and date from now on. Seeing Capcom coming back makes me happy.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see Devil May Cry is doing well. I'm guessing this will be easily the best selling in the series.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
that's cause DMC5 PC is eventually gonna mod in turbo mode, devil breaker switching and bloody palace no timer.

right? RIGHT?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
to think they wasted so much time with the saga ...

thankfully now it seems they have someone that knows what the fuck he is doing at the helm..did they change ceo in the last couple years?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Difficult games that encourage skill based game play are big on PC. Dark Souls 3 also sold very well on PC. Well they're not overly difficult, but harder than the average game nowadays.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up and been playing since the morning on PC. On Mission 3 and it's phenomenal. I'm shit at the combos but whatever. Also running at 100+ frames with everything turned up warms me heart. Also makes me realize I should definitely get RE2 remake on PC if DMC5 runs this great for me.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a good time to remove the denuovo cancer from the game huh

Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up and been playing since the morning on PC. On Mission 3 and it's phenomenal. I'm shit at the combos but whatever. Also running at 100+ frames with everything turned up warms me heart. Also makes me realize I should definitely get RE2 remake on PC if DMC5 runs this great for me.
The good thing about these games is that there's always more to learn even if you don't know how to combo properly at the start or whatever. You can always come back to the game and learn something new forever, and before you know it you'll be really good as a byproduct of that.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I am genuinely and pleasantly surprised. I had no idea that character action games were that popular on PC.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

IIRC didn't DmC remaster outsell the Devil May Cry 4 remaster as well? I recall seeing that somewhere.

Gosh that Steam monopoly eh...

These are stores that sell Steam keys like Greenman Gaming and the like.