• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ALL OF THESE THOUGHTS RUNNIN' THROUGH MY HEAD

• ARM ON FIRE VEINS BURNIN' RED

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • FRUSTRATION IS GETTIN' BIGGER

Votes: 31 5.4%
  • BANG BANG BANG

Votes: 98 17.2%
  • PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER

Votes: 414 72.6%

• Total voters

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Last edited:

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the biggest Bayonetta fan I know IRL, quadrupple dipped on the 1st game and brought a Wii U for the 2nd, bought the art books and Prima guides and still have her as my desktop background but if Bayo 3 doesn't break away from the trajectory the 2nd game sent the series on, Bayonetta 3 isn't going to stand shoulder to shoulder with any game in the genre, let alone anything I've seen from DMCV.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It's not gonna touch From games for me, but I'm excited to give it a try. Enjoyed the demo even if I didn't really know what I was doing.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So much for ATG studio Platinum Games producing games that ape dmc to the T . PG is nothing more than a poor man's Capcom and bayonetta being a poor man's DMC . Bayonetta had its time to shine while the king was dormant . The pretenders can scram now . DMC is Bacckkk.

FromSoft games are good but even they can't hold a candle to the DMC franchise in terms of combat depth and in game mechanics . As for bosses , play the bosses of DMC before wanking on soulsborne bosses . Compare the first boss of dmc3 , dmc4 and bloodborne to know the difference . Cerberus vs Berial vs Cleric Beast (LMAO) .

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So much for ATG studio Platinum Games producing games that ape dmc to the T . PG is nothing more than a poor man's Capcom and bayonetta being a poor man's DMC . Bayonetta had its time to shine while the king was dormant . The pretenders can scram now . DMC is Bacckkk.
#TheKingisBack #RiseUP #IDon'tHaveOneLife #IHaveMany

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
God of War 2018 combat is more about spatial awareness then Bayonetta or DMC or even Bloodborne. The often criticized camera is a big reason why the combat in God of War feels that way, sure you don't have the crazy combo potential of japanese action titles, but GoW has great combat with different priorities.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait with that to be honest. The game is spectacular for sure but from the demo there's a couple flaws too. DMC4 started off the same but then half of the campaign was backtracking. We'll see whether they can deliver a solid campaign all the way to the end.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Posting question here because it doesn't deserve its own thread.
Was talking on the Phone last week about this game to a buddy of mine and he said something like:

"I haven't been following it closely but there was a shitstorm involving microtransactions and that the game will be grindy or something"

I also haven't been following anything besides the fact that this is coming. Can anyone here give me the latest on the above?

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'd wait with that to be honest. The game is spectacular for sure but from the demo there's a couple flaws too. DMC4 started off the same but then half of the campaign was backtracking. We'll see whether they can deliver a solid campaign all the way to the end.

The PR and marketing for this game is super positive . The MTX controversy has been put to rest as well . Game journalists who have played the preview of this game have been going GaGa over it . It helps when the director comes out and says that this is his 'best work' yet , especially when he has some masterpieces in his portfolio ala dmc3 , 4 and DD .. there's no backtracking in this game and many flaws from previous games have been ironed out . Capcom seem confident . This game is gonna rule the roost . I'm certain .

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Was talking on the Phone last week about this game to a buddy of mine and he said something like:

"I haven't been following it closely but there was a shitstorm involving microtransactions and that the game will be grindy or something"

I also haven't been following anything besides the fact that this is coming. Can anyone here give me the latest on the above?
The game isn't grindy at all, if anything, its way more generous with the amount of red orbs you get compared to previous games, hell, there is a new weapon that's gimmick is gaining even MORE red orbs with every successful attack you do.

Too bad there was a lot of misinformation spread at the time, but the game won't ever gate you from advancing the game compared to...say...ACOdyssey

As a bonus, you can actually gain 30000 red orbs in the full game if you played the demo and had a save file

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

My understanding is that you can buy gameplay boosts and skills with real money. There are MTX in this full price game. Make of that what you will.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Man you guys are pretty hostile. Nothing wrong with enjoying a different game's combat more. Having the most options doesn't automatically make it the best and most fun for everyone.

For me the combat in GoW 3 feels more impactful and is easier to get into while still having the potential for crazy combos. Yes you can beat the whole game with square square triangle, just like you can beat DMC, Bloodborne or anything else with one combo.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the need to compare DMC to Bloodborne or Sekiro, i am plenty excited for both games coming out. Comparing Souls style games to the crazy levels of bullshit you can do in dmc games, other than being about action dmc obviously can go way further if you have the skill.

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood how people could criticize the level design and gameplay variety in DMC and then prop up Bayonetta? The visual variety in the latter wasn't all that much but whoo I love me some Spacer Harrier missions to break things up I guess.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
My understanding is that you can buy gameplay boosts and skills with real money. There are MTX in this full price game. Make of that what you will.

I wonder how much money , people who've posted combo videos have spent on this demo , to play like that . Your guess is as good as mine , Einstein .

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oh yes , Dmc can't compare to a game that is full of dial a combo mechanics + shitty QTEs and is nothing more than a Dmc imitation .
To be fair, Bayonetta's director Hideki Kamiya invented the stylish action genre with the original Devil May Cry, so it's kind of his thing to fuck with. And The Wonderful 101 proves he is far from some copycat hack.

Also any downsides of the dial-a-combo aspect are nullified with Dodge Offset. Bayonetta introduced a number of combat innovations that could benefit DMC, if only Itsuno and his team had taken notice.

I would have been fine with DMC5 straight up swiping Dodge Offset and some variation of animal transformations. Like if Dante had a cross between Bayonetta's high-mobility panther mode with the combat abilities of V's Shadow familiar... yes please. Can you even imagine the combo insanity if Dante could zip in and out of a panther style as quickly as his other ones? Hnnngg.

I see zero reason for the two series not to feed off each other freely. It would only lead to better games on both sides.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
People talking about "campaign" and "story" and "dialogue".

Bloody Palace is all you need for it to be best action game ever. The rest is irrelevant.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine thinking that Bayonetta 3 will suprass DMC 5 while both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 never managed to surpass DMC 4 gameplay and mechanics.

Good Luck to PG.
bayonetta 1 already surpassed every dmc in existance up to 4

on bayonetta 2 i agree, that's why i don't have many hopes for bayo 3

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017

Bloody Palace is all you need for it to be best action game ever. The rest is irrelevant.
Honestly this is why DMC4 is even in the best action games conversation. Its combat system is so goddamned amazing that it need literally nothing apart from a simple combat arena to shine brighter than 99% of the other titles out there.

Campaign? What campaign? You mean the novelty mode you can play to unlock stuff and see kooky videos? Lol. But for real, the combat is actually that good.

Bayonetta 2 is the better action game for people who want a little more gamey meat than the deepest of deep combat in its purest form, though. Unlike the original Bayonetta, and all the DMC games, Bayonetta 2's full campaign is a smooth and highly replayable experience from start to finish.

Last edited:

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017

I have to say, having a strong narrative, cool cutscenes and a fun story made DMC3 an amazing game for me.

DMC4 has better gameplay, but I still prefer DMC3 over 4. Hopefully DMC5 is like DMC3 as the full package.

Oct 28, 2017
I've already ordered it so this might be somewhat hypocritical, but locking Devil Breaker arms behind the Deluxe edition is some hot bullshit. Even if they are somewhat gimmicky compared to the normal arms, they still offer some form of gameplay variety in a way that just seems wrong to put behind a pay wall.

ccMXYow.png

This is a much bigger issue than making orbs purchasable imo.

Last edited:

Eliot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eleven years later and the only action game that can be compared in depth and playable creativity with DMC4 is going to be DMC5.

I hope other devs learn from Capcom.

Oct 25, 2017
I've already ordered it so it might be somewhat hypocritical, but locking Devil Breaker arms behind the Deluxe edition is some hot bullshit. Even if they are somewhat gimmicky compared to the normal arms, the still offer some form of gameplay variety in a way that just seems wrong to put behind a pay wall.

ccMXYow.png

This is a much bigger issue than making orbs purchasable imo.
Not a fan either. Much like Bloodstained's Igarashi Super Boss, I paid for the version that has it, but I still hope they make it available for everyone.

At least you can buy the arms as DLC individually, IIRC, so they're not forever tied to the Deluxe Edition.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
People who like the character interactions. DMC's story is all just a pretext for zany humor and action, with a little sprinkle of melodrama. It does add value. You just have to make sure not to take it seriously.

That is fine but I took it out of context. I Love DMC lore. I thought folks wanted the Witcher 3 experience.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
As someone that hasn't touched a DMC game in years, the demo really put me off. The controls felt quite unintuitive to me and I can't say the camera movement has aged well in my eyes.
I'm totally sure though that many will love it, and I hope it's a success.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not even close to Bloodborne or Nioh.

The game feels like a more polished version of DMC4. The structure of the series hasn't evolved at all, so it still feels like it has the soul of a PS2 game.

Also, Nero didn't feel fun to play in the demo.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Not even close to Bloodborne or Nioh.

The game feels like a more polished version of DMC4. The structure of the series hasn't evolved at all, so it still feels like it has the soul of a PS2 game.

Also, Nero didn't feel fun to play in the demo.
A PS2 game that has better combat and variety than Bloodborne then.