• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ALL OF THESE THOUGHTS RUNNIN' THROUGH MY HEAD

• ARM ON FIRE VEINS BURNIN' RED

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • FRUSTRATION IS GETTIN' BIGGER

Votes: 31 5.4%
  • BANG BANG BANG

Votes: 98 17.2%
  • PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER

Votes: 414 72.6%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people in this thread are pretty delusional. But then again it's an ERA prediction sales topic so it's to be expected.

This is DMC we're talking about, not Bayonetta. It will do good numbers just like every mainline DMC game untill now.

So you think DMC won't do anywhere close to 2.5 to 3 mil lifetime?

Lmao.
Unless I'm misreading the mood I believe their referring to the quality of the game, not sales. Which is all subjective opinion.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Some people in this thread are pretty delusional.

And others, weirdly defensive. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that GameShrink was talking about sales, for example, when they're clearly saying DMCV won't beat BB or Nioh quality-wise for them.

e: oh, I see you realized your mistake while I was writing this lol

I mean TW3 is already infinitely above GoW as a "whole product" whatever that means.
It's fine to have bad opinions.

Man, it's always either ridiculous hype wankery or needless hostility with these hype threads, isn't it

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People talking about "campaign" and "story" and "dialogue".

Bloody Palace is all you need for it to be best action game ever. The rest is irrelevant.
Only if you're an ultra hardcore gameplay first type of person, and while I'm no analyst, I think relying on those people only wouldn't be a very profitable venture.

It's very much not "irrelevant" for most people as much as you want to think it is.

I think DMC4 is worse then both DMC1 and DMC4. I frankly don't care how super special awesome the combat is if I don't care about anything surrounding it. It's not like it's impossible to do both.

Thankfully Capcom isn't dumb and DMC5 is looking much better then 4 in that area AND have really good combat.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
We might finally get a superior DMC game. Because DMC4 is clearly the best gameplay wise, but DMC3 is the best whole product. DMC5 is looking to surpass both and I'm so excited.

Then after this Itsuno and co can go and make the best ARPG sequel.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Only if you're an ultra hardcore gameplay first type of person, and while I'm no analyst, I think relying on those people only wouldn't be a very profitable venture.

It's very much not "irrelevant" for most people as much as you want to think it is.

I think DMC4 is worse then both DMC1 and DMC4. I frankly don't care how super special awesome the combat is if I don't care about anything surrounding it. It's not like it's impossible to do both.

Thankfully Capcom isn't dumb and DMC5 is looking much better then 4 in that area AND have really good combat.
Well 4 was the highest selling and most popular in some parts, but they got that idea and we ended up with DmC, i much prefer a good improved sequel to dmc 4 over more DmC

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well 4 was the highest selling and most popular in some parts, but they got that idea and we ended up with DmC, i much prefer a good improved sequel to dmc 4 over more DmC
I'd rather either. I liked DmC more then 4 overall but 3 is still my favorite in the series.

Like I said 5 looks to be improving on almost all my complaints about 4, it's just the hardcore make it seem like they could just package Bloody Palace and call it a day.

(Though I wish Trish or Lady was playable instead of V, or V hadn't been another dude.)

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'd rather either. I liked DmC more then 4 overall but 3 is still my favorite in the series.

Like I said 5 looks to be improving on almost all my complaints about 4, it's just the hardcore make it seem like they could just package Bloody Palace and call it a day.

(Though I wish Trish or Lady was playable instead of V, or V hadn't been another dude.)
Thats true combat is most important but the campaign has to be enjoyable as well, though i never had any doubt they would improve it unlike most people here :P
DMC 4 campaign was more than 10 years ago and Capcom's first HD title it had a troubled development cycle and they had to throw away a lot of ideas to start over, we still ended with one of their best action games.
Nothing ever indicated that dmc 5 was going to have similar troubles, though if gamers were expecting a reinvention or the series suddendly focusing on other areas besides action they may be dissapointed.

