• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Update: It is legit:
20181114_185536.jpg

It's installed onto my Xbox. All content too.

===
Can anyone check to see if this is true? Not sure what is the source for this (reddit maybe?) but people shared these pictures on discord yet we are not sure if they are real or fake.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-load? You can often download 'something' on Xbox One ages in advance if you've pre-ordered.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wtf. That's a super early preload. Likely not the game, just some file uploaded by accident?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Xbox One game's are typically live on the system for a long time in advance. This isn't unusual.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
probably just preload, but if you search "Devil May Cry 5" on the Xbox App, you get three options: Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe edition, and two instances of Devil May Cry 5. The first takes you to the pre order page, the second, takes you to a similar page but the only option is "Play on Xbox One."

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
This isn't new on Xbox. Pre-orders go live months early sometimes and the build gets updated and changed on the back-end frequently.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
But 4 months in advance?
The size of the game is 35GB

Yep. I've had games fully preloaded for months in advance before.
It was always a surprise when I saw a thread saying X game is available for preoload on PSN when I'd had it fully downloaded for a long time.
They must have different policies.

When I used to examine the Xbox API and publish the data I would even see the playtime of unreleased games happening on the system.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So people who have this pre-ordered on Xbox One can download this right now? Can anyone check to see if this is true? Keep in mind that the game releases in like 5 months.

Also who does work with possible data miners. Seems like a lot of stuff could possibly leak if this was the norm on X1.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Yep. I've had games fully preloaded for months in advance before.
It was always a surprise when I saw a thread saying X game is available for preoload on PSN when I'd had it fully downloaded for a long time.
They must have different policies.

When I used to examine the Xbox API and publish the data I would even see the playtime of unreleased games happening on the system.
On PSN is 3 days ahead. On Xbox and Nintendo (Switch, 3DS, Wii U) it is usually a month, sometimes more sometimes less.