• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace

1554734729590-0741ZJYRRXMIIDYOLQ47

Steamforged Games is delighted today to announce an exciting new partnership with Capcom to bring the genre-defining and action-filled Devil May Cry™ experience to the realm of board games. Building on the success of the award-winning Dark Souls™: The Board Game, the critically acclaimed Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game, as well as a highly successful campaign for Horizon Zero Dawn™: The Board Game, Steamforged Games will be launching Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace via Kickstarter campaign in Spring (Q2), 2019.

Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace is an easy to learn, fast-paced, and dynamic experience where style counts for everything. Take control of one of Devil May Cry™'s iconic demon hunters, Dante, Nero, Trish, or even the newest addition to the series, the mysterious V. Players will be trying to outscore each other by building the most impressive attack combos and achieving the highest style rank. Featuring all of the adrenaline-fueled intensity that fans new and old will remember, we couldn't be more thrilled for players around the world to experience our next video game adaptation for the tabletop!

"As a long-time fan of Devil May Cry™ and given my background, I couldn't be more excited to be a part of the team working on this board game." Says Mat Hart, Steamforged Games' Creative Director. "From the beautiful sculpts through to the subtle yet dramatic depth of gameplay, we've captured the very theme and essence of all that is awesome about Devil May Cry™."

"We are delighted to be working with the folk at Steamforged Games to bring the demons of Devil May Cry to life on players tabletops" commented Brian Ayers, Senior Brand Manager, Capcom. "Following the recent success of the latest title in the series Devil May Cry™ 5, we believe that the brand is stronger than ever and can't wait to see players enjoyment on playing the upcoming board game release next year"

Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace will be coming to Kickstarter with a downloadable rulebook as well as playthrough videos from our development team, so you can dive straight into the gameplay, and then get even more excited as we reveal game mechanics for the demon hunters, enemies, bosses, and more!

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
There's your multiplayer Bloody Palace.

:(

edit: looks cool tho. I'm a sucker for board games with little figurines

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least Trish will be playable in something.

Sad this is what it takes for her to get to actually do anything.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
of course it's Steamforged

A friend of mine picked up Dark Souls and we haaaaaated it, and then they more recently got RE2 and it seemed... alright? But yeah, I'm mostly left with "why" here.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
you have to throw all the peices up in the air and juggle them and other players reduce your score based on how dumb you look

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You drew Lady. Strip and stand in the corner until at least next turn, when a holder of the Nero card can free you from your prison. Your clothes stay off.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You drew Lady. Strip and stand in the corner until at least next turn, when a holder of the Nero card can free you from your prison. Your clothes stay off.
Even in this game Lady gets the short end of the stick since I noticed she's not mentioned with the other playable pieces.
Wasn't she playable in 2 and 4 with a strong likelihood of her getting dlc in 5 at some point. Seems unfair to paint this as her one moment to shine in anything DMC related.
I never said that it would be her first chance to shine ever.

Just that she was treated like garbage in 5 itself so it's hilarious to me that the fucking board game will probably treat her better.

Also I'll belive her getting DLC in 5 when I see it but they've given me no reason to believe they give a shit when the only reason the ladies are in the base game is to show their asses.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had a feeling SFG was doing this after reading the title.
My only problem with RE2 Board Game is that the tiles were printed too dark. Fun game.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Interested in seeing how the final product would look.

My experience with these kinds of board game only covers playing Arkham Horror a few times, so would be cool to see how this goes.

Oct 27, 2017
Even in this game Lady gets the short end of the stick since I noticed she's not mentioned with the other playable pieces.

I never said that it would be her first chance to shine ever.

Just that she was treated like garbage in 5 itself so it's hilarious to me that the fucking board game will probably treat her better.

Also I'll belive her getting DLC in 5 when I see it but they've given me no reason to believe they give a shit when the only reason the ladies are in the base game is to show their asses.
Right I get you. I'm not a fan of how they treated the characters either. I imagined them being bad ass demon hunters fighting alongside every one ala the Avengers which was specifically name dropped pre release, but they get absorbed by tentacles and stripped naked for some reason. It's fucking stupid.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
I love board games (In particular deck builders), but I think I will stick with the videogame on this one.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Neat. I kinda wanna get this for the sculpts as I have no interest in actually playing.