V is fine he is a completely new way to play, Nico is new character and Trish, Lady will be reserved for the future SSSpecial Edition

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats true combat is most important but the campaign has to be enjoyable as well, though i never had any doubt they would improve it unlike most people here :P
DMC 4 campaign was more than 10 years ago and Capcom's first HD title it had a troubled development cycle and they had to throw away a lot of ideas to start over, we still ended with one of their best action games.
Nothing ever indicated that dmc 5 was going to have similar troubles, though if gamers were expecting a reinvention or the series suddendly focusing on other areas besides action they may be dissapointed.
I wasn't expecting a reinvention personally I just wanted something as good as DMC3, and this game is looking to deliver thankfully.(I just wish we could avoid the pissing contest with Bayonetta, I love both.)
V is fine he is a completely new way to play, Nico is new character and Trish, Lady will be reserved for the future SSSpecial Edition
Ok? What does this have to do with what I said? Yeah V has some weird gimmicks, I just don't care and wish it wasn't another dude.

I'd rather not have to rebuy a game just to finally have a playable female character.(yes I know about DMC4SE, I want a playable female character to actually be important not just some bonus feature added years later.)

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Ok? What does this have to do with what I said? Yeah V has some weird gimmicks, I just don't care and wish it wasn't another dude.

I'd rather not have to rebuy a game just to finally have a playable female character.(yes I know about DMC4SE, I want a playable female character to actually be important not just some bonus feature added years later.)
idk, i have a theory if it was Vergil instead, another white hair guy people wouldn't be complaining so much 😄

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the campaign will never be as good as GOW, that's essentially guaranteed. I mean, it's just the same old DMC, the only thing that'll be improved from 4 will be the campaign (which from some previews still seem to feature some amount of backtrack what with the player having to take each of the three characters towards the same boss, or at least that's my impression). Sure, for some, who's only interest is how many moves they can cancel or w/e, it'll be the best game of the forever, but as an overall package I doubt it'll reach the heights GOW did. Of course, the game's not out yet so there's no way to know. Sekiro's previews look way more interesting though.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for threadgriefing, but I don't like threads like this. They always bring out negativity and resentment in people. Let's wait until the game is out and leave the hyperbole to the developers.

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is we finally have a new DMC game since DMC3 that isn't a big disappointment.

Yeah, the campaign will never be as good as GOW, that's essentially guaranteed. I mean, it's just the same old DMC, the only thing that'll be improved from 4 will be the campaign

Wrong. We've seen several improvements over 4 already.

Last edited:

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Limits are what defines games, often more then just giving you all the tools all the time.
And then people bitch about not being able to move while aiming in Resident Evil
393085130219978752.png

-
Non DMC fans coming to the thread to say your favorite series isn't that cool.
Im_takingthisback.gif

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wrong. We've seen several improvements from 4 already.
I should've been more clear and mention that, in general, the best improved aspect when compared to DMC4 will be the campaign because the campaign in DMC4 was trash.

Of course, once you get to the minutiae of the game, there are a host of other improvements, but none so far to indicate this being a transformative title rather than an iterative one.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

Being a good venture is off topic tho. What I said applied for "best action game". Best action game means best gameplay before everything else. The rest is bonus.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop bringing up DMC 4's level design. It's very well known at this point that DMC 4 had a change in leadership, change in direction, was rushed, and the team was burnt out after both DMC 2 and 3. DMC 5 will not repeat any of the same mistakes.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Eh.

It'll be good/great, but haven't gotten that impression from the demos.

Maybe if you literally only care about combat.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious thread where DMC fanboys are so far up their own ass of self-worship bubble. DMCV will be a good and fine game, but it won't even be the most popular action game in March. The "poll" is just comically eye-rolling, and shows the maturity level of the fanbase!!!!!!!
You're just mad nobody bothered to bring Kingdumb Hearts into this conversation. Nomura in tatters.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Yeah, probably. It seems to marry the hype and style of the mainline series, with the hardcore depth character action fans need, plus a nice casual ramp for newcomers. It feels like the "Monster Hunter World" of the DMC series, where a traditionally popular series takes the next step into mainstream popularity. I can't wait.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I think we could have avoided all the silly comparison nonsense if OP had stated best 'character action' game instead of just 'action' game.
Comparing DMC V to Bloodborne and God of War is a bit daft.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Itsuno and co. We've got three unique characters and Dante has 100 weapons, but it's simply not enough. However, I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to make a DMC with platforming as good as Mario Odyssey, level design and exploration as good as DS1 and Bloodborne, stealth as good as MGS5/Thief 2/Sekiro, bosses that are all on the level of Vergil 3/Credo/Lady Maria/Ludwig/Orphan of Kos/Slave Knight Gael, with new characters that play like Bayonetta, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. While at the same time keeping the combat as good as DMC5's.

:ono:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Itsuno and co. We've got three unique characters and Dante has 100 weapons, but it's simply not enough. However, I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to make a DMC with platforming as good as Mario Odyssey, level design and exploration as good as DS1 and Bloodborne, stealth as good as MGS5/Thief 2/Sekiro, bosses that are all on the level of Vergil 3/Credo/Lady Maria/Ludwig/Orphan of Kos/Slave Knight Gael, with characters that play like Bayonetta, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. While at the same time keeping the combat as good as DMC5's.
T O T A L P A C K A G E

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I feel bad for Itsuno and co. We've got three unique characters and Dante has 100 weapons, but it's simply not enough. However, I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to make a DMC with platforming as good as Mario Odyssey, level design and exploration as good as DS1 and Bloodborne, stealth as good as MGS5/Thief 2/Sekiro, bosses that are all on the level of Vergil 3/Credo/Lady Maria/Ludwig/Orphan of Kos/Slave Knight Gael, with characters that play like Bayonetta, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. While at the same time keeping the combat as good as DMC5's.

:ono:
I think the easiest solution would be to just keep the game as it is, just remove the MICROTRANSACTIONS.

It's really telling when From makes a game published by Activision and it doesn't have MTX. Maybe Capcpom and Itsuno should take lessons from From and Miyazaki!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine taking luce's posts seriously.

Imagine living that life.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'll wait until bayo 3 is out to make that judgement. It could just be more of what we got in 1 and 2 but I dunno. Kamiya is an amazing guy and has impressed me before. Plus, platinum finally seems to have competition so I'm interested to see if and how thet decide to "step up" so to speak.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
The first demo did absolutely nothing for me, though i assume i have to play through the previous games (1, 2, 3 and 4) to ''get it''? Loved Bayonetta and other similar games, but i feel like i have to get to know the characters better before i get into this.

Feb 2, 2019
It's this weirdly arrogant and hostile "you must pick a side" feeling that just permeates threads like this and it really bothers me.

It's all because of the "best of the best" rhetoric. It's like you have to pick a winner, and therefore a loser or many. You can't help it, this medium isn't mature yet.

I don't see that with movie and music, it's mostly the case video-games.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
It's not fair to compare to DMC to Bloodborne or Dark Souls or GOW. They're all going for different things, and to me they're in different genres.

We can safely say DMC5 is going to be the best hack n slasher since DMC4 SE, and will continue to be the best until DMC6, because there is no way Platinum aka "overrated as hell" can deliver a satisfying combat system like Itsuno can, and Ninja Gaiden is dormant.

Feb 2, 2019
It's not fair to compare to DMC to Bloodborne or Dark Souls or GOW. They're all going for different things, and to me they're in different genres.

We can safely say DMC5 is going to be the best hack n slasher since DMC4 SE, and will continue to be the best until DMC6, because there is no way Platinum aka "overrated as hell" can deliver a satisfying combat system like Itsuno can, and Ninja Gaiden is dormant.

Bayonetta profited from the fact that Capcom didn't deliver properly with DMC4. Bayonetta 1 and 2 were complete package while DMC4 was half of a game (backtracking at the middle), but yes, all in all, DMC mechanics are better, but I'd say as a whole package, Bayonetta franchise is more consistant.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Was shitting on Platinum necessary?

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018

I think we could have avoided all the silly comparison nonsense if OP had stated best 'character action' game instead of just 'action' game.
Comparing DMC V to Bloodborne and God of War is a bit daft.

giphy-downsized.gif

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I should've been more clear and mention that, in general, the best improved aspect when compared to DMC4 will be the campaign because the campaign in DMC4 was trash.

Of course, once you get to the minutiae of the game, there are a host of other improvements, but none so far to indicate this being a transformative title rather than an iterative one.
Have you seen V? Thats innovation right there if Ive ever seen it.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I must really suck but man I'm not used to how DMC handle dodges after so many Soulsborne games. I'm disappointed with my performance against the demo boss...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I must really suck but man I'm not used to how DMC handle dodges after so many Soulsborne games. I'm disappointed with my performance against the demo boss...
The boss's attacks are all pretty slow and telegraphed. You just have to time your dodges or jumps (jumps can be used to dodge attacks) correctly